• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

JK-Money

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
A famous youtuber that has a channel called Star Wars Theory recently put 80K of his own money down and made a solo Vader fan fillm which I believe takes place after the events of Revenge of the Sith. Episode 1 launches on December 20th, and he is even renting out a theatre in LA for people to view the fan film for free. He go the ok from Disney to make it however he can not monetize anything to do with the film or youtube content surrounding it. Other than the fan film comign soon I highly recommend you check out his channel, he does a lot of deep dives regarding Star Wars and the "what if" scenerios as well. Along with that he looks at the new Vader comics and gives his insight on what Episode 9 should consist of etc.

Since the Episode drops December 20th he has dropped 3 teasers so far for the final product. If you search further into his channel you can see a slight "making of" for the film along with picking a: director, cast members, voices etc. Anyways stay tuned December 20th, out of the fan films I have seen this looks legit good. Teasers below.

Concept art posted below:
maxresdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

DcyClMjVwAAhxgk.jpg

Star-Wars-Movie-Concept-art-Vader-VS-Palpatine.jpg

De3XJysUEAItu0z.jpg

OP
OP
JK-Money

JK-Money

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
More links below with stuff regarding the film:

Orb

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I hope the guy didn't introduce any hardships on himself or his family by dropping this much money on a project that's probably going to be just as bad as every other Star Wars "fan film."

OP
OP
JK-Money

JK-Money

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I hope the guy didn't introduce any hardships on himself or his family by dropping this much money on a project that's probably going to be just as bad as every other Star Wars "fan film."
All his own money and he is fairly stable with the investment

OP
OP
JK-Money

JK-Money

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Me too!, looks really well done. Listened to his podcast he had when he talked about the project, though its a fan film the quality sounds and seems wayyyyyy better than your average fan film. This is legit!

OP
OP
JK-Money

JK-Money

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Production values are looking great but Vader vs 300 Jedi and incurring graphic battle damage is def some Star Wars fan stuff lol
Totally get it, from what I heard him say Episode 1 has one/two light saber duels one on one, the majority of the 15 min fan film is a lot of story to flesh out Vader more especially since because this is after Revenge of the Sith. From what he said this is the inner turmoil between Anakin and Vader. The concept art shows him facing more than one Jedi, but if this succeeds I think the bigger fights will be near the end of the series. But also there should be a film adaptation of Vader going out and hunting down the remaining Jedi. Shows off his power and ruthlessness.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
We need more SW fan films with a lot less lightsabers if I'm being honest.

Rivenblade

Nov 1, 2017

There are some decent ones out there from what I recall. Now I want to hunt them down...

Deleted member 5666

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Star Wars Theory dude has rubbed a lot of the fanbase the wrong way because he happily associates with the Geeks + Gamers channel and invited its host to the set of the film.

To those who don't know Geeks + Gamers is a large alt-right Star Wars focused channel that rails against current Star Wars claiming they push a "pro-feminist" and "SJW" agenda.

So nah, no thanks Star Wars Theory. Stop associating with the toxic alt-right part of fandom and I'll watch.

Sephzilla

Herald of Stoptimus Crime
Oct 25, 2017
Huh this looks pretty inter--

Star Wars Theory dude has rubbed a lot of the fanbase the wrong way because he happily associates with the Geeks + Gamers channel and invited its host to the set of the film.

To those who don't know Geeks + Gamers is a larget alt-right Star Wars focused channel that rails against current Star Wars claiming they push a "pro-feminist" and "SJW" agenda.

So nah, no thanks Star Wars Theory. Stop associating with the toxic alt-right part of fandom and I'll watch.
Nevermind

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, Star Wars Theory associates with the alt-right anti "SJW" part of toxic fandom. The host of Geeks and Gamers live streamed from the set of the fan film and all.

To those who don't keep up with this stuff it would be like if a gaming channel (say GameExplain) filmed a Nintendo fan film but invited Jontron and PewDiePie to the set and had them help out and eagerly embraced them.

