• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Yesterday, a FLGS hosted a 2.0 tournament but I had to work late and missed it. I am super rusty and haven't even read most of the cards for the new version, but I really wanted to participate.

I've just finished sorting all the cards from the Starter Set, Saw's Renegades, TIE Reaper, and all three conversion kits, but I am overwhelmed at the prospect of cardboard tokens.

Does anyone have any recommendations for great looking acrylic 2.0 tokens? Curved Paw on Etsy is nice, but I was hoping for some flashier show stoppers.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
My store got shorted 5 promo damage decks for preorders and I'm one of the unlucky 5. I'm pretty salty over it. Due to the hurricane last week delaying the Scum conversion kits and damage decks, and work this week, I haven't even picked my stuff up yet. I almost want to cancel my pre-order at the store and buy the stuff used on eBay or something, to be super bitter and passive-aggressive and deny FFG my money for wave 1, but the deal at this store was better than a lot of places. 1x core set, 1x ea of the three conversion kits, supposed to be 1x promo damage deck, and 1x entry into the first OP event after launch (which normally costs either $5 or one small ship purchase to enter) for $150. That's too good of a deal to pass up, so I'll just go in sometime next week and begrudgingly pick up my order.

AllWings better finish their 2.0 alt art damage deck soon though, because now I'm fiending for some kind of 'different' damage deck.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I, on the other hand, got a promo damage deck despite not pre-ordering... Guess the LGS had far more promos tha pre-ordrs.

OP
OP
Kharnete

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
<3

IkAazwP.jpg

I've sucked big time, but I'm enjoying the hell out of the game.

1-3 at the end of the tournament. Lost in a first close game against 4Lom-Palob-2x Y-wing with Ions, victory against Whisper-Rexler-generic Reaper, and then two more loses against Vader-4 various TIE Fighters and a Tractor Beam Gunboat with 3 Juke TIE Phantoms. In the last two games I've had some of the worst attack dice I've seen in a long time. It was quite amazing.

Last edited:

Tensketch

Oct 28, 2017
Just gone 1-3 at a tournament. It's great that this game isn't all auto-wins, but I really don't think TIE Swarms are back, of if they are, they require a lot of work.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I don't understand this "half-points" thing people keep talking about in places. I assume it is for tournament scoring but... what is it and why?

Tensketch

Oct 28, 2017
if you get a ship down to half health, you get half the points. Because the game is timed to 75 minutes, it helps you get more points.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Half the points of what? The ship total? Like, 50 point X-wing would grant 25 points if it is damaged down to 50% health?

Tensketch

Oct 28, 2017
exactly right. So you set a time limit, play and when the time limit is reached you count points. If you half health a 50 point X-Wing, you get 25 points etc.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hrmm, probably should keep this in mind should i ever end up playing tournament games. So far i've stuck to casual games only. Need to check how local gaming store folks play, too much meta gaming and i don't think i'll bother, i'm too much of a theme and "fun" list player.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ah, crap, i need a storage solution. Previously, i've used small minigrip plastic bags for upgrades and ship cards, which in turn were stored in a box. They weren't particularly practical as it was slow to take them out, pick what i needed, and put the rest back in, but they were the quickest "temporary" solution back them. Ideally, some kind of small box (or a couple of boxes) with space for all upgrade types, perhaps.

Unfortunately i don't seem to have any temporary box either. The core set box isn't really suitable because some genius thought a hole in the cover would be a good idea. The conversion kit boxes are way too flimsy. And somehow, i don't have any other suitable boxes either, everything is in use for something suitably important i can't just empty them.

Really, really wish all cards had been made electronic. Just minis and tokens and templates on table, though i will admit that tracking charges and shields and damage might be a bit tricky.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well well, the improvements to the game are definitively worth it. Small things, but they make everything so much more enjoyable. Pity the cards are so big, i really need another table to move my PC to, or otherwise i need small portable tables for all squad cards.

