• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Wollan

Mostly Positive
Oct 25, 2017
Norway but living in France
Vader Immortal episode 1 releasing for Oculus Quest and Rift this spring. Lots of VR lightsaber fighting. Free-form first-person movement.

A new trailer and hands-on articles have released:

Game Informer hands-on: Link

Rodjer

Self-requested ban.
Jan 28, 2018
Looks surprisingly good, a better showing than Iron Man VR and the other Marvel game.

ASaiyan

Oct 25, 2017
Man, I gotta set up ReVive at some point. Loving the environment and atmosphere in those shots.

El_TigroX

Oct 27, 2017
New York, NY
Pumped to see the Rift announcement. Was hoping that would be the case and that it wasn't going to be stuck on Quest.

I'm downloading as soon as it becomes available!

wafflebrain

Oct 27, 2017
I watched the panel earlier with David S. Goyer and some of the devs, seems like they really enjoyed making it so that's always a good sign. Also glad to hear they have a lightsaber dojo wave/arena mode, they said they put it in after so many people that tested it said they weren't getting enough lightsaber action in the main game and wanted more xD

Quest launch window is gonna be fantastic with all these games.

TAJ

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I was interested, but that trailer gave me heavy Rogue One flashbacks
No, thanks.

cakefoo

Nov 2, 2017
This is the least interesting Quest title for me. It still just looks like a short, linear experience trying to capitalize on a huge IP.

Mutedpenguin

Dec 5, 2017
Hopefully it's only a timed exclusive for Oculus devices.

I'm desperate for a lightsaber fighting game...but not enough to buy a whole new headset.

Still, smart move for Oculus to lock it down, timed exclusive or otherwise. It'll sell systems.

1-D_FE

Oct 27, 2017
Certainly looks a lot more promising than I thought it was gonna be. With that title, I always assumed the player was going to be Vader. Which I had zero interest in ever doing.

Is it funded by oculus?

Says Oculus Studios in the trailer. So I wouldn't expect it anywhere else.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
Anyone else getting Riddick: Escape from Butcher's Bay vibes?
Looks pretty dark with creepy aliens for a Star Wars game.

ClivePwned

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Oculus paid for it so its not coming anywhere else.

Lol at how the co-devs on this project didn't rate a single mention on the panel. burn.

Rassilon

Oct 27, 2017
UK
I've just decided that I want a game like Alien isolation except Darth Vader's the one trying to murder you.

Hire me EA.

cakefoo

Nov 2, 2017
It's not like every single thing available for GearVR/Go is also on PC. Not every developer is going to develop everything for two different platforms.
At the same time though, 3DOF Gear/Go games don't translate effortlessly to 6DOF. E,g., with 3DOF it's easier to set the rules of a carnival game, where you must not step past x when you play ring toss- just pin the player's head to x point.

There's much greater parity in tracking abilities between Quest and Rift, which should result in Rift users getting more of Quest's games. The only games that I could see being fundamentally challenging for Rift would be ones that take full advantage of Quest's untethered freedom. But I hope to see some of that muscle flexed.

Arthands

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Hopefully it's only a timed exclusive for Oculus devices.

I'm desperate for a lightsaber fighting game...but not enough to buy a whole new headset.

Still, smart move for Oculus to lock it down, timed exclusive or otherwise. It'll sell systems.

Oculus Rift have a bunch of exclusives now which you can get along the way.

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
I feel like the Quest is not gonna make the spring release date. Spring is over in 6 weeks and they haven't even announced the date yet?

Brodo Baggins

Oct 27, 2017
May as well get a cheaper windows Mixed reality headset, then... Since they do the same inside out tracking.

Oculus Quest is an all in one, so no gaming PC required. I have to assume if he's looking for the low cost option he doesn't have a gaming rig to drive VR, otherwise yes a WMR headset is the cheapest option.

As someone who owns a PC and a Vive I'm still keeping an eye on the Quest since it's standalone and wireless.

Nostremitus

Nov 15, 2017
Alabama
Oculus Quest is an all in one, so no gaming PC required. I have to assume if he's looking for the low cost option he doesn't have a gaming rig to drive VR, otherwise yes a WMR headset is the cheapest option.

As someone who owns a PC and a Vive I'm still keeping an eye on the Quest since it's standalone and wireless.
I have a couple PCs that can push VR but I'm still not willing to pay vive prices for VR. I thought he may be in a similar situation as me.