• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Yup, its really sad with all the options early Clone Wars era Hasbro had and would have made.
Amazed Ketsu at least didn't get a figure.
The prototype B-wing as a high-end vehicle, a Sabine painted Tie, the transports from the last few episodes would have been great
OOOO THAT PROTO B-WING. HOT FIRE

protobydsnx.png

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't even think about the fact that now Ahsoka is confirmed alive post ROTJ, if she does get a series or something that covers it she has to potential to interact with Anakin's Force ghost.

Oct 28, 2017
England
This
Since the show released in 2014 in the main Star Wars line there has been
Actual Vehicles:
Phantom(so undersized it was pointless)
AT-DP
Empire transport(so undersized it was pointless)
Inquisitor's fighter
Ezra's speeder bike
Hera's A-Wing

Figures:
Kanan(S1)
Ezra(S1)
Callus(S1)
Grand Inquisitor
Sabine(with permanent helmet) vs Stormtrooper
Hera vs Sandtrooper
Kanan(Stormtrooper armor)
Rex
Leia
Ahsoka vs Vader
Maul vs 7th Sister
Sabine(S2 with removable helmet)
Fenn Rau

And as far as the 6" Black Series goes, its 4 entire years later with the show now over and the main character was never made.

That is like 1 wave in quantity of early season Clone Wars merchandise(not to mention the quality was far better)
Disney and Hasbro just didn't care about Rebels for whatever reason.

Heck even in Disney's parks the extent of any Rebels acknowledgment after the premiere is

Lego has also really ignored Rebels. The only sets we've had are:
  • The Ghost
  • The Phantom (twice)
  • TIE Advanced Prototype
  • Imperial Troop Transport
  • AT-DP
  • Wookie Gunship
  • Ezra's Speeder Bike
  • Kanan's Speeder Bike
  • Imperial Assault Carrier
  • Vader's TIE Advanced vs A-Wing
  • Captain Rex's AT-TE
  • Rebel Combat Frigate
All sets have come from seasons one and two - save for the second Phantom set, which is the sole season three set. No sets have been made for the final series. There's been a lack of Lego figures, too:
  • Ezra
  • Kanan
  • Sabine
  • Hera
  • Chopper
  • Zeb
  • Kallus
  • Cumberlayne Aresko (not named as such, but clearly supposed to be him)
  • Vader
  • Tarkin
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Fifth Brother
  • Ahsoka
  • Rex
  • Gregor
  • Wolfe
  • Quarrie (not actually included in a Rebels set, but as a part of the Lego-original series 'The Freemakers')
  • Wullffwarro
It could be argued that Lego needed to make room for sets for the new films, but they still kept making sets from the OT and PT. They also still make new sets for The Clone Wars.

Oct 25, 2017
Lego has also really ignored Rebels. The only sets we've had are:
  • The Ghost
  • The Phantom (twice)
  • TIE Advanced Prototype
  • Imperial Troop Transport
  • AT-DP
  • Wookie Gunship
  • Ezra's Speeder Bike
  • Kanan's Speeder Bike
  • Imperial Assault Carrier
  • Vader's TIE Advanced vs A-Wing
  • Captain Rex's AT-TE
  • Rebel Combat Frigate
All sets have come from seasons one and two - save for the second Phantom set, which is the sole season three set. No sets have been made for the final series. There's been a lack of Lego figures, too:
  • Ezra
  • Kanan
  • Sabine
  • Hera
  • Chopper
  • Zeb
  • Kallus
  • Cumberlayne Aresko (not named as such, but clearly supposed to be him)
  • Vader
  • Tarkin
  • Grand Inquisitor
  • Fifth Brother
  • Ahsoka
  • Rex
  • Gregor
  • Wolfe
  • Quarrie (not actually included in a Rebels set, but as a part of the Lego-original series 'The Freemakers')
  • Wullffwarro
It could be argued that Lego needed to make room for sets for the new films, but they still kept making sets from the OT and PT. They also still make new sets for The Clone Wars.
I do give Lego credit for actually making the Ghost, as well as Rex's AT-TE.

Deleted member 7130

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope they don't kill of Ahsoka to coincide with Rey being "the last Jedi."

She's not really a Jedi anyway. She proclaims not to be as well. Ezra they can kill. I only found him to be sorta alright by the end of Rebels.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I just hope they don't kill of Ahsoka to coincide with Rey being "the last Jedi."

