• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
LptpiBE.jpg

Bf8CPBf.jpg

azerXTk.jpg

h4JDtyD.jpg

OBYDCM4.jpg

m9lVoA9.jpg

7ngnbEr.jpg

sizrYcn.jpg

qercF2g.jpg

ncEmxcR.png

CLICK HERE FOR TV SPOTS AND OTHER VIDEOS

5JEMxk2.png

Good evening, everyone. We are one week out from the red carpet premiere and eventually wide release of the final entry of the Skywalker saga. And since over recent weeks many of you have enjoyed making tons of threads about this apparently dead franchise - from revisiting everyone's favorite 8th movie entry, to the always welcome Sheev thread - I figured I might as well get this over with.

Anyway, in the lead up to film, please feel free to use this thread to discuss your hype, the various special events that will happen before release day (*cough* Fortnite *cough*), your found memories of the franchise from years past, new or related videos/marketing material, early reviews, and of course... your spitting, spicy, fiery ass takes about the multiple times this franchise has been killed throughout the last 40 years. Of course, please use your common sense and decency to keep everything as civil and respectable as possible.

NOTABLE DATES COMING

December 14 - Fortnite Risky Reel scene premiere

December 16 - Hollywood Premiere + red carpet livestream + social media impressions

December 17 - Star Wars Battlefront II Update featuring TROS content

December 18 - Review embargo presumably lifts by this point

December 19 - Opening night preview screenings

December 20 - Movie releases wide. Internet expected to fall into chaos. God have mercy on you all.

IMPORTANT SPOILER POLICY REMINDER

Now in case the big 1920x540 notice in the OP was not enough for you or the blatant warning on the thread title, there will be no spoiler/leak discussion in this thread whatsoever - not even tagged spoilers or your whacky attempt to veil them as speculation or dancing around the topic. If you want to discuss any of that stuff, please go to this thread instead or use your PMs with other interested folk. So please, please, please be considerate to your fellow Era members who do not usually regular the community threads.

That said, I will also remind everyone else that this thread will effectively become a spoiler thread on DECEMBER 21, just so we can streamline discussion. Once that date hits, all bets will be off.

And with all that said and done,

original.gif

Last edited:

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
This is incredible. A thread worthy of this epic finale to the greatest blockbuster film saga. Amazing.

I fucking love Star Wars.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
There is nothing more exciting in cinema than a new Skywalker Saga Star Wars movie. Nothing compares to the anticipation to a new entry in the Skywalker Saga. Still hard accepting it's all over.

I am going to try to enjoy this last week, not sure I will ever have this level of hype for a movie again.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
So how long until someone breaks the no spoiler rule because they don't care about the movie?

Yams

Oct 25, 2017
Seeing it on the 20th with my son. This is going to hurt. It's our first Star Wars without my father around. He introduced me and my kid to the series.

Frostinferno

Oct 25, 2017
Welp, it's almost time. This is gonna be one helluva thread to revisit over the next few months.

Really hope JJ pulls off a miracle and wraps up this trilogy nicely.

Lump

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Getting on that hype train by riding Rise of the Resistance early next week.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I can't wait for this trilogy to be over. Sweet release is so close to being here.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
If you aren't hyped like a kid on Christmas Eve for seeing this handsome fucker one final time in Star Wars you aren't human:
ros_349053723493842934.jpg

TheXbox

Prophet of Truth
Oct 29, 2017
Slick thread. I can't believe we're less than two weeks away. It doesn't feel very long ago that Disney announced three new Star Wars episodes. I couldn't fucking believe it. Part of me still doesn't. It actually happened...

Bor Gullet

Oct 27, 2017
Slick thread. I can't believe we're less than two weeks away. It doesn't feel very long ago that Disney announced three new Star Wars episodes. I couldn't fucking believe it. Part of me still doesn't. It actually happened...

A part of me wishes there was a 3 year gap between each ST film, like the OT and PT.

The build-up would be greater.

Oct 27, 2017
Bandung Indonesia
Ultimately, my satisfaction or my disappointment will mostly be decided on how they treat Finn.

Let see how it goes.

Though I am rather worried because my not confident side is much higher than my confident side now.

Jedi2016

Oct 27, 2017
A bit early isn't it? I'll probably have to keep my distance until the 22nd (not seeing it until then).

DavidDesu

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Glasgow, Scotland
I have muted hype. And I loved the last two films overall. I'm off work from this Thursday up until Xmas day and I'm so pumped for my pre Xmas break. This will be cherry on top and I just hope it is good. At the absolute least it's going to be ana adventure with amazing visuals and what look like utterly epic lightsaber battles (very hyped with how that played out in TFA and JJ is back again). I really hope it does justice to Star Wars as a whole. If it does I'll be seeing it several more times in the cinema before the run ends. I hope they knock or out of the park.

Cross-Section

Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully, I can continue my premiere day tradition of listening to the entire soundtrack before going to see the film. Hearing that John Williams music divorced of most of its context is a real trip.

BrickArts295

GOTY Tracking Thread Master
Oct 26, 2017
End of another ERA. Seems like I've been saying this quite a lot this year.

Status
Not open for further replies.