I know sometimes it can be hard to know which youtubers associate with anti-SJW junk you see in fandoms but SWT is one of them. His palling around with Geeks and Gamers whose entire channel exists to spread ComicsGate/GamerGate anti-SJW trash should make anyone take pause and no longer support his channel

Last edited:

Hero_of_the_Day

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017

To those who don't know Geeks + Gamers is a large alt-right Star Wars focused channel that rails against current Star Wars claiming they push a "pro-feminist" and "SJW" agenda.

Guess I'll just watch the last minute of Rogue One again.

Surfinn

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA

Oh..

Oh no

Witness

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Hartford, CT
Yeah, Star Wars Theory associates with the alt-right anti "SJW" part of toxic fandom. The host of Geeks and Gamers live streamed from the set of the fan film and all.

To those who don't keep up with this stuff it would be like if a gaming channel (say GameExplain) filmed a Nintendo fan film but invited Jontron and PewDiePie to the set and had them help out and eagerly embraced them.

I know sometimes it can be hard to know which youtubers associate with anti-SJW junk you see in fandoms but SWT is one of them. His palling around with Geeks and Gamers whose entirely channel exists to spread ComicsGate/GamerGate anti-SJW trash should make anyone take pause and no longer support his channel

Appreciate the explanation. Well I'll avoid this then.

MMarston

Self-requested ban
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Waaaait now I remember this channel

Isn't this the one that gives with the stupid clickbaity titles/icons on my YouTube recs sometimes?

CenturionNami

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Production values are looking great but Vader vs 300 Jedi and incurring graphic battle damage is def some Star Wars fan stuff lol
It's happened in the Legends continuity. The Conclave of Kessel.
4845069cab06f1c8fe245997e925d3a2.jpg

This dude seems like an asshole, but just because I love watching Vader slaughter stuff dosen't mean i'm associated with these clowns

Aftermath

Oct 27, 2017
Well this is what's happening to Darth Vader in Cannon currently set after ROTS

He gets attacked by a Sith Lord on Mustafa and

On a more basic level, being decimated by molten hot lava is a painful thing, so we can fully understand why the Sith general fears this happening again. This time, though, Vader is prepared and uses the Force to create a bubble to minimize the burns and overall damage. As he catches fire, his rage motivates him to blow the flames away, proving to Momin he can move past these fears.

🤔

Back to this fair play thats a huge budget for a fan film, good luck to them, but they are anti sjw nonsense? Hmmm nah I'll pass

talkingood

Oct 27, 2017
The fact that this is the kind of stuff hardcore Star Wars fans produce and support kind of gives a bit of perspective on why so many of them hate The Last Jedi...
Yeah, I popped over to NeoGAF recently out of curiosity and there was someone talking about whether it was even possible to "save" the sequel trilogy. The OP suggested the only way it might happen is if they bring back Luke to "totally wreck some shit". There's no reasoning with these people. They think they know what makes a good film and they don't have a clue.

Pop-O-Matic

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
It's happened in the Legends continuity. The Conclave of Kessel.
4845069cab06f1c8fe245997e925d3a2.jpg

This dude seems like an asshole, but just because I love watching Vader slaughter stuff dosen't mean i'm associated with these clowns

As always, I point out that EU content (old and new) is just fanfic that's sanctioned by the rights-holders, and like fanfic most of it is terrible.

rsfour

Oct 26, 2017

I know sometimes it can be hard to know which youtubers associate with anti-SJW junk you see in fandoms but SWT is one of them. His palling around with Geeks and Gamers whose entire channel exists to spread ComicsGate/GamerGate anti-SJW trash should make anyone take pause and no longer support his channel

Thanks, sounds like this is a no for me then.