She's not really a Jedi anyway. She proclaims not to be as well. Ezra they can kill. I only found him to be sorta alright by the end of Rebels.

Ahsoka would be 70 by the time of TFA. She'd basically function as Rey's mentor in between 8 and 9, and in that role I'd expect she'd have to die to comply with the hero's journey.

Oct 25, 2017
Ahsoka would be 70 by the time of TFA. She'd basically function as Rey's mentor in between 8 and 9, and in that role I'd expect she'd have to die to comply with the hero's journey.
Makes me wonder about Sabine and Ezra on the other hand, they'd only be around 50.

Though Filoni could always pull some crazy shit where the Daughter's life force extended Ahsoka's lifespan.(probably not)

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Does Ahsoka's race have the same lifespan as humans? Yoda lived for like 300+ years after all.

Oct 27, 2017
I was showing the father-daughter-son Clone Wars episodes to my kid today, and in the Ghosts of Mortis episode, there are wolf drawings on the walls of the monastery. In 2011.

Oct 25, 2017
I love that they showed the Emperor's false public face in motion. I've read about it, I saw it on propaganda posters in Battlefront 2, but it was cool to see him appear in a good chunk of scene as he shows himself to the galaxy at large.

Palpatine repeatedly trying to trick Ezra into opening the portals for him was really cool. First the false vision of Kanan a couple episodes ago, and again here with the vision of Ezra's parents. It looks like this power is closed off to him without the help of someone on the light side, and with the last of the temple destroyed, he's shit out of luck.

Rex on Endor confirmed makes me a happy boy. They may not have directly confirmed that Nik Sant was retconned into Rex but clearly that's Dave's intention so it's canon to me now.

I have no idea how Ezra and Thrawn could survive flying into space at hyperspeed without windows but I'm desperate for Thrawn to live so I'll let it slide and give them the benefit of the doubt.

Shame that the show ends on the season it finally got good for me, but at least I'm looking forward to whatever comes next. I wonder if it will be post-RotJ.

Joeytj

Oct 30, 2017
Just saw the episodes.

Pretty much what I expected, and overall, as satisfied as I can be with the series. I got teary eyed at Ezra's end and think they handled it well enough, although it's weird that Thrawn is syphoned away from the story for now by... space whales. Kind of a disservice to the legacy of his character among fans, even if I don't care much for him.

Great to see Palpatine's propaganda version of himself and more detail on how the gateway to the world between worlds is shut to Palpatine and off limits in the Star Wars lore, for now.

I've never been a fan of Lothal Adventures, but again, it got good as I can expect from this series. I didn't care for the callbacks to the characters throughout the series, not even Hondo since he really didn't do a lot, not like in TCW. His "I would do anything for that boy" line was a bit too much.

But the last flash forward montage was enough to leave with a good opinion of the series and hopeful about the future.

Gandalf Ahsoka, Kanan and Hera's kid and the flash forward was amazing, and the promise for the new series as well. Hope they announce it soon.

SELIG

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
I was so surprised by how much I was rooting for Mart. I care about Mart now? Ok, I guess I can live with this. Smiling ear to ear that he got to play an important role in this.

DarthGoomba

Oct 30, 2017
I have no idea how Ezra and Thrawn could survive flying into space at hyperspeed without windows but I'm desperate for Thrawn to live so I'll let it slide and give them the benefit of the doubt.
Maybe the same way the Space Whales survive? Maybe the whales create a type of force field in the process of jumping to hyperspace that also protected Ezra and Thrawn.

J-Wood

Oct 25, 2017
Just finished season 2. Holy fuck, the feels during the Vader Ahsoka fight. The bit of Anakin voice from the clone wars at the end. Kanan being blinded after he told Hera he would "see" her again. No words for how awesome this is.

Sayers

Oct 28, 2017
As good as the back half of this season was, Twilight of the Apprentice is still probably my favorite episode of the series. They fucking nailed it.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Yup, I came around on everyone.
Can't believe even Ezra eventually won me over.

Yeah, same. I've been down on Ezra for basically the whole series, but I finally, finally started to like him over the course of the last few episodes.

He's still far from my favourite character, and I'll always wish the show had used more of its running time on the characters I like more, but 'I actually like him' is such a major step up from where he was at the start of the series that it's still impressive.