I played this:
https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galact...-1:-1:;229:-1:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

My brother went with this:
https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel ...-1:;57:100,-1:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=

My brother won, Luke was so damn powerful. Sense isn't particularly useful for Luke though, not unless there are higher skill pilots around. R2-D2 isn't necessarily worth the points but my brother did manage to use two shield regens which was big part of why i lost, so at least R2 Astromech is probably worth the points.
"Assault Y-wing" is an annoying threat, even when its turret gets basically stuck pointing one direction.
I wiped out the Y-wing and A-wing with a single proton bomb.
Another bomb damaged total of four ships (two of mine, two my brother's).
My TIE Fighter got totally demolished by Luke, it had one damage and Hull Breach (from my own bomb), then Luke hit it with a Direct Hit which lead to another Direct Hit which lead to some other critical thanks to Hull Breach...
Ion Cannon Assault Gunboats are fun. Advanced Proton Torpedoes are tricky to use with them but very good with some luck. Advanced SLAM is the weakest upgrade probably, easy to drop if necessary.
TIE Bombers with Skilled Bombardiers are also a lot of fun, such a large bombing area.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Thanks for the updates! I'm very intrigued by the changes to Advance SLAM making it less essential. I want to try the 2.0 equivalent of my favorite 1.0 squad, but all the changes have me so eager to try the titular X-Wing and some old fashioned munitions!

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Advanced SLAM is weird. It can be useful, but it is very dependent on what else you have.
My cannonboats didn't find it terribly useful, especially since i can't fire APTs from SLAM->Lock, and if i already have a Lock with FCS, Focus may not be worth stress.
On the other hand, missileboats might find ASLAM more useful, as they can fire on locked targets even while disarmed.

Basically, if you have points to spare for ASLAM for cannonboats, you might as well take it (it isn't like there's anything else worthwhile), but it isn't essential if you can't take it.

OP
OP
Kharnete

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
I kinda love ASLAM on my cannonboats. Having that extra focus for a better attack or just survive can be a game changing. It's not something you want to use each turn, but having the option there is quite good. Or to reload the torp in your way out after using it, saving a turn.

I agree is the most expendable part of the Ion Cannon-Torp/Missile boat, but being that cheap (cheaper than in 1.0!) makes it quite interesting to have.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I guess i didn't really get to utilize it. I did take stress-Focus from ASLAM at times but that damn Luke tended to slip from my sights. Defensively useful... as long as you don't usually roll double blanks or blank-evade like i did.

All in all, i do love the Assault Gunboat. Versatile, interesting, surprisingly agile, good looking. I'm somewhat amused i never warmed up to other toolbox ships like the K-wing or Scurgg H-6. OK, the K-wing is damn nice looking ship but the 1ed TLT and bombs left a bit bad taste and shied away from the ship due to its "meta-nature".

Speaking of K-wing, trying to figure some ideas for it. It is versatile but feels very expensive. Currently thinking something like Warden Squadron Pilot with Barrage Rockets and leave it at that. Possibly devices, if there's points to spare. (If i had two E-wings, i'd fly a pair of Knaves with R4, PTs and FCS with Barrage Rocket Warden with Seismic Charges.)
Its weak-ass turret doesn't really encourage using Gunners (i really wish we'd get some ordnance-oriented Gunners at some point), Skilled Bombardier is of limited use here (though cheap if you got points to spare), and it can't conduct attacks from SLAM so that is a bit tricky to use and as such ASLAM is of limited use except with Esege Tuketu (ASLAM, Perceptive Co-Pilot to create a mobile "Focus fountain").

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Finally got around requesting a fixed A-wing mini to replace my flawed one a couple of days ago and they've already mailed the replacement, gonna take few weeks for it to arrive though. Really nice customer service really, the flaws are pretty minor but they do replace them anyway.

Pity i didn't get to play on Monday, was sick. Oh, well, maybe next Monday. Was gonna try triple-Selfless with Garven Dreis and two Red Squadron Veterans, all with Hull Upgrade and R5 and Proton Torps. Weird and probably nonsensical but whatever.

I'm hopefully meeting a friend on Sunday (can't recall how long it has been since previous meeting, so little time), and i was thinking we might play Red Squadron vs Black Squadron. That is: Luke, Wedge and Biggs vs Vader and 4x Black Squadron Pilots.
https://raithos.github.io/?f=Rebel ...7:-1,2,-1,142:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=
https://raithos.github.io/?f=Galact...1:;227:116,-1:-1:-1:&sn=Unnamed Squadron&obs=
Any suggestions for improving the lists or balancing them more? I suspect the Imperial list may be a tad stronger but hard to be sure. Not sure who plays which team, perhaps we'll just flip a coin.

