• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
From reports over the last few months, it's clear that a fair amount of moments planned for Star Wars: The Rise Of Skywalker ended up on the cutting room floor. When the Blu-ray arrives, we still won't be seeing them – the two-disc home release is packed with special features but doesn't feature any cut material. However, it sounds like some of that additional 'footage' will see the light of day in comic book form, thanks to the upcoming Marvel miniseries adaptation of Episode IX.

Speaking to StarWars.com, the series' writer Jody Houser was asked about the 'extended and deleted scenes not in the film' that will be part of the comic book run. "I think one of the great things about adaptations in other mediums is you do get the chance to build out elements of the story there may not have been time or a place for on the screen," she says. "Giving light to new scenes gives the creators in these other mediums a chance to add to the story, rather than just translating it for the page." Houser didn't offer any specific examples, but added: "I think I'm more excited about some of the new things we're adding, including expanding moments from the movie with elements we didn't get to see on screen. Which is vague, but spoilers!"

More at: https://www.empireonline.com/movies/news/star-wars-rise-skywalker-deleted-scenes-comic-book/

Cut if old

Dazraell

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Poland
Novel has new scenes as well. Apparently there is a lot of new material in them. There are some leaked exceprts on Reddit already.

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
I loved ROS but the way Disney has refused to flesh out the film on home video is sort of absurd.