• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 17207

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
What other purpose could it have served other than repeating the same dramatic beat of revenge of the sith?
IMO it would've improved that dramatic beat from Revenge of the Sith, that's really why I wanted to see it. In Revenge of the Sith, every Jedi we really care about survives Order 66 - the others are sort of nameless Jedi (not accounting for the fact it means more for the fans who are willing to dive into non-movie content). While it's definitely sad, there's no one who dies there who we really cared about. Apart from Ki-Adi, I don't think any of the Jedi we see even had lines across any of the prequels.

Having that be the end of Ashoka's arc would've done a few things. It would've allowed us to see a more personal perspective of Order 66, since by the end of TCW, we've gotten to know the Clones (particularly the ones Ashoka hangs around with), and we've really come to love Ashoka as a character. We could've seen how these Clones reacted to having to do this, you know? It happens so fast in ROS that we don't see the Clones question it at all, whereas if it was explored in TCW, we could've had a scene where guys like Rex really struggle with having to do it, what it means for the Republic, what it means in terms of being a soldier, having to kill a friend, etc.

And while I know a lot of people here disagree with me on this, I do think having her survive into the OT timeline raises too many questions, even if they can be answered within the lore. So much of the OT had to be sort of walked back or explained because GL didn't really plan super well when he did the prequels, so why add more? I don't like watching ROTJ and hearing Yoda say "when gone I am, the last of the jedi you will be" - only to know in the back of my mind that Ashoka, a way better trained Jedi who could've helped Luke, helped the alliance etc., is out there doing...whatever she's out there doing.

To me it just would've been a great way to have Order 66 hit home more, and it would've been a tidy way to finish up her arc - since we were already under the assumption that all of the Jedi apart from very few of them died in Order 66. The more content they release about new Jedi surviving Order 66, the more it starts to feel like the order only killed like..half of the Jedi in the galaxy, which in turn takes away from Palpatine's master plan, in a way.

Again, I absolutely loved having her confront Vader, and that particular scene is probably one of the coolest things in all of Star Wars - having someone who knew Anakin super well confront him about being Vader, etc. But still, I think it comes at too high a cost.

ryseing

Bought courtside tickets just to read a book.
Oct 25, 2017
For lovers
I don't like watching ROTJ and hearing Yoda say "when gone I am, the last of the jedi you will be" - only to know in the back of my mind that Ashoka, a way better trained Jedi who could've helped Luke, helped the alliance etc., is out there doing...whatever she's out there doing.

Ahsoka isn't a Jedi though, and she's in the Unknown Regions during the OT. It isn't that big of a retcon.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The season is going to overlap with ROTS, so I don't know why we wouldn't get the battle of Coruscant.
Not so sure. I mean I would love it, and it would be cool, but I feel like anything we see that is concurrent with ROTS will be from Ahsoka's POV on Mandalore, leaving the battle of Coruscant to what we saw in the movie. I hope I'm wrong though.
Oh yea, I forgot it was planned as 8 seasons. Well we know Filoni stays in contact with Lucas, so I'm sure if there was anythjng he felt unsure of he would ask the man.

And as to more arcs, Disney can still get away with calling this the Final Season, and just create Specials to finish certain stories. A new Clone Wars arc every few years would be great.
Very skeptical. But again, would love to see it. We know for a fact there were 3 more arcs (another 12 episodes) that were near-complete in the animatics stage, including voice work -- Crystal Crisis on Utapau and Son of Dathomir (both planned for season 6) and the Cad Bane/Boba Fett Arc (planned for season 7). I would love to see all 12 finished just like how we're getting Bad Batch and Ahsoka's walkabout this season (both of which were in the same near-finished animatics stage). I just kind of doubt they'll do it after they do Siege of Mandalore. But we'll see.
Kinda hoping for the same thing.

Just remake ROTS into season 8 and the prequels will have fully been redeemed.
I don't think it's going to happen, but ironically ROTS is already kinda structured like ~20 minute Clone Wars episodes: Battle of Coruscant, Obi-Wan on Utapau, Palpatine unveils himself and activates Order 66, Anakin vs Obi-Wan/Yoda vs Palpatine. It really could be done as a 4 ep arc on its own.

Deleted member 17207

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ahsoka isn't a Jedi though, and she's in the Unknown Regions during the OT. It isn't that big of a retcon.
That's not really a good enough explanation for me (not YOUR explanation, just that one in terms of how they've explained it).

And it is to me - it takes away from Luke's significance. Fuck it though, the entire ST has done that since lol (as much as I enjoyed it).

As a sidebar to the other conversation in this thread: Fuck, I've always thought having them just straight up animate ROTS and have the characters be more like their TCW counterparts would be SUPER dope. Have it be another TCW movie to finish off the series, and just call it "The Clone Wars: Revenge of the Sith" - based on how much GL was involved in TCW, I'm sure he'd be cool with it! (who knows though).

