• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
  • As part of his contingency, Palpatine prepared a clone before being yeeted down the shaft as he sensed the flicker of light within Vader. Before his body hit the ground he had learned to project his essence into one of the Clones. This was an imperfect clone. Palpatines son (Rey's father) is also a clone. The son is one of the clone projects of Palpatine, because they kept trying to make a body for Palps to contain his power. The son is a perfect bodied clone. Palpatine hated the son for being a failure as he had no Force abilities. Palpatine wanted Rey because she was... naturally conceived?

Source: https://old.reddit.com/r/StarWarsLe...s_podcast_discusses_tros_novel_spoilers_host/

Loock if old

---
EDIT:

Last edited:

Kinthey

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
So it's like Palpatine is her direct father. This is getting worse and worse

Zache

Unshakable Resolve
The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So Palpatine was actually her genetic father. Great.

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Palps didn't fuck oh my god I feel so much better now knowing nobody did the do with him

talkingood

Oct 27, 2017
What? So ...her father is actually a clone of Palpatine, who was a perfect clone, but somehow didn't have force powers? Why would a perfect clone of Palpatine have no force powers? And then Rey does? What, the genetic force feature just skipped a generation?

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
3NlJZEL.gif

Aly

Oct 27, 2017
Wut. How do you actually make the situation worse. Now instead of at least being his grand daughter there is an even more direct relation.

Tengrave

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
I honestly thought they were just going to do a "She was adopted so technically she is and isn't a Palpatine, so everybody wins." I didn't see this coming. Wow. The end of the Skywalker Saga is bizarre.

talkingood

Oct 27, 2017
Kylo interrogates Chewie when he's taken captive. Kylo goes into Chewie's mind and Chewie is throwing memories at him. Han and Chewie when they're young, Han and Leia cuddling baby Ben, target practice with blaster, Ben used to call him "Uncle Chewie".
lmao

Surakian

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Okay my question is why didn't Palpatine possess his clone's body? Even though he didn't have the Force, the Force can clearly be transferred between bodies.

jph139

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
I haven't seen TROS, don't really intend to, and pretty much tuned out on the actual details of the plot. So everything I know about the movie essentially comes from thread titles on this forum.

And every one I read sounds like an auto-generated parody thread. Like, the story of this movie seems absolutely bonkers.

Heshinsi

Oct 25, 2017
So if the body that he is in is a clone, why does it look so fucked up? I can't imagine that they would clone the lightning damage as some sort of a perk, not to mention the hand been all mangled up.

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
What? So ...her father is actually a clone of Palpatine, who was a perfect clone, but somehow didn't have force powers? Why would a perfect clone of Palpatine have no force powers?

Force comes from the midi-chlorians, who are distinct living beings than the host living being (i.e. they have their own genome).

And then Rey does? What, the genetic force feature just skipped a generation?

Rey only has 50% Palpatine genes. The other 50% comes from Jodie Comer.

Baccus

Banned
Dec 4, 2018
I like how reading that you think they got the explanation right then the end is just as nonsensical as it really is.

Damn Disney you blew it.

The Silver

Oct 28, 2017
The guy in the movie looks nothing like a young Sheev.

Sheev fucked and no one will tell me any differently.

Meows

Oct 28, 2017
This is really bad.. there goes any desire I had in a a potential Jodie Comer series.

Lionel Mandrake

Prophetic Lionel Mandrake
Oct 26, 2017
This sucks because the most fun I had with RoS is my friends and I imitating Palpatine and improv-ing sex scenes afterwards.

Way to kill the magic.

Trisc

Oct 27, 2017
I would have rather had Luuke than this garbage. Jesus Christ, what a trainwreck.

Ragnorok64

Banned
Nov 6, 2017
The Expanded Universe died for this? We get clone Palpatine all over again but worse, you get worse versions of all the charcters, and all the great original characters just never exist.

thewienke

Oct 25, 2017
I'm probably one of the few that really liked TROS but I'll admit the story wasn't super strong.

This novelization is somehow turning out to be worse than the movie.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I don't think anyone who saw The Force Awakens back in 2015 imagined this was how it was all going to end.