Dec 6, 2018

You need to fact check before spewing slander like this. I have no ties or representation with such entities that are toxic to Star Wars. I have, and always have been a positive force in the fandom. I have even made several videos expressing my concern on toxicity in the fandom and that I am far from that mentality. You should not speak so certain about me, when you do not know what you're talking about. As for GG being 'on set'...he has always been a nice guy to me, and so when he was in LA, I allowed him to visit the set for one day while work was being done. I'm nice to those who are nice to me. Simple. I hold no hatred to others. As for being in agreement with anything any other channel says...well...you can ask those who actually watch my videos and know me by now to explain to you my views on things and it is certainly not congruent with your claims against me.

Dec 6, 2018
A famous youtuber that has a channel called Star Wars Theory recently put 80K of his own money down and made a solo Vader fan fillm which I believe takes place after the events of Revenge of the Sith. Episode 1 launches on December 20th, and he is even renting out a theatre in LA for people to view the fan film for free. He go the ok from Disney to make it however he can not monetize anything to do with the film or youtube content surrounding it. Other than the fan film comign soon I highly recommend you check out his channel, he does a lot of deep dives regarding Star Wars and the "what if" scenerios as well. Along with that he looks at the new Vader comics and gives his insight on what Episode 9 should consist of etc.

Since the Episode drops December 20th he has dropped 3 teasers so far for the final product. If you search further into his channel you can see a slight "making of" for the film along with picking a: director, cast members, voices etc. Anyways stay tuned December 20th, out of the fan films I have seen this looks legit good. Teasers below.

Concept art posted below:
maxresdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

hqdefault.jpg

DcyClMjVwAAhxgk.jpg

Star-Wars-Movie-Concept-art-Vader-VS-Palpatine.jpg

De3XJysUEAItu0z.jpg

I really appreciate you spreading the love to true fans of Star Wars. I thank you for your kind words in your posts, and I can assure you, with my entire channel on the line as I say this...you will not be disappointed. May the force be with you, my friend.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
the hate is very strong with you. Do you even know what clickbait is? I have always addressed the questions proposed in my titles. Stop the hate, you don't know what you're talking about.
Way to ignore the part about Geeks and Gamers.

How about you explain why you invited a sexist alt-right piece of trash like Jeremy who hosts Geeks and Gamers to your movie set and let him film his sexist YouTube video channel from your set?

A man who publicly attacks those he call calls SJWs, says Lucasfilm is full of "soy boys", embraces being MAGA, and supports GamerGate and ComicsGate and hosts a YouTube show with Ethan Van Sciver?

His ENTIRE CHANNEL exists to attack feminism and perceived SJW agendas in Star Wars.

And you embrace him and invite him to your movie set and allow him to film his sexist hateful YouTube channel on your set.

Era is not a forum for those who support and invite alt-right youtubers who spread sexist anti-feminist bullshit day in day out to their movie sets. Sorry.

Last edited:

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Era moving on up in the world if youtubers are making accounts to defend themselves.

Deleted member 5666

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Era moving on up in the world if youtubers are making accounts to defend themselves.
I feel honestly honored that I am special enough that one of the youtubers who pals around with the alt-right Star Wars scene would take note of my random post on a message board calling them on their bullshit to register and reply lol

Playco Armboy

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Vader vs. 300 Jedi, wtf LOL. Even in the EU, this guy was losing to, like, 'just' six Jedi Masters.

This is what's wrong with the Star Wars fandom, No. 2 right behind general bigotry. Head-canon nonsense culminating in fan creations so annoyingly fixated on POWER LEVELS and FORCE BATTLES that they make shonen pedantry blush. They have absolutely no imagination or creativity whatsoever. Anyone recall that Darth Maul fan film that was pretty well-produced? For those who haven't seen it, it's literally ten minutes of Maul fighting like six Jedi at once. Ten minutes. Even the infamously overlong Obi-Wan vs. Anakin fight in RotS had some hammy, memorable lines to take home, this particular fan film was just mindless action throughout. Choreography aside, it's the most uninspired, expensive version of an eight-year old kid banging his action figures together as he re-enacts 'how the movies should have been'.

Last edited: