• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
May 17, 2018
Sony has started e-mailing all players who pre-ordered the game on PlayStation 4 and has begun issuing refunds, because the publisher has told them that the game has been cancelled.

Should be noted that Starbreeze themselves haven't outright announced this yet, but, would be weird for Sony to start refunds without it being legit. Can't believe how poorly this game has been managed. Seemed like an easy slam dunk when it was first announced.

https://www.trueachievements.com/n3...-that-overkills-the-walking-dead-is-cancelled

Ravelle

Oct 31, 2017
Isn't this already out on PC?

Yeah, I think this about the console versions which I thought was already announced. Weird.

What a weird situtation this was. A zombie game based on comic-book/telesison but with no relation to the two, besides a very brief trailer at E3 which I somehow missed despite watching E3 twice. From that moment to the game coming out, no marketing, nobody talking about it and the game super stealth releasing with no marktering push or buzz from either the press/coverage or the audience. It was dead on arrival in complete silence.

Kalentan

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, when Overkill said to buy the game on a system that it works properly on they really meant it!

Zombine

Oct 25, 2017
My thread on this a while ago was sort of telling. It was a clusterfuck, and that radio silence for that long was pretty telling. My guess is that the game was scrapped twice.

tarman76

Oct 27, 2017
Crazy that finished game will just be shelved. I'm not gonna play the PC version.

Save us WWZ!

SpinlyLimbs

Banned
Feb 1, 2018
Geez, that sucks despite the game looking like trash. I used to love Starbreeze after playing Riddick on the original Xbox.

Oct 30, 2017
And nothing of value was lost. (As far as this game is concerned. RIP Starbreeze though. They've had some good games in the past)

Blizzcut

Banned
Dec 13, 2017
Hate to say it but it needed this deathnell, game looked horrid and was a disaster waiting to happen.

Lant_War

Classic Anus Game
The Fallen
Jul 14, 2018
This is secretly a blessing for those who pre-ordered the game. Never trust those guys with a console port, they're beyond irresponsible.

MistahS

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Sep 2, 2018
Sucks for the people looking forward to the gsme, but it looked awful.

Wolfman.JD

Nov 24, 2017
I played the BETA and it had potential, but it was a buggy mess. Sucks, I was looking forward to giving it a good go on consoles.

TimPV3

Oct 30, 2017
They cancelled Fractured But Whole preorders too, so not all hope (or the opposite of hope) is lost.

JustinH

Oct 27, 2017
I just read through Eurogamer's "The Fall of Starbreeze" article yesterday (had it bookmarked on SIFTD for a while since it's a long article). Man, seems like Starbreeze's fall was a long time coming with "this has to be big or we're screwed" moment after another, and Star VR not happening.

Sucks that after they worked so long with this game they flipped to unreal engine. Even though that's what they wanted to start with I guess it just meant they wasted all that time using the "Valhalla" engine.

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
That's a shame, but not exactly unexpected.

I think once the current season of content is out, the game will probably be shelved entirely. Which sucks, because it can actually be really fun and challenging with friends.

Ryengeku

Oct 26, 2017
Georgia, US

daniel77733

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
If the game is truly that bad, I give Starbreeze credit for having the balls to cancel the game instead of forcing it to market.