• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Round 1, Maarek Stele and A-wing move max distance... Maarek Stele fires focus-TL attack, hit-crit-crit, A-wing rolls 4 blanks, Maarek pulls a direct hit...

Tensketch

Oct 28, 2017
It's been a while since I've been on here. We still all playing?

The last year for X-wing and myself hasn't been too great. The overly convoluted state of OP resulted in my store running fewer tournaments (and at a higher price because FFG raised the prices) and tournaments overall here seemed to bomb quite a bit. Probably because FFG named everything 'Hyperspace' so no one knew what the fuck was going on. One store hired a venue set to house 100 people and about 30 turned up so people were a bit nervous about the state of the game.

I am optimistic about the changes this year, I just hope it isn't too little too late. I'm already skipping this years system open, mostly because they upped the price for the third time in a row and they announced it with just over a month to go before the event.

So how are you guys feeling about it?

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
It's been a while since I've been on here. We still all playing?

The last year for X-wing and myself hasn't been too great. The overly convoluted state of OP resulted in my store running fewer tournaments (and at a higher price because FFG raised the prices) and tournaments overall here seemed to bomb quite a bit. Probably because FFG named everything 'Hyperspace' so no one knew what the fuck was going on. One store hired a venue set to house 100 people and about 30 turned up so people were a bit nervous about the state of the game.

I am optimistic about the changes this year, I just hope it isn't too little too late. I'm already skipping this years system open, mostly because they upped the price for the third time in a row and they announced it with just over a month to go before the event.

So how are you guys feeling about it?

I don't play competitively, but I still play once or twice a month. I used to keep up with the trends though, popular list archetypes, etc. I also kept up with points changes and updates to the rules reference, but I don't really bother too much with that anymore. I just leave it to Launchbay Next and YASB 2.0 to keep me informed, and whenever I know I've got a game coming up, I'll pop in, make a list, print it out, and that's that. I don't stay on top of any of it anymore. I still plan to buy all or most of the new ships though. Even if I ever get out of the game, the ships look really great and I will keep getting them for collection/display reasons.

Ryan.

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Hey Everyone!

I wanted to extend an invite to everyone here to the Star Wars Era Discord. The Discord is ran and used by the Star Wars OT in Hangouts and we know some people here might post in the main OT, but in an effort to become more active and help bring your community over we wanted to let you all be aware of the server!

I just setup a section for games with discussions in BF2, X-Wing Miniatures, LFG, and a couple of voice channels. Suggestions and feedback are welcome to make sure the server is the best it can be!

Invite:
Hidden content
You need to reply to this thread in order to see this content.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Hey Everyone!

I wanted to extend an invite to everyone here to the Star Wars Era Discord. The Discord is ran and used by the Star Wars OT in Hangouts and we know some people here might post in the main OT, but in an effort to become more active and help bring your community over we wanted to let you all be aware of the server!

I just setup a section for games with discussions in BF2, X-Wing Miniatures, LFG, and a couple of voice channels. Suggestions and feedback are welcome to make sure the server is the best it can be!

Invite:
[Hidden content]

Joined! Thank you for the invite.