OP
OP
Kharnete

Kharnete

Has Hecht’s Number
Oct 25, 2017
If you are going thematic, go all the way and drop those Cluster Missiles on Vader to upgrade a Black to Mauler Mithel, one of his wingmen on the movie. It's a shame they dropped the other, Backstabber.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, if Backstabber were still in, i'd do that in a heartbeat. But having Mauler and 3 unnamed guys feels wrong. It lacks symmetry.

EDIT Seriously, lack of Backstabber is perhaps my single biggest complaint in 2E so far. Vader really should've kept his wingmen.

EDIT Also, Valen Rudor should've stayed in TIE Adv. V1 and TIE Defender needs Maarek Stele and Vult Skerris. And TIE Advanced doesn't need Maarek Stele, he never flew one, instead the Empire needs TIE Avenger with Maarek Stele. Also Assault Gunboat with Maarek Stele. And free Keyan Freelander too while at it.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
OK, Red Squadron vs Black Squadron ended up being a total catastrophe. I played Red while my brother played Black (my friend end up being sick).
Begins well enough, i fly a nice formation to meet the TIEs... and that's when everything goes to hell. Third round, the TIEs block basically every single of moves and get free shots. Then, i Biggs get stuck, which leads to Luke getting stuck, while TIEs fly away nice and easy, and block Wedge again. A couple of rounds later, i'm in very bad position, Biggs is dead, and Luke and Wedge have taken significant damage. I gave up at that point. Total damage to the Black Squadron: Two shields and a damage to Vader, a hit and crit to a Black Squadron Ace.

Bad flying on my part, while my brother flew very well with the TIEs. I should've started elsewhere, and tried hit and run attacks or something. I probably leaned too much toward Biggs being able to tank hits for Wedge and Luke, and i really should've avoided jousting a TIE mini-swarm.

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
Bad luck, I had a rough experience with ship blockers on Friday when a mate single turn destroyed my Tie Punisher because he ran headlong into an A-wing swarm. Luckily I won the game in the end although that was partly due to him accidentally running his Lando Falcon off the board edge.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
On top of the blocking and everything else, i had bad dice luck. Like, Wedge throws 2 blanks and two Focus, while i didn't have Focus token because i had been blocked...

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Man, blocking is probably the best designed mechanic of the game. The mind games of setting them up or avoiding them is half the fun.

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
On top of the blocking and everything else, i had bad dice luck. Like, Wedge throws 2 blanks and two Focus, while i didn't have Focus token because i had been blocked...
Oh damn, that sucks. I think Wedge might be cursed in X-wing 2. I had a game last week where he shot my Whisper with a proton torpedo. Out of the four dice he rolled a focus and three blanks, then spent the reroll and got two focus and two blank results. I got a little worried that my opponent was going to throttle me.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Resistance Conversion Kit preview:
https://www.fantasyflightgames.com/en/news/2018/10/3/continuing-the-fight/

Finn and Rey are their familiar selves really. Rey's Millenium Falcon is pretty neat but hope there's a way of getting rid of stress quickly.
Paige Tico is terrifying. Fortunately the Resistance won't have but one probably clumsy bomber (at first anyway).

Overall, the Resistance have good abilities at modding dice. Gonne be expensive though.
Elite Rebels, basically.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Does anyone know if the Resistance Kit, First Order Kit, RZ-2 A-Wing, and the Mining Guild TIE are all gonna be in the same Q4 wave? I want to order them all together to save money on shipping, but minimarket doesn't ship a bundle until everything is released.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Does anyone know if the Resistance Kit, First Order Kit, RZ-2 A-Wing, and the Mining Guild TIE are all gonna be in the same Q4 wave? I want to order them all together to save money on shipping, but minimarket doesn't ship a bundle until everything is released.
The end of the article says:

"Look for the Resistance Conversion Kit (SWZ19), the T-70 X-Wing Expansion Pack (SWZ25), the RZ-2 A-Wing Expansion Pack (SWZ22), and the Resistance Maneuver Dial Upgrade Kit (SWZ21) at your local retailer in the fourth quarter of 2018 along with the rest of Wave II."

