• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The thing is that individual Clone Wars episodes aren't really a complete story with a beginning and end, so it feels more awkward to have to wait several weeks to get a complete story arc.

Egg0

Oct 25, 2017
The CG looks a lot better than the last few seasons.

I stopped somewhere around season 2, looks like it's time to catchup.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
Welp, I have one month to watch all of Clone Wars.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
star wars bout to get good again and wash away the bad after taste that was TROS. Bless Filoni 🙏
I've been playing Jedi: Fallen Order, and it's done exactly that for me. I highly recommend it if you haven't already played it. It's like Dark Souls mixed with Metroid Prime mixed with... well, Star Wars. So good.

chezzymann

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
star wars bout to get good again and wash away the bad after taste that was TROS. Bless Filoni 🙏
Not enough, they need to get completely disconnected from the Skywalker saga. It's ended in such a shitty fanfiction way means anything related to it has a bad taste in my mouth now. Gotta do something completely new. It's a big Galaxy they can do it. Worried mandalorian will end up tying into the sequel trilogy eventually...

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
Ashoka and hera are the best star wars characters ever. Fight me

Gravemind IV

Nov 26, 2017
This looks amazing and really holding out for an awesome Maul vs. Ahsoka battle. Seeing as Ray Park did mocap for it, I am betting it will be.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
We knew TCW would overlap with RotS due to Ahsoka escaping Order 66 on Mandalore, but are they actually going to end the series with the Anakin and Obi-Wan duel on Mustafar? I can't see how else this goes if Padme's in her Mustafar outfit...

Maybe the final shot will actually be Vader, Sidious, and Tarkin overlooking the Death Star construction.

If that happens, prequel haters will never have to watch the prequels again lol

Yeah, I think I can manage that. I meant to watch it before Rise of Skywalker, but didn't get around to it.

Never seen the show past season one before, so I'm looking forward to it.

Make sure to use the chronological guide.

www.starwars.com

Star Wars: The Clone Wars Chronological Episode Order | StarWars.com

Lucasfilm presents the official sequential order for the beloved animated series, including all 121 shows and the original feature film.

ZealousD

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
The ideas of the prequels were never the problem; it's the execution. I want a version of the story where Anakin's change into Darth Vader actually makes sense.

Anakin is the poison pill that ruined the prequels. There are so many elements of the prequels that work and that the fanbase has accepted, but everything about Anakin's character (especially in AOTC/ROTS) ruins it all. It's a rotten core that corrupts everything it touches. Clone Wars Anakin is so much better. If this new season of Clone Wars can better sell Anakin's turn to the dark side that would be awesome, although it can't fix everything.

Deleted member 7051

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Clone Wars Anakin is so much better. If this new season of Clone Wars can better sell Anakin's turn to the dark side that would be awesome, although it can't fix everything.

They certainly laid the groundwork with previous seasons, particularly regarding his anger issues, the way he neither trusts the Jedi Council nor really wants to stay in the Order, his belief that the Republic isn't doing enough to end the war...

All we really need is one conversation between Anakin and Ahsoka before he leaves for Coruscant where he reveals just how angry he is now - at the Jedi, at the Republic, at his own weakness - and how he can't decide if he wants this war to end so he can disappear with Padmé and leave it all behind or because there's so much wrong in the galaxy he wants to fix.

Really sell the idea that Anakin is teetering on the edge and without Ahsoka or Obi-Wan there to keep him from falling to the dark side, all it takes is a little push from Palpatine.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to be in the minority and say that I'd be much more excited for this without Ahsoka and Maul

The best moment of the trailer is Padme's holographic hand passing through Anakin's

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
All of these arcs were fully scripted out under Lucas, many in animatic stage, and story boarded out. Filoni is also close to Lucas. So while I'm sure they all were revised in some ways, I wouldn't expect anything that truly retcons RotS, not in anyway that Lucas wouldn't have done himself.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
Watched in tandem with Clone Wars the Prequel Trilogy becomes a hundred times more coherent and watchable.

I'm going to be in the minority and say that I'd be much more excited for this without Ahsoka and Maul

The best moment of the trailer is Padme's holographic hand passing through Anakin's

You must be hopped up on goofballs my dude. Ahsoka (and Captain Rex low key) became the heart of the show. AND the...
final dual between Obi-wan and Maul is one of the best scenes in all of star wars period.]

EDIT: I consider 'Rebels' to be an extension of The Clone Wars enough that they just blend together for me pretty much

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
You must be hopped up on goofballs my dude. Ahsoka (and Captain Rex low key) became the heart of the show. AND the...
final dual between Obi-wan and Maul is one of the best scenes in all of star wars period.]
I think she's been the heart of the series since the beginning, I just can never get over the idea of her character and how Filoni seems to want her to survive into every era. Personally I think that other scene with Maul is overrated too.

It's just insane to me that Ventress was killed offscreen in a book, I would have liked to have seen her end in this season.

Amiablepercy

Banned
Nov 4, 2017
California
I think she's been the heart of the series since the beginning, I just can never get over the idea of her character and how Filoni seems to want her to survive into every era. Personally I think that other scene with Maul is overrated too.

It's just insane to me that Ventress was killed offscreen in a book, I would have liked to have seen her end in this season.

I loved Ventress too and do think she got shortchanged 100%. Her arc was so long and interesting. Hopefully she gets a bit to do in this final season.