• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 25, 2017
Posted on behalf of user "Matesamo"
https://www.resetera.com/members/matesamo.29709/
29709.jpg

star-wars-rebels-season-four-key-art-1023692.jpg

Season 4
Returns from mid-season break in early 2018 with the final episodes leading up to Star Wars: A New Hope and Rogue One.

Episodes Aired
  • Monday, 10/16 – "Heroes of Mandalore" Parts 1 & 2
  • Monday, 10/23 – "In the Name of the Rebellion" Parts 1 & 2
  • Monday, 10/30 – "The Occupation" and "Flight of the Defender"
  • Monday, 11/6 – "Kindred" and "Crawler Commandeers"
  • Monday, 11/13 – "Rebel Assault"
The final seven episodes are coming in early 2018.

Rumors
Why does Star Wars: Rebels have it's first mid-season break ever right before Episode IIX and comes back after the movie is released? Are Snoke and a major character Rebels character perhaps related?

Hera and Chopper have recently been confirmed have survived through the end of Return of the Jedi via a Forces Of Destiny short but what of Ezra, Kanan, Zeb and Sabine?

Will other legacy characters appear in the final episodes? Will the series ending tie directly into Rogue One, A New Hope or perhaps something else? What is the new animated series Dave Filoni working on?

Legacy
After the Clone Wars cartoon was unexpectedly cancelled and Rebels was announced there was an immediate fan backlash. Much like the backlash to the Clone Wars, where fans focused their ire on teenager Ahsoka, this time fans complained about the character of Ezra. With his static hair and Aladdin like appearance fans vowed to never watch the show. Those who did watch were treated to one of the best cartoons in years as the new characters were integrated into canon and legacy characters like Darth Vader, Darth Maul, Saw Gerrera, Mon Mothma, Obi-Wan Kenobi, and Thrawn made appearances. The canon was fleshed out through the show, tie-in novels, and comic books; the Star Wars universe is richer for all the shows contributions.

Highlights (except season 4 - no spoilers)
  • Kanan and Ezra fight the Inquisitor (S1)
  • Fulcrom was revealed to be the code name for Ahsoka Who was confirmed to have survived episode 3. (S1)
  • The rebellion is officially formed. (S1)
  • Vader fights Ahsoka and an iconic image is born! (S2)
vader%20anakin%20rebels.png

• Yoda guides Ezra and Kanan through the Jedi trials (S2)
  • Ahsoka finally finds out what happened to her former master Anakin Skywalker (S2)
  • The final meeting of Obi-Wan and Darth Maul (S3)
  • Captain Rex fights one last Clone Wars battle (S3)
  • The fate of Geonosis (S3)
  • Thrawn is canon once more! (S3)
Star-Wars-Rebels-3.20-Thrawn-Kallus.jpg

MCee

Oct 28, 2017
Bay Area
Though it's still had some of those signature filler moments, I've enjoyed the more serialized approach to season 4. Hasn't reached the highs of the previous seasons but I feel like it's been more solid throughout.

Interested to see how they wrap it up and if any characters will have involvement or impact beyond rebels. I always assumed they would mostly be wiped out. Prospects don't look good good for the rest of the crew since we know hera and chopper make it. Haha.

Teddy

Oct 26, 2017
I was hugely sceptical of Rebels until this very season, but so far they've really stepped up their game for season four.

I'll be quite sad when the series ends and although not as good as the Clones Wars, I'll be sad it ended.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Just watched Rebel Assault last night. That was really good. This season has been the best by far.

holtz

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
I didn't watch any episodes of season 4 yet. Which episodes Thrawn appears and have a significant role?

Pilgrimzero

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Pure theory but I think Ezra or Kanan are going to die and the other becomes a sith lord.

Betting Ezra is the Sith Lord.

Kor of Memory

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what it is, but everything with the Lothwolves is super compelling to me. I want more of them, all the time.

Septimus Prime

EA
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Unfortunately, I don't have a legal way to watch this. Unlike other TV network apps, the Disney XD app requires you to enter your cable subscription information.

I mean, if I had that, I'd just watch the shit on TV in the first place.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
It has been a lot better these last couple of series. There was an article suggesting it's because it gained focus, I'd agree with that for sure.

I would suppode Kanan will die valiantly.