Which leads me to believe that the rest of Wave 2 will be the First Order conversion kit, and the Mining TIE, etc simultaneously.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
The end of the article says:

"Look for the Resistance Conversion Kit (SWZ19), the T-70 X-Wing Expansion Pack (SWZ25), the RZ-2 A-Wing Expansion Pack (SWZ22), and the Resistance Maneuver Dial Upgrade Kit (SWZ21) at your local retailer in the fourth quarter of 2018 along with the rest of Wave II."

Which leads me to believe that the rest of Wave 2 will be the First Order conversion kit, and the Mining TIE, etc simultaneously.

Thanks! I feel dumb for missing that bit.

With the Resistance article, Rose's ability will still work on a blank result, right? But as Woorloog says, I hope we get something to help remove stress.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
In any and all situations. It is "spend a blank to acquire a lock". "Acquiring" is not an action, therefore it is not restricted by stress.

Oh, sorry. My question about Rose and the comment about the stresses were two separate thoughts. With Rose I was just wondering if a blank result could be used to acquire the lock, which I guess it can! I guess following up on that, it says "the enemy ship." I take that to mean you can only acquire a lock on the ship you are currently attacking or defending from?

With the stress comment, I just noticed in the preview that it looks like tons of stuff in the Resistance faction causes stress.

Matttimeo

Oct 26, 2017
Wow, Rose is real scary. Slap her on the Falcon and you are turning that relatively useless one agility into a free target lock every time someone attacks you. And she only gets more insane if you combo her with Finn. I primarily collect the bad guys in wargames so hoping the First Order upgrades are just as tasty when they get revealed.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
I've got my first game of 2.0 tomorrow at an OP event that is doubling as the Launch Party Event (since the hurricane and Scum kit delay forced the event to be cancelled last month). Since it is supposed to be a launch event, we are using rules that don't quite line up with either official format. It's going to be Wave 1 (and Wave 0.5 with Saw's Renegades and the Reaper) ships only, but all the upgrades from the conversion kits are okay to use. I've yet to fully punch all of the tokens and templates from my core set and nothing is organized from my conversion kits yet. Tomorrow when I get home from work (yet another event where I have to work all night before going to play all day on no sleep) I'm going to have a lot of work to do to get ready to go.

I'm debating flying either of the two lists (though if I fly the Imperial list, I'll need to buy a Reaper when I get to the store, since I don't have one yet):

Reb List - 197 Points

"Dutch" Vander (42)
Proton Torpedoes (9)
R4 Astromech (2)

Luke Skywalker (62)
Heightened Perception (3)
Proton Torpedoes (9)
R3 Astromech (3)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Wedge Antilles (52)
Swarm Tactics (3)
Proton Torpedoes (9)
R3 Astromech (3)
Servomotor S-Foils (0)

Total: 197
View in Yet Another Squad Builder 2.0

Or

Imp List - 195 Points

Darth Vader (70)
Supernatural Reflexes (12)
Fire-Control System (3)

Maarek Stele (50)
Ruthless (1)
Fire-Control System (3)

Major Vermeil (49)
Intimidation (3)
Tactical Officer (2)
Tactical Scrambler (2)

Total: 195

The Reb List is obviously a List that wants to hit hard with some Proton Torps. The Y-Wing would really benefit from having R3 but it needs more blue on its dial, so R4 it is. The Imp list has the Reaper blocking or ramming enemies to lower their agility with Intimidation and obstruct their shots, while the two TIE Advanceds come in blasting behind it or from the flanks. The Reaper being at Range 0 of an enemy means Maarek can use Ruthless for another dice mod if he needs to while attacking.
I saw both of these lists on the FFG forums and decided that either one could be fun. I am one of the ones in the community that voted for a restricted ship list tomorrow, thinking it would be nice for the Wave 1 ships to breathe a bit and that it would be kind of a nice back-to-basics return to classic X-Wing (except for Scum Falcon and Boba doing Scum stuff), but then I realized I didn't want to fly anything from Wave 1, so I went hunting for lists. Swarms don't interest me and I don't want to fly Boba, so I knew I'd have to fly some Advanceds or some X-Wings.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Imp List - 195 Points

Darth Vader (70)
Supernatural Reflexes (12)
Fire-Control System (3)

Maarek Stele (50)
Ruthless (1)
Fire-Control System (3)

Major Vermeil (49)
Intimidation (3)
Tactical Officer (2)
Tactical Scrambler (2)

Total: 195

Ok, i find this a bit dubious list.

