• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So ready for this. I wish they were at least dumping arcs at once. It's going to be tough to wait each week for 20 more minutes. Still though, I kind of can't believe it's finally happening.

Still miffed that Son of Dathomir isn't happening though. Disney really could have given this season more episodes considering how many were already in the animatics stage.
All of these arcs were fully scripted out under Lucas, many in animatic stage, and story boarded out. Filoni is also close to Lucas. So while I'm sure they all were revised in some ways, I wouldn't expect anything that truly retcons RotS, not in anyway that Lucas wouldn't have done himself.
The first two arcs of the season were planned for season 7 and were in animatics stage, the final arc was planned for the series finale in season 8 and was only in the planning stages, so anything could happen.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
That's.... Actually the worst stance to have ever. Moving on...

Did they up the animation/quality? This shit looks so damn good.
The final arc is the only true completely new one (the other two were almost complete, just with some unfinished animation), so most of the new season's budget went into that.

FunMouse

Apr 30, 2018
Anyone have that list of episodes to watch for the show? Like the essentials without having to watch every episode. I don't have enough free time to watch every single episode :(

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's just insane to me that Ventress was killed offscreen in a book, I would have liked to have seen her end in this season.
The book is incredible, though, and daresay better than the show could've given us. There's just too much going on and cutting any of it would be disappointing.
The Book was just 8 episodes (two 4 episode arcs) that were planned for season 7 and 8 of this show. It would have basically been the same. They put it into a book because they didn't think they'd ever get more episodes.

Anyone have that list of episodes to watch for the show? Like the essentials without having to watch every episode. I don't have enough free time to watch every single episode :(
fqSCqkb5bQwOcyU1BOl76LXpCwoP1cj1VCqx4FgzuE4.jpg

Watch all highlighted recommended episodes AND the "Honorable Mentions" episodes. Skip the episodes that aren't marked at all. Also I'd recommend skipping the pilot movie, just know Anakin is given an apprentice named Ahsoka (The orange alien girl).

Don't worry about chronological order. Just watch it in the release order using this to skip the not-good stuff. The short answer as to "why" is that it's an anthology series. Every 3-4 episodes is a completely different story with completely different characters. Eventually many of them interweave. Some are sequels to others. Some are prequels to others. That's where the chronological order gets weird, but seriously don't worry about it. It all makes sense if you just watch it this way imo.

Oct 25, 2017

Its more than Rebels had +

Already had time and money put in before it was cancelled,
now D+ put in a higher budget than typical cartoons and they got loads of time for polish.

So the budget is probably still lower than it originally had on Cartoon Network but it probably got way more polish time than it would have been given then.

Mar Tuuk

Oct 31, 2017
It's a shame, since Grievous didn't appear in season 6 either, and didn't get much to do in season 5. I'm hoping he'll at least appear in some way in the finale arc, but I'm not holding my breath.
That would really be a disservice. Is it something with the voice actor?
I wish we'd get those unfinished episodes on the giant Khyber crystal.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It's a shame, since Grievous didn't appear in season 6 either, and didn't get much to do in season 5. I'm hoping he'll at least appear in some way in the finale arc, but I'm not holding my breath.
Fuck, I'd love if this season ended the same way the original CW animated series ended - with us seeing Grievous forcing Palpatine onto a shuttle, and then we see Anakin and Obi-Wan get the call to come back from the Outer Rim to rescue the Chancellor.

I don't think it's going to end that way (based on the trailer it looks as though this season is going INTO Episode 3) but I always really loved that. I always loved Grievous' portrayal in that animated series vs Episode 3 and the new TCW series. He really did come across as scary and as a Jedi killer.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Fuck, I'd love if this season ended the same way the original CW animated series ended - with us seeing Grievous forcing Palpatine onto a shuttle, and then we see Anakin and Obi-Wan get the call to come back from the Outer Rim to rescue the Chancellor.

