• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Deleted member 2145

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
uq7vc3sr6fa41.jpg

the memes are getting too powerful

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Any place did a good breakdown of the ships at the final battle? Really sucks we didn't get more space battle footage for such an important finale. I've seen screen caps showing Naboo fighters, the Mandalorian Fang fighter, the Ghost, a Shadow caster. Seems like a ton of ships from everywhere make appearances in the background, someone mentioned there is even a republic clone destroyer? It's hard to see all this with the quick flashes of battle we get.

VonGreckler

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Good to see John Williams getting the Ocsar nom for his final Star Wars score.
I know there's almost no chance he wins, but would love it of he does.

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
Any place did a good breakdown of the ships at the final battle? Really sucks we didn't get more space battle footage for such an important finale. I've seen screen caps showing Naboo fighters, the Mandalorian Fang fighter, the Ghost, a Shadow caster. Seems like a ton of ships from everywhere make appearances in the background, someone mentioned there is even a republic clone destroyer? It's hard to see all this with the quick flashes of battle we get.
Apparently all recycled renders / designs. Not a single original ship.

From what I heard anyway

PanzerKraken

Nov 1, 2017
Apparently all recycled renders / designs. Not a single original ship.

From what I heard anyway

The ships from the animated series like Rebels were recycled? They would have had to make new renders to make those work like the mando fang fighters from s2 of Rebels. The shadow caster also. They really stuck animated series models in the film?

Bishop89

What Are Ya' Selling?
Oct 25, 2017
Melbourne, Australia
The ships from the animated series like Rebels were recycled? They would have had to make new renders to make those work like the mando fang fighters from s2 of Rebels. The shadow caster also. They really stuck animated series models in the film?
I'm not 100% sure, that's just what I was reading around reddit and such. But you're right the animated stuff they would have had to create for live action no?

Cosmo Kramer

Prophet of Regret - Chicken Chaser
Oct 28, 2017
México
I rewatched this yesterday and man it does not fair well on second viewings, it made me realize as a whole this trilogy is more useless than the prequels, i'm not saying the prequels are better movies, i'm saying this new trilogy is pointless. And this movie is the worse by far. There is not one redeeming quality here, the plot is fucking stupid, full of nonsensical stuff. It is better made than the prequels maybe but i can't say it is a better movie as a whole. What a shame

Oct 28, 2017
TLJ was on TNT last night so, of course, I watched it again. I think the only way I can enjoy TROS is if I just pretend that it's a movie set in an alternate universe or something.

Because I actually do find it enjoyable in isolation. I love Rey's character in it and Daisy gives absolutely her best performance in the trilogy. But this movie is not a sequel to TLJ by any stretch of the imagination.

Halbrand

Oct 27, 2017
When Poe is talking to Zorii on Kijmi the music is from when Anakin returns to Tatooine in Episode II.

And there's a little bit of Battle of the Heroes when Rey is training in the beginning.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
It's one of the few scenes in the movie that's allowed to breathe

Yea, and Poe speaking/praying to Leia for guidance after she passed. I was indifferent to Poe in FA, and didn't care for him much at all in TLJ, but TROS treated him pretty well. He had a few "breathable" as you say moments, and He comes a long way from TFA, so the movie was good to him.

John Harker

Knows things...
Oct 27, 2017
Santa Destroy
Circling back, it's not like Luke needed Obi Wan to appear in his X Wing when he fired into the Death Star during the trench one. He just heard his voice, "use the force Luke."

Rey didn't need the Jedi standing next to her, visibly participating and having us the viewer lose our connection to her to focus on our favorite such and such character. It was her story just like it was Luke's moment. With support from those who came before.

I personally would have PREFERRED to see everyone versus heard, but I get the callback and the rationale.

MUCH of this film recalls various lines from the older films. "Use the force, Luke" ghost, "the force is strong in my family," "there is another," "Palpatine's speech on the dark side leading to unnatural paths" - it's pretty clear JJ pulled moments from his youth in this films and turned them into dangling threads he wanted to pursue in his trilogy. For better or worse. But it's there (coming at you at 200 mph the whole time)

Hero

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
TROS is the worst type of fanservice. I would've preferred it if Rey had looked directly into the camera/audience when she said her last name was Skywalker and then winked.

Lylo

Oct 25, 2017
For me Star Wars is only enjoyable as trilogies, not individual movies, so TROS being so bad makes the sequels the worse trilogy for me.

Doggg

▲ Legend ▲
Nov 17, 2017
I never imagined the meme potential from this new trilogy would be as great as the prequels, but then we got this whole RJ vs JJ thing going on, lol

Naijaboy

The Fallen
Mar 13, 2018

I really wish we had gotten a true sequel to TLJ.

This just makes me sad. I've seen multiple video analysis pointing out all the ways the film could have closed the saga in a proper way. Just ripping off from any one of them would have given us a damn good movie. Yet apparently Abrams doesn't even understand his own movies and the franchise is worse off because of it.

CesareNorrez

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea if this would be better than what we got, execution is always crucial, but I'm not seeing much that would make Lucasfilm want to dump him. Maybe the Ben getting extinguished bit? but just film it 2 ways and test it out.

I like the Luke haunting Kylo bits most of all.

Status
Not open for further replies.