Ezra is a tricky one. I suppose the options are:
. Ezra dies
. Ezra renounces the Jedi title and rides off into the sunset
. Ezra turns out to be relevent to the sequel trilogy
. Ezra is Snoke (no way José)

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
While having some good episodes, overall the show still has been highly uneven, just didn't match the highs of TCW to me. The pulling of punches in the Violence, quality of animation, and the short 2 ep story arcs just hampered it. Even the good episodes felt way too fast story wise cause of the short story telling they went with, while with TCW they often went with 3 ep arcs or more at least.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anything in Rebels is related to Snoke. The break until after Episode 8 is almost certainly just because they only have 7 episodes left and want to run some in the new year.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I didn't watch any episodes of season 4 yet. Which episodes Thrawn appears and have a significant role?

He's only in episode 6 onward, but the first five are worth watching, and this whole season is more serialized than before, so you might want to just watch them all.

Deleted member 9486

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Pretty slow season so far for a final season IMO. Not bad or anything, just pretty meh in terms of any major plot movement. Then again there isn't really a whole lot that can happen between this time and Rogue One anyway.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
Overall, the series has been really up-and-down for me but I'm looking forward to this final batch of episodes. It could really be something special.

daveo42

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
I caught up with the show last weekend and I'm liking the direction they are going with the show, though I really have no clue how things will wrap up with A New Hope rapidly approaching and Kanan and Ezra still alive while Chopper, Hera, and the Ghost have to at least survive until the Battle of Scarif.

Also, that trooper in the black armor from the Kaiber Crystal episode, was that supposed to be Phasma? Sounded an awful lot like her.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I caught up with the show last weekend and I'm liking the direction they are going with the show, though I really have no clue how things will wrap up with A New Hope rapidly approaching and Kanan and Ezra still alive while Chopper, Hera, and the Ghost have to at least survive until the Battle of Scarif.

Also, that trooper in the black armor from the Kaiber Crystal episode, was that supposed to be Phasma? Sounded an awful lot like her.

No, Phasma hasn't even been born yet I don't believe. Or if she has been she's an infant on Parnassos.

metsallica

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
This season hasn't done much for me but I'm very curious to see where it goes given the long pause.

Duane

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
...while Chopper, Hera, and the Ghost have to at least survive until the Battle of Scarif.

Yeah, and actually, it's been more or less indicated that they're on the ground at Endor, too. Chop, Hera and Rex are probably the only truly safe characters.

PBalfredo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 26, 2017
I need to get caught up. Is there a legit means for a cord cutter to watch season 3?

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I enjoyed this series more than TCW. It's going to be interesting how the fate of the ghost crew outside of Hera and Chopper.

Dr Doom

Oct 25, 2017
I need to catch up. I stopped on episode 2 of this season.

it wasn't catching my attention

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
This season's been good. It'll be interesting to see how they address two Jedi not being around in the OT.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Let's do this RebelsERA. One last time into the sunset.
3DP8aXT.gif

Ezra ends up becoming "DJ" :P

Hope Rex survives the battle of Endor.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I am excited to see what they do with the surviving characters post-ANH. Hera has been showing up in the comics a lot recently. And we NEED Luke to meet Rex so he can tell him all about his father.

I'm also really curious if Leia will ever mention to Luke that time she was helped by some Jedi on Lothal.

Auros01

Avenger
Nov 17, 2017
I'm sure most of you saw it but the mid-season trailer finally was revealed. Here it is:

BrokenFiction

Oct 25, 2017
ATL
***cross-posting from the Star Wars thread***

I talked to David Glen Russell on Twitter (he works with Kevin Kiner on the Rebels - and Clone Wars - musical scores). He told me that they sprang for a 70 piece orchestra for the finale and that the music coming up will be amazing.

*audible gasp*

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
***cross-posting from the Star Wars thread***

I talked to David Glen Russell on Twitter (he works with Kevin Kiner on the Rebels - and Clone Wars - musical scores). He told me that they sprang for a 70 piece orchestra for the finale and that the music coming up will be amazing.

*audible gasp*
SjeLu9Y.gif

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
At the end of the first episode I was thinking "boy Pryce sure is an idiot". Glad they didn't ignore that and it carried over into the second episode as a plot point.

Some nice voice work from Vanessa Marshall too!

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
That was actually a pretty good opening.

Not a big fan of them just letting Rukh go tho.

Couldn't they at least take him prisoner or something?