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
Very skeptical. But again, would love to see it. We know for a fact there were 3 more arcs (another 12 episodes) that were near-complete in the animatics stage, including voice work -- Crystal Crisis on Utapau and Son of Dathomir (both planned for season 6) and the Cad Bane/Boba Fett Arc (planned for season 7). I would love to see all 12 finished just like how we're getting Bad Batch and Ahsoka's walkabout this season (both of which were in the same near-finished animatics stage). I just kind of doubt they'll do it after they do Siege of Mandalore. But we'll see.

Yea it's clear Filoni feels like it's done, but we all felt like it was over after Season 6 was released. Fan campaigns proved there was still interest. If the fans still want more, start a new campaign.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
As a sidebar to the other conversation in this thread: Fuck, I've always thought having them just straight up animate ROTS and have the characters be more like their TCW counterparts would be SUPER dope.

I'm not really interested in this, but I would
love if they used the deleted scenes from RotS, such as Padme essentially starting the Rebellion, and animated those.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
Not so sure. I mean I would love it, and it would be cool, but I feel like anything we see that is concurrent with ROTS will be from Ahsoka's POV on Mandalore, leaving the battle of Coruscant to what we saw in the movie. I hope I'm wrong though.
We see Anakin talking to hologram pregnant Padme in Mustafar clothes, so it definitely won't be just Ahsoka's perspective.

Deleted member 17207

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
No, it's something we really should have seen in RotS.
Yeah. For all the talk about how he's the most powerful Jedi, chosen one, etc. - they never really display that in the movies.

It's a big part of the reason I love the fight between him and Barriss in TCW - when he's ready to end the fight, he ends it with brutality and ease.

Hellwarden

Oct 25, 2017
It's a shame this is gonna be the last season, because I would have loved to see Son of Dathomir animated.

Star-Lord

Oct 25, 2017
So when are we going to get the darth maul show or animated show? Like we saw him in Solo and I wanna know how that happens!

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yea it's clear Filoni feels like it's done, but we all felt like it was over after Season 6 was released. Fan campaigns proved there was still interest. If the fans still want more, start a new campaign.
I don't put a lot of stock in fan campaigns. Yes fans showed that there was still demand for Clone Wars, but Netflix viewing numbers and merchandise sales probably had more to do with it than any sort of campaign. Either way, I think Filoni will just move on to the new post-Rebels Ahsoka show after this. Maybe if we're extremely lucky we'll get the full animatics of the two unreleased arcs (like we already got Crystal Crisis) at some future con. I dunno about anything else.
We see Anakin talking to hologram pregnant Padme in Mustafar clothes, so it definitely won't be just Ahsoka's perspective.
Perhaps, I guess we'll see. I just expect whatever duplication of ROTS to exist here to be pretty minimal.
So when are we going to get the darth maul show or animated show? Like we saw him in Solo and I wanna know how that happens!
It's clear they planned for more movies around and after Solo, but that plan is scrapped now. Maybe a Disney+ series down the line.

It's kind of annoying we already know what happens to Rex, Ahsoka, and Maul.
Not really. We know they all live past this, but we don't know how. We don't know the circumstances. The story of what exactly happened is still compelling.

Ambient80

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
This trailer made me more hyped for something Star Wars related than all of the trailers for the sequel trilogy, outside of the first TFA trailer. Lol

DixieDean82

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Good to see people are still unable to be hyped for something without consistent digs at the stuff they don't like. Never change SW threads.

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
I just got around to seeing this trailer and it looks amazing. Happy that the team is going to be able to finish this.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
My wife asked me last night how many episodes we'd have to watch a day to re-watch everything before the new episodes start dropping, and I told her too many haha. But we may re-watch on of the "essential guides" in order to make it more manageable.

Fuzzy

Completely non-threatening
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Toronto
My wife asked me last night how many episodes we'd have to watch a day to re-watch everything before the new episodes start dropping, and I told her too many haha. But we may re-watch on of the "essential guides" in order to make it more manageable.
4 episodes per day is like a movie per day. Totally doable, especially if you watch more on the weekends so you can watch less during the week. 🙂

ILikeFeet

DF Deet Master
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
shame they also won't finish the Utapau episodes as well. gunslinger Anakin was fun

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
Seriously. It also had that great Anakin/Obi-Wan conversation about Ahsoka.
Yeah that conversation alone is the reason why I'm so hyped about the Kenobi show. The dude had so much faith in Anakin even when the writing was on the wall. It will be interesting to see how he copes with the fact that Anakin became a "disappointment".

Annatar86

Banned
Jan 16, 2018
It looks awesome! I won't lie, I was hoping the trailer would end with "Execute Order 66" but I guess they still don't want to overlap with EP3 which is fine.

TDLink

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
It looks awesome! I won't lie, I was hoping the trailer would end with "Execute Order 66" but I guess they still don't want to overlap with EP3 which is fine.
Oh, it's definitely going to happen in this season. They just don't want to spoil it. The plan has always been to show Order 66 from Ahsoka's view before the end of this.