Cybersai

Banned
Jan 8, 2018
Ezra was my least favorite character of the main cast, but he was still decent as it progressed.

I guess it's just hard to do another hero boy character with some whinyness without retreading the same ground as Luke and Anakin.

KeyBladerXIII

Dec 5, 2017
As good as the back half of this season was, Twilight of the Apprentice is still probably my favorite episode of the series. They fucking nailed it.

It's definitely the best episode. The last musical montage that plays as we see Vader, Maul, Ahsoka, and the Ghost crew all go their separate ways always gives me chills, especially when Ezra activates the Sith holocron.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
Ezra was my least favorite character of the main cast, but he was still decent as it progressed.

I guess it's just hard to do another hero boy character with some whinyness without retreading the same ground as Luke and Anakin.

I mean, that was kinda the core of my issue, to be honest—though the way they actually handled the character for much of the series' run really didn't help, either. Did Star Wars really need another kinda annoying boy rising from humble beginnings to realise he has special powers and a greater destiny as the core of the story?

I just hope they have some more out there ideas for the lead of the next animated show. Like, my dream is that it'll just be straight-up Ahsoka and Sabine (with the quest to find Ezra forming only part of the the overall story) but, while I suspect they'll play a role, I doubt it'll be so direct.

Deleted member 15227

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Rebels ... Wow what a ride.

Really loving the idea that Sabine and Ahsoka the White teaming up for more adventures.

images

Such a great design.

I was expecting that the show would end with the Ghost and her crew, after the Battle of Scarif, barrelling into the Unknown Regions in search of Ezra. The fact that the epilogue instead encompasses the events just after the Return of the Jedi is a ballsy move and the Captain Rex retcon (?) at the Battle on Endor made me laugh.

This show had really great moments, and has been part of our families regular Sunday morning viewing over breakfast for many many years, and I'm sad that The Clone Wars and Rebels is now finally at an end :(

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017
Ezra and Thrawn just flew across the corner and decided to call it quits, dudes spent the whole war chilling out in Canto Bight.

Khanimus

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Greater Vancouver
Yea, I hated Ezra early on but he's grown to be likeable.
I've been pretty down on Ezra since the start. I have never found him charming, endearing, or in any way cool. Kanan dying funnily enough was what pushed me to empathize with him. His silent farewell to Sabine was genuinely emotional. And his sacrifice, as much as I knew going in that he and Kanan weren't going to survive this show, was genuinely badass.

Oct 25, 2017
latest

Im definitely feeling a bit more sure of Sabine being in the next series,
That seems like a lot of effort put on her new look for such a short scene especially when the hair and scheme were the only noticeable part.
She has an entirely new chestplate there.

I also didn't notice the shoulder emblem was a space whale till seeing this sheet.

Last edited:

Cranster

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, it's obvious that they are setting things up for a sequel series. I hope they hurry up because I feel empty without my weekly Star Wars animated fix.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I hope she pops up in the comics in the interim. Hera is all over the place already.

It would be a shame if they don't explore the ongoing war on Mandalore.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
I couldn't believe it was not Ian McDiarmid voicing Palpatine, but I knew he didn't do it on Rebels so I thought he surely wouldn't do it here either, but then I looked it up and it actually was him.

For the show, it was a decent finale, but I have to admit I didn't like it at all as a whole. I would never recommend this to a non hardcore star wars fan.
I think most of all it failed with the characters. Similar to Clone Wars it was at it's best when characters from the movies were involved, which of course was in clone wars all the time and here almost never.
Thrawn never lived up to his potential.
Hera and Kanan were certainly my favorite original Rebels characters but I hated how long it took them to find each other.
Ezra, Sabine and that troll dude were complete garbage.

Nice Palleon shoutout at the end but where were the ysalamiri???

I hope Filoni never gets a chance to run a star wars show again, complete hack in my opinion.

Moff

Oct 26, 2017
That's terrible news.

Something I forgot to mention, the whole show never built op to anything, it had such a terrible structure. I mean if they somehow built up to this temple situation with such a powerful time traveling/altering device in it. You could have built this up over seasons involving the emperor, vader, even yoda. but then it came out of nowhere. And then they seemingly built up to a death star reveal in the Saw episodes but it turned out to be simply hints and ended up in nothing and had no payoff for the show itself.
Instead there was this permanent focus on Lothal where I had even less emotional investment than the main characters. Goddamn.