First, Maarek's Ruthless. Not a bad Talent, but whom are you gonna use it on? Vermeil? I think the Reaper is a bit too important ship to be used for Ruthless. Generic TIE Bombers are good damage banks for Ruthless. In a pinch, a more important ship will do though i'd avoid doing that usually, but that's just me.

Second, Vermeil feels confused. High Init, so not a great blocker. On the other hand, ramming an enemy costs you an action and leads TacOfficer to go waste, though white Coordinate is good. And medium base may not be large enough to make taking advantage of TacScramb easy.
It can work, of course, but i'm skeptical.

If you use Vizier, you can get free white Coordinates before your actual move, and then use TacScramb to cover friendlies. You lose Intimidation though.
Alternatively, if you forget the weird ramming idea, Vermeil should go nicely with Jamming enemy actions and using ISB Slicer to potentially keep Jam tokens for the next round.
Also, Informant on the TIE Reaper might be useful if the ship is used for blocking. Knowing one enemy movement may given valuable information about the whole team, and it is useful for picking Aileron moves.
Maarek might like Marksman, the more critical hit potential, the better Maarek is. Proton Rockets and Cluster Missiles might be of interest for Maarek as well, as higher attack values or more attacks makes taking advantage of Maarek's ability more likely. (Obviously reduced enemy defense is good as well.)

As for the Rebel list, Luke has limited benefit from Heightened Perception since I5 is so high and there are few I6. Useful if you lost Initiative, of course but not sure it is ideal here. Really doesn't help Wedge has Swarm Tactics, which might get applied to Luke rather than Dutch depending on situation.
Wedge might like Outmaneuver, enemy agility at -2 is hilarious. Tricky to use though, and could likely require not flying with Luke and Dutch, depending how much they're gonna arc-dodge.

Still, whatever works for you. And taking my advice may not be advisable given how i've lost my two previous games.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Anyone familiar with second hand market of X-wing miniatures? I can't find any local second-hand market, so i'm unsure about prices. What's the typical sell price for a whole and unmodified small base ship? I'd figure it is something like 10-12€?

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Hmm, so could be as low as 5-6€ per mini? (I can't access the facebook thing because i don't use FB BTW.)
What about large-base ships like Upsilon or YT-1300?

Wondering because i got basically full Resistance and FO factions but no intention to convert. If i sell my sequel era ships, one can just get appropriate Conversion Kit and have ready to play fleet (assuming core set and other essentials).

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Hmm, so could be as low as 5-6€ per mini? (I can't access the facebook thing because i don't use FB BTW.)
What about large-base ships like Upsilon or YT-1300?

Wondering because i got basically full Resistance and FO factions but no intention to convert. If i sell my sequel era ships, one can just get appropriate Conversion Kit and have ready to play fleet (assuming core set and other essentials).
When selling in bulk, people expect lower prices.

That particular group is 99% of the reason I still keep my Facebook account. I have no experience with other second-hand markets, though.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Well, i guess i need to gauge interest in person. I'll see if i'll have time on Monday to play at local game store, i'll ask around while at it.
If not, it seems my friend might be interested. I did suggest that price i mention above but that might've been high, if it is i'll suggest 8-9€ per ship (would be 50% of original buying price in most cases, things are expensive here), maybe double that for the larger ships.
If it truly is a sellers market here, even my original idea will be a good deal. But i'm fine selling at lower price for a friend. Especially since there's a chance it'll hook him in the game truly...
EDIT wait, do i sound like X-wing drug dealer there.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Well, i guess i need to gauge interest in person. I'll see if i'll have time on Monday to play at local game store, i'll ask around while at it.
If not, it seems my friend might be interested. I did suggest that price i mention above but that might've been high, if it is i'll suggest 8-9€ per ship (would be 50% of original buying price in most cases, things are expensive here), maybe double that for the larger ships.
If it truly is a sellers market here, even my original idea will be a good deal. But i'm fine selling at lower price for a friend. Especially since there's a chance it'll hook him in the game truly...
EDIT wait, do i sound like X-wing drug dealer there.
Gotta push the first bag for cheap to get new clients.