I don't think it's going to end that way (based on the trailer it looks as though this season is going INTO Episode 3) but I always really loved that. I always loved Grievous' portrayal in that animated series vs Episode 3 and the new TCW series. He really did come across as scary and as a Jedi killer.
The season is going to overlap with ROTS, so I don't know why we wouldn't get the battle of Coruscant.

Izzard

Banned
Sep 21, 2018
Looks so good. Hope it's coming to blu ray too so I can complete my collection. I'm currently watching all previous series' in preperation.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It just happens sometimes that certain characters don't appear for long stretches of time due to not being relevant to a particular arc. Dooku probably won't be in this season either.

If Grievous appears in season 7, it will likely just be some quick scenes during the battle of Coruscant, if we get any protracted scenes set during that battle.

Deleted member 17207

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I'm going to be in the minority and say that I'd be much more excited for this without Ahsoka and Maul

The best moment of the trailer is Padme's holographic hand passing through Anakin's
I don't necessarily agree, but I don't disagree either. I think had we never got Rebels (which I admittedly wasn't a fan of apart from these two characters' arcs) I'd be more hyped to see this conclusion - but since we know both these characters survive and where they end up, the wind is pulled from the sails a little bit. But, I'm still hyped to see where they were during order 66 and all that - that's always been one of the big mysteries from when this show started.

Oct 25, 2017
It's tough for me to care for Grevious as a character after how hard they neutered and retconned him in ROTS. I think it speaks volumes how people still care for him long after his personality was retconned from the original Clone Wars show and how well he was handled there.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
So ready for this. I wish they were at least dumping arcs at once. It's going to be tough to wait each week for 20 more minutes. Still though, I kind of can't believe it's finally happening.

Still miffed that Son of Dathomir isn't happening though. Disney really could have given this season more episodes considering how many were already in the animatics stage.

The first two arcs of the season were planned for season 7 and were in animatics stage, the final arc was planned for the series finale in season 8 and was only in the planning stages, so anything could happen.

Oh yea, I forgot it was planned as 8 seasons. Well we know Filoni stays in contact with Lucas, so I'm sure if there was anythjng he felt unsure of he would ask the man.

And as to more arcs, Disney can still get away with calling this the Final Season, and just create Specials to finish certain stories. A new Clone Wars arc every few years would be great.

GenericGhost

Nov 24, 2017
Loved the Clone Wars but I haven't watched Rebels yet, would it make sense to wait for this season, then move on to Rebels?

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Loved the Clone Wars but I haven't watched Rebels yet, would it make sense to wait for this season, then move on to Rebels?

You can do either. Rebels will feature some discussion of events happening in these final episodes, but nothing that hinders your enjoyment of either show.

Also, it's possible that Filoni will throw some kind of curveball and end the show with a post-Rebels flashforward or something, based on the assumption that the audience has seen Rebels and is now coming back for TCW season 7. But we don't know.

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It's tough for me to care for Grevious as a character after how hard they neutered and retconned him in ROTS. I think it speaks volumes how people still care for him long after his personality was retconned from the original Clone Wars show and how well he was handled there.
an animated Son of Dathomir would help Grievous out a lot

Droidian

One Winged Slayer
Avenger
Dec 28, 2017
Holy hot diggity dang this looks amazing.

I've been trying to get through Rebels but I can pause for this next month.
Inject me with some OG content please.

Also I hope this isnt a spoiler but doesnt Maul die later?

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
The trailer was amazing, I've waited years for this season to come out and I can't wait.

Got any links for this? Rebels left off on a fairly good place really.
I think the rumour is that it's going to be a new series, rather than a final season of Rebels, but it will nonetheless star Ahsoka and Sabine and revolve around the quest to find Ezra, with Ezra and Thrawn serving as supporting characters. The source is a post on the StarWarsLeaks subreddit, if I remember right.

Deleted member 17207

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I think the rumour is that it's going to be a new series, rather than a final season of Rebels, but it will nonetheless star Ahsoka and Sabine and revolve around the quest to find Ezra, with Ezra and Thrawn serving as supporting characters. The source is a post on the StarWarsLeaks subreddit, if I remember right.
God, I hope not.

