• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Quick

Oct 25, 2017
A6q5lNx.png

n1fE9BT.png

OrWZpbd.png

yslX5rX.png

7aECADx.png

Yz2svbB.png

x7pJjFF.png

Welcome to the Star Wars: The Last Jedi Official Thread on Reset Era. The Rian Johnson era is upon us.

The movie is out worldwide next week on Thursday, with screenings happening throughout the week. Movie details have leaked and will continue to be released on the internet leading up to the movie's official release.

This thread will contain unmarked spoilers, so please consider this your last warning should you decide to move forward.

Additional information will be added as it becomes available.

Reviews:
Rotten Tomatoes: TBA | Metacritic: TBA

Links:
Official Star Wars Website
Star Wars YouTube Channel
Star Wars: The Last Jedi Premiere & Impressions Tonight (NO SPOILER TALK)
Star Wars: The Last Jedi - Official Soundtrack |OST| Music composed and conducted by John Williams

Special Thanks:
Star Wars Reset Era Community

Last edited:

Bronx-Man

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Snoke is Palpatine reborn
Luke dies
Rey gets a train ran on her by Finn and Poe while Kylo dejectedly beats his dick in a corner

luca

Oct 25, 2017
May the force be with us!

Got tickets for the 13th and 15th!

[edit] Oh shit, unmarked spoilers. I'm out!

Brinbe

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Terana
This thread will be guaranteed to provide more entertainment than the movie.

Anyway, got my tix ready for Thursday. CAN'T WAIT FOR THE FUCKERY

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
And here it is..

I'm so pumped for this one. Possibly even more than I was for The Force Awakens.

Farsi

User banned at own request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Amazing OT.

boy oh boy those rumored spoilers got me heated. I really hope they're not true.

BarryAllen

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
So was the shit about Snoke body jumping real and rey just being basically a person with the force gene ala xmen or whatever and snoke controls an entire police force

Crackhead_Bob

Banned
Nov 1, 2017
Here's a question I've been pondering since Force Awakens. Are Chewbacca, R2D2 and C3P0 transitionary characters, or are they indefinite because they're not human? Based on the heavy marketing on BB8 in TFA, you'd almost get the sense that he was being groomed as a replacement for R2D2. Also, his unusual shape has the potential to stage interesting action pieces in a way that is more tenable than an R2D2.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
Man, it's going to be interesting to see what of the spoilers from different people/sites ends up being true. Some sound good. Other ones....whew.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
I'm pretty disappointed that I haven't been able to get spoiled by this yet. What the fuck modern world? Leak that shit! I think its pretty fun to read up on a movie like this before seeing it.

sphagnum

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm pretty disappointed that I haven't been able to get spoiled by this yet. What the fuck modern world? Leak that shit! I think its pretty fun to read up on a movie like this before seeing it.

There's a thread in Hangouts, we've been talking about a potential leak all day.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Has it been confirmed if Luke actually goes Force Ghost at the end or does he just keel over

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
All right, cool. Asked because, as you both have said, there's a bunch of questionable leaks out there, so I wanted to poll the room.

We'll obviously know for sure once Manabyte posts his impressions tomorrow.

LegalEagleMike

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Even if the leaks are true at least Manabyte will be able to provide some actual context. That Pawn guy types the bare minimum for his responses.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
All right, cool. Asked because, as you both have said, there's a bunch of questionable leaks out there, so I wanted to poll the room.

We'll obviously know for sure once Manabyte posts his impressions tomorrow.

I think the main leaks/spoilers from that one guy on that one forum seem pretty legit. Nothing super crazy and seems like the direction they would go for the kind of movies they are interested in making.

Chuck Noblet

Oct 27, 2017
If the force projection thing is true it will be interesting to see the context. I sorta like the idea of it, but I could see that potentially losing some people.

Biske

Nov 11, 2017
Why are you being so cryptic?

Partly cause I was actually to lazy to get his name and forum right, and its more fun. Also people seem to be spoiler tagging things here in the unmarked spoilers thread, so I have no real idea what the expectations are for talking spoilers.

The plot as he tells it is is right in line with the marvel/disney "nothing too crazy, nothing too deep and fun" style of movie making, so I find it highly likely that he's telling it straight.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
Partly cause I was actually to lazy to get his name and forum right, and its more fun. Also people seem to be spoiler tagging things here in the unmarked spoilers thread, so I have no real idea what the expectations are for talking spoilers.

The plot as he tells it is is right in line with the marvel/disney "nothing too crazy, nothing too deep and fun" style of movie making, so I find it highly likely that he's telling it straight.
Hmm, now I'm curious if any of the spoilers line up with what he is saying because nothing too crazy is crazy if any of those big spoilers are true.

Cystm

We're going on the 16th. No 3d this time.

I'm looking forward to this for a lot of obvious reasons, but finding out what the hell they are doing with Finn is what I'm most concerned with.

Rey and Kylo can become one with the force.

I've been spoiler free (Sans the OP) and will be back here again once I've seen it.

Timu

Oct 25, 2017
You guys are lucky if you get to see it this week, I have to see it on the 17th!

Fj0823

Legendary Duelist
Oct 25, 2017
Costa Rica
I for one can't wait to see all the artificial mystery and cryptic shit JJ Abrams stuffed in TFA having zero importance

GatsGatsby

Oct 27, 2017
West Columbia, SC
I'm going at 7 on Thursday by myself. I might see The Disaster Artist beforehand.

This is my plan I don't mess with the traffic around my theater at 4:00 and later especially a week before Christmas. My showing is at 6 so I figure I can catch a Disaster Artist screening at 2:30 walk to a near by resturant eat an early dinner then walk back to the theater and chill before my screening.

Status
Not open for further replies.