• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Aren't they the same story though?

No. The 2D series was basically just meant to show off battles and no longer counts as canon. The CGI series is 6 (soon to be 7) seasons long and deals heavily with characters, giving a lot more weight to Anakin's fall.

Rebels is its own thing but calls back to TCW very often.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As others are saying, you should definitely watch Clone Wars first. You can skip the movie. Honestly I'd recommend following one of those recommended viewing guides to dodge the crappy episodes, but if you can stomach them then you can just watch everything too.

The later seasons have some of the best Star Wars stories period imo.

Rebels is not nearly as good as Clone Wars, and the best episodes actually involve Clone Wars characters and tying up their loose ends.

EDIT:

Here, follow this:

suvAMuY.jpg

And by follow it, I mean watch everything that is either highlighted OR an "Honorable Mention". Don't skip those.

Anything that is neither can be passed over no problem. If you really like the series you can go back and check them out, but it's mostly stuff like Jar Jar shit and much more exclusively kid-targeting episodes.

So basically, start with S1 Episode 2: Rising Malevolence.
Nah. They should watch the whole thing, using the official guide i linked.

Sayers

Oct 28, 2017
As others are saying, you should definitely watch Clone Wars first. You can skip the movie. Honestly I'd recommend following one of those recommended viewing guides to dodge the crappy episodes, but if you can stomach them then you can just watch everything too.

The later seasons have some of the best Star Wars stories period imo.

Rebels is not nearly as good as Clone Wars, and the best episodes actually involve Clone Wars characters and tying up their loose ends.

EDIT:

Here, follow this:

suvAMuY.jpg

And by follow it, I mean watch everything that is either highlighted OR an "Honorable Mention". Don't skip those.

Anything that is neither can be passed over no problem. If you really like the series you can go back and check them out, but it's mostly stuff like Jar Jar shit and much more exclusively kid-targeting episodes.

So basically, start with S1 Episode 2: Rising Malevolence.
This guide skips the Padawan Lost two-parter which is a huge oversight in my opinion. It is an essential part of Ahsoka's growth as a character. I also think the Ryloth arc in Season 1 is pretty good.

Shy

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This guide skips the Padawan Lost two-parter which is a huge oversight in my opinion. It is an essential part of Ahsoka's growth as a character. I also think the Ryloth arc in Season 1 is pretty good.
Yep. They should use this guide.
www.starwars.com

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Chronological Episode Order | StarWars.com

Lucasfilm presents the official sequential order for the beloved animated series, including all 121 shows and the original feature film.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Nah. They should watch the whole thing, using the official guide i linked.
It doesn't skip the Ryloth arc, that is part of the "honorable mentions", which like I said, shouldn't be skipped.

Regardless, it's not perfect, but it does the job more than adequately. I'd rather someone use the guide and miss a couple little things than try to watch every episode and give up early because it feels like it's for little kids or something (and I've known people who have given up for this exact reason). Telling someone to just straight up watch 100 episodes of something is also a pretty daunting task.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I am not reading here because of potential spoilers. But I just wanted to say that I was blown away by the finale of Season 2. Holy shit, that was fantastic. Will dive right into Season 3.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Necrobump got me really excited for a minute. Can we not do that? Just make a LTTP thread.