EYEL1NER

Oct 26, 2017
Ok, i find this a bit dubious list.

First, Maarek's Ruthless. Not a bad Talent, but whom are you gonna use it on? Vermeil? I think the Reaper is a bit too important ship to be used for Ruthless. Generic TIE Bombers are good damage banks for Ruthless. In a pinch, a more important ship will do though i'd avoid doing that usually, but that's just me.

Second, Vermeil feels confused. High Init, so not a great blocker. On the other hand, ramming an enemy costs you an action and leads TacOfficer to go waste, though white Coordinate is good. And medium base may not be large enough to make taking advantage of TacScramb easy.
It can work, of course, but i'm skeptical.

If you use Vizier, you can get free white Coordinates before your actual move, and then use TacScramb to cover friendlies. You lose Intimidation though.
Alternatively, if you forget the weird ramming idea, Vermeil should go nicely with Jamming enemy actions and using ISB Slicer to potentially keep Jam tokens for the next round.
Also, Informant on the TIE Reaper might be useful if the ship is used for blocking. Knowing one enemy movement may given valuable information about the whole team, and it is useful for picking Aileron moves.
Maarek might like Marksman, the more critical hit potential, the better Maarek is. Proton Rockets and Cluster Missiles might be of interest for Maarek as well, as higher attack values or more attacks makes taking advantage of Maarek's ability more likely. (Obviously reduced enemy defense is good as well.)

As for the Rebel list, Luke has limited benefit from Heightened Perception since I5 is so high and there are few I6. Useful if you lost Initiative, of course but not sure it is ideal here. Really doesn't help Wedge has Swarm Tactics, which might get applied to Luke rather than Dutch depending on situation.
Wedge might like Outmaneuver, enemy agility at -2 is hilarious. Tricky to use though, and could likely require not flying with Luke and Dutch, depending how much they're gonna arc-dodge.

Still, whatever works for you. And taking my advice may not be advisable given how i've lost my two previous games.
I didn't see much use for that TacOfficer on the Reaper when I first saw the lost but I couldn't figure out any worthwhile low-cost crew to stick on him so I didn't bother removing it. Vermeil' initiative did seem to high, too. I probably won't fly that list I guess. If I remember correctly when I picked up my 2.0 stuff two weeks ago, the store only had one Reaper. I shouldn't build a list that uses a ship I might not be able to get access to if they sold it. The smart thing to do would have been to be creating lists earlier in the week and I could have had a Reaper show up in the mail if I determined I needed it, but too late now.

Despite preferring to fly Empire, I'll more than likely go with the Rebel list. Outmaneuver just fits in to the list over Swarm Tactics, putting me at 200. The idea with Swarm Tactics was set up Luke on one side and Wedge/Dutch on the other. Luke presents as an easier target so I slow fly him up one side and bring the other two in quicker. Luke fires at 7, Wedge and Biggs at 6. That'd be a nice Proton Torp alpha strike but I'd prefer full mods on the torps, which means I would be firing them off on the first turn of engagement anyway. My plans for set up never succeed as intended anyway so I should probably ditch that and do Dutch in the center with Luke and Wedge in opposite sides and try to bring them all in on the enemy at the same time. I'll unequip Luke's Force Upgrade and 2 points is a lousy bid in 2.0, so that frees me up to throw a cheap EPT on Dutch.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I wonder if there's a Tech upgrade for a Evade or Focus token at the end of a round? If yes, then my favorite Dormitz-TIE-swarm tactic should still work. Otherwise, it won't be as good.

Fun looking abilities all the same.

Still unlikely to convert my FO forces though.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Oh, this looks stellar!

