• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

obin_gam

Oct 25, 2017
Sollefteå, Sweden
FInally soon over thank god!
When all the Episodes are done, creators can finally get going on creating an extensive EU again without the border wall of "wait until the next episode" controlling the paradigm.

Browser

Apr 13, 2019
I will miss the best character of them all... the crawl in the beginning. I hope it makes it.

Vampirolol

Dec 13, 2017
Can't wait for the 18th, my seat is waiting! I love the sequel trilogy, the characters and I trust JJ to make a Star Wars movie. Though this doesn't feel like a ROTJ situation, where the third movie had to close the circle, I want to see where it goes.

Crimsonskies

Alt account
Banned
Nov 1, 2019
Just a heads up to all Americans here in Europe the Rise of Skywalker will have midnight releases on december 18th, which means 4pm PST time on the 17th avoid certain sites and especially twitter since spoilers will most likely start to trickle in by 7pm.

CloudWolf

Oct 26, 2017
I'm seeing it on the 18th (woo, superior European release dates!), but with muted hype. Mostly just interested in what will happen, but I have almost zero confidence in JJ Abrams and Terrio delivering something I'll actually like.

I strongly disliked The Force Awakens and think Terrio is an awful writer (yes, I know he won the Oscar for Argo and I still don't understand why).

That said, I hope I'll be happily surprised.

JoelStinty

Aug 15, 2019
Seeing it on the Saturday afternoon. So no internet on Friday, which will be fairly easy as im at work all day.

Just picked up the latest issue of empire so reading through the Star Wars bits now.

really looking forward to it. I actually really like the new films, whilst I liked SW as a kid I was more of a Trekkie, but the new films have made me a bit nerdy regarding SW. Seeing the splendour of Star Wars on the silver screen using modern techniques and simple old school but amazing cinematography really is something

Beef Supreme

Oct 25, 2017
I hope this is good. Although I will admit that all of this fan service have my expectations pretty low right now. I have the 6:30 showing on the 19th and the noon showing on that following Saturday. And yes, I always watch a Star Wars film twice in the theater regardless of my opinion. It took me watching The Phantom Menace 3 times to realize my fears that the movie did indeed suck.

skipgo

Dec 28, 2018
Just had a sudden realization my tickets are for next week.
I barely have time to rewatch all the movies...

PeskyToaster

Oct 27, 2017
What a fucking fantastic interview. There's something really compelling about the way George talks in interviews—like, there's a simplicity to what he's saying that makes understanding him very easy and yet I don't feel the simplicity hurts his ability to convey meaningful thoughts.

I'm not sure I'm making any sense, but I've read a ton of his interviews and he's always strikingly clear in a very simple way.

There's so many interesting bits to pick out too.

What I want to do is direct the last sequel. I could do the first one and the last one and let everyone else do the ones in between.
It wouldn't bother you to have someone else do the ones in between?
No, it would be interesting. I would want to try and get some good directors, and see what their interpretation of the theme is. I think it will be interesting, it is like taking a theme in film school, say, okay, everybody do their interpretation of this theme. It's an interesting idea to see how people interpret the genre. It is a fun genre to play with. All the prototype stuff is done now. Nobody has to worry about what a Wookiee is and what it does and how it reacts. Wookies are there, the people are there, the environment is there, the empire is there… everything is there. And now people will start building on it. I've put up the concrete slab of the walls and now everybody can have fun drawing the pictures and putting on the little gargoyles and doing all the really fun stuff. And it's a competition. I'm hoping if I get friends of mine they will want to do a much better film, like, "I'll show George that I can do a film twice that good," and I think they can, but then I want to do the last one, so I can do one twice as good as everybody else.

UnknownSpirit

Oct 25, 2017
I have 3 tickets for the 6PM showing on Thursday.

it's the first time I've done this. I usually wait till the weekend or the Friday. I'm excited to be in a sold out showing for the last time, with a bunch of excited Star Wars fans.

My hype is slowly building.

Solo

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
In a sense, the movie doesnt even actually have to come out to know how this thread is going to play out. There's about two or three narratives that will be prevalent from day one to OT4.

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
ELaMQKoU4AA9dYw

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Anything involving sound and visual effects has been a lock for Star Wars for the past few years

Osahi

Oct 27, 2017
Have my tickets ready for the first showing (9:30 CET) the 18th. Can't wait. I've watched the whole Saga again in anticipation (it was almost 10 years ago for the prequels) and I'm pumped.

Deleted member 49611

Nov 14, 2018
i'm going to see it on the 20th. can't believe it's almost over. i'm gonna need to avoid the spoilers some how for a couple days.

i'm only gonna be watching TFA/TLJ in preparation. can't bring myself to watch the prequels again. i like the og trilogy but don't really feel up to watching it any time soon.

Deleted member 41178

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 18, 2018
Getting pretty excited now, going to the triple bill starting at 6pm(UK) on the 17th with TROS starting shortly after midnight on the 18th!

Mcfrank

Oct 28, 2017
This thread has gone surprisingly well so far. I have tickets for the night of the 19th, but looking like I am going to have to work that night and all the good seats are taken for the 20th. Need to figure something out.

SunBroDave

Oct 25, 2017
Hard to believe it's only 10 days away. Still wondering if it's gonna be an Endgame-level ending or a GoT-level ending. If it's the latter, at least I can drown my sorrows in The Witcher all weekend

OP
OP
MMarston

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Friendly reminder that most of the reference books for this movie also come out on December 20. If it's anything like the last two, the concept art book is definitely one of the bigger ones to look forward to.

Some screens of TFA and TLJ concept art.

9781419717802.IN02.jpg

maxresdefault.jpg

unused-concept-art-star-wars-the-force-awakens-15.jpg

yx53bimCgtd5UbSyMUcvgj.jpg

art-of-star-wars-the-last-jedi-luke-skywalker-kira-training-1067830.jpeg

Also, fun fact: TROS seems to have used some imagery that was already featured in the TFA art book several years ago but never made it past the concept stage.

Nov 11, 2017
I have 3 tickets for the 6PM showing on Thursday.

it's the first time I've done this. I usually wait till the weekend or the Friday. I'm excited to be in a sold out showing for the last time, with a bunch of excited Star Wars fans.

My hype is slowly building.
I saw TFA/TLJ twice in theaters- once early at a crew screening and then on opening night with the fans. Opening night with fans was always the better experience!

janusff

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Austin, TX
oh man oh man

phenomenal OT MMarston thanks for the hard work

gonna bounce outa this thread before i read "predictions" from some chucklefuck but i'll see y'all on the other side

586632891434401909.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.