I want them to have the creative freedom to do things without having to dance around the Skywalker Saga all the time (I don't want to be asking the question - "Where was Ashoka during the OT?").

I also hate Ezra as a character lol.

Give me "The Adventures of Rey " (post TROS) or some Old/"High" Republic animated stuff.

Oct 25, 2017
Arizona

For sure. As it turns out, the D+ content budget finally beat out "George Lucas pocket change" in giving us the best looking TV animation to date, haha.

I hope the next animated series is also D+, so we're not stuck with Disney XD budget instead.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
God, I hope not.

I want them to have the creative freedom to do things without having to dance around the Skywalker Saga all the time (I don't want to be asking the question - "Where was Ashoka during the OT?").

Give me "The Adventures of Rey " (post TROS) or some Old/"High" Republic animated stuff.

Well the show would be set after the OT and before the ST.

Also not following up on that plot thread would be a really dumb decision.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
God, I hope not.

Ezra was never my favourite Rebels character, but he really grew on me towards the end, and Ahsoka and Sabine are my absolute favourites so I'm really happy about the idea of a series starring them. It'd be set years after the OT anyways, following on from Rebels' post-ROTJ finale. Ahsoka's long since been confirmed to have survived past the OT:

Questions like that have never really bothered me, honestly.

Deleted member 17207

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Well the show would be set after the OT and before the ST.

Also not following up on that plot thread would be a really dumb decision.

Ezra was never my favourite Rebels character, but he really grew on me towards the end, and Ahsoka and Sabine are my absolute favourites so I'm really happy about the idea of a series starring them. It'd be set years after the OT anyways, following on from Rebels' post-ROTJ finale. Ahsoka's long since been confirmed to have survived past the OT.

IMO, as much as I enjoyed the Ashoka vs Vader confrontation and her as a character, from my point of view they just haven't had the courage to have that character die. Ashoka should've died at the end of TCW in Order 66 to function as our emotional link to that whole thing. It would've been a strong end to the show, and a strong end for her character. I think having her survive into the OT raises way too many questions and really, they just don't want to kill her off.

Next thing you know she'll be jumping into the world between worlds or whatever (really stupid) and going back in time to the High Republic era so Dave Filoni can keep using her in the new content that's supposedly coming lol.

Breqesk

Oct 28, 2017
IMO, as much as I enjoyed the Ashoka vs Vader confrontation and her as a character, from my point of view they just haven't had the courage to have that character die. Ashoka should've died at the end of TCW in Order 66 to function as our emotional link to that whole thing. It would've been a strong end to the show, and a strong end for her character. I think having her survive into the OT raises way too many questions and really, they just don't want to kill her off.

Next thing you know she'll be jumping into the world between worlds or whatever (really stupid) and going back in time to the High Republic era so Dave Filoni can keep using her in the new content that's supposedly coming lol.
I really don't agree--I think there are still plenty of interesting stories to tell with her character, and I'm very glad they didn't simply kill her off at the end of the Clone Wars, or in her duel with Vader. I don't think either idea holds as much power as some people believe, and they're both very obvious in a way that would've made her death feel obligatory moreso than meaningful. I feel similarly about killing her off simply to avoid 'raising questions'--particularly when those questions can have much more interesting answers than 'she died'.

Also, I love the world between worlds, both as a concept and a set of episodes.

Deleted member 17207

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I really don't agree--I think there are still plenty of interesting stories to tell with her character, and I'm very glad they didn't simply kill her off at the end of the Clone Wars, or in her duel with Vader. I don't think either idea holds as much power as some people believe, and they're both very obvious in a way that would've made her death feel obligatory moreso than meaningful.

Also I love the world between worlds, both as a concept and a set of episodes.
I think we just fundamentally disagree on these things then, and hey - that's totally okay.

We can certainly agree that Season 7 of TCW looks fucking awesome, I'm sure!

SlumberingGiant

alt account
Banned
Jul 2, 2019

There's no reason to kill off an interesting character just for shock value. having her confront the fact of Anakin's fall was fantastic and much more dramatically interesting than just having her be dead