Yesterday, I played my first game of 2.0 and despite losing horrifically, I loved it. The importance of focus-based dice manipulation was hammered home to me, as the first twenty attack dice I threw were nothing but blanks and focus results. It was crazy, but it was a great teaching moment to experience the game's changes in upgrades.

I freaking love everything about 2.0. I've been clamoring for this update since Jumpmasters came out, but I was simply not expecting it to happen, nor did I expect the actual product to deliver as thoroughly as it has.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
How do you guys and gals organize your stuff? Since 2.0 came out, I'm having to rethink my whole layout. With Resistance and First Order on the way, I think I'm gonna go with separate binders for each faction. And in each binder, I'll house the pilot cards, dials, and ship tokens. Then I'll have a separate binder for all upgrade cards. Here in Japan, they sell these 20-pocket sheets that are made specifically to house a kind of sticker called Bikkuriman. They work perfectly for the dials.
ylxgl6Ym.jpg

Have you all made any changes in your storage solutions since 2.0? Anything you especially recommend when it comes to cards, dials, and ship tokens?

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I bought a three row cardboard box intended for card storage for $4 from my FLGS. One row will be designated to upgrade cards sorted alphabetically and separated by type. Another row is going to be dedicated to ship/pilot cards. Once I print some cardstock dividers with icon tabs, I'm considering storing all pilot base tokens and dials in each ship's slot so I have immediate access to the relevant paraphernalia when grabbing any pilot.

I could never go back to binders. I used them for 1.0 until last year. Removing every card and dial to insert a few new ones, just to put them all back shifted to the side was infuriating. Cardboard boxes are life savers.

5taquitos

Oct 27, 2017
OR
I had to sell all my stuff about a year and a half ago (and it was a pretty decent collection). I was content not really playing anymore since I wasn't really going to my local on a regular basis anyway, but all this 2.0 stuff has me thirsty. May consider picking it back up again and maybe just sticking to one faction for a while to negate bloat.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
I had to sell all my stuff about a year and a half ago (and it was a pretty decent collection). I was content not really playing anymore since I wasn't really going to my local on a regular basis anyway, but all this 2.0 stuff has me thirsty. May consider picking it back up again and maybe just sticking to one faction for a while to negate bloat.
Their goal is to release every upgrade within every faction's ships, so you never have to cross factions to get a particular card.

DarthSpider

The Fallen
Nov 15, 2017
Hiroshima, Japan
Rules clarification question. When moving off of an asteroid, do you have to roll for damage again? On page 13 of the rules reference, it states, "Before a ship moves, if it is at range 0 of an obstacle, it does not suffer the effects of that obstacle unless it moves through or overlaps that obstacle again."

So say I ended my last turn overlapping an asteroid. I rolled for damage and suffered effects. Now it's the beginning of a new round, and I go to maneuver off of it, but I still have to pass through some of it to be out of range 0 of it. Does this still count as "moving through" the asteroid? Would I still have to roll for damage one more time?

Also, it says that you can lock an obstacle, but does it mention anywhere if you can destroy them with regular primary weapons? I think you can destroy them with seismic charges, but what's the point of locking one if you can't do anything with that?

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Rules clarification question. When moving off of an asteroid, do you have to roll for damage again? On page 13 of the rules reference, it states, "Before a ship moves, if it is at range 0 of an obstacle, it does not suffer the effects of that obstacle unless it moves through or overlaps that obstacle again."

So say I ended my last turn overlapping an asteroid. I rolled for damage and suffered effects. Now it's the beginning of a new round, and I go to maneuver off of it, but I still have to pass through some of it to be out of range 0 of it. Does this still count as "moving through" the asteroid? Would I still have to roll for damage one more time?

Also, it says that you can lock an obstacle, but does it mention anywhere if you can destroy them with regular primary weapons? I think you can destroy them with seismic charges, but what's the point of locking one if you can't do anything with that?
Unless things have changed with 2.0, obstacles will retrigger their effect if the maneuver template used on your next round touches it.

You can land a corner of your ship on an asteroid, for example, and not have any consequences when you move away the next turn, but if you land in such a way that the next turn requires you to place the movement template on top of the obstacle, then you'll suffer a second set of penalities.

As far as I know, locking obstacles is only used for the ordinance to destroy them. Primary weapons have no affect on them.