• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 48897

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 22, 2018
I'll start trusting cops when they start holding themselves accountable *opens his appointment book and pencils in a reminder for the 12th of nevermber*

Kevers

The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
Syracuse, NY
My grandfather was the town judge where I grew up and my father was a sheriffs deputy. I've been surrounded by cops and firemen my whole life and they are some of the most racist assholes I've ever been around in Munich entire life. Even as a kid I knew these people were hot garbage and my few run ins with the cops as a white teenager didn't change my opinion. I was physically assaulted over my laser pointer going out my bedroom window into the neighbors house by some fuckhead who thought he was hot shit. Same dude eventually got shitcanned because he was letting women out of tickets for blowjobs. Fuck em.

This is solely my opinion based on my actual encounters with them. It doesn't even include all the non-resisting kills these shitbags have on their record.

Trup1aya

Literally a train safety expert
Oct 25, 2017
Considering that most of the time when a cop tries to make sure a bad cop face some consequence he becomes an excop surprisingly quickly.
I'd say that natural selection means that there aren't many left that aren't.

which is why i have little concern about good cops getting caught in the crossfire when I say fuck the police.

Good cops literally cannot exist in this system. There might be cops who don't directly participate in the abuse of power. They might be disturbed by it. They may even object behind closed doors. But if they ultimately turn a blind eye to it in the interest of their own self preservation, they are also failing to do their job. How can they be a good cop?

Last edited:

mael

Avenger
Nov 3, 2017
which is why i have little concern about good cops getting caught in the crossfire when I say fuck the police.

Good cops literally cannot exist in this system. There might be cops who don't directly participate in the abuse of power. They might be disturbed by it. They may even object behind closed doors. But if they ultimately turn a blind eye to it in the interest of their own self preservation, they are also failing to do their job. How can they be a good cop?
It's basically discussing the merit of a corrupt politician, who the hell cares that despite the bribes from the mob he's a good guy?
As long as he let the mob rule and make money of it he's as bad as a puppet who is fully owned by the mob.
At the end of the day if you can't be trusted to weed out the bad elements you shouldn't be trusted with the safety of your fellow citizen.

Oct 27, 2017
Seattle
Starbucks apologizes again:

Dear Chief Moir and the entire Tempe Police Department,

Thank you, Chief Moir, for the conversation today. On behalf of Starbucks, I want to sincerely apologize to you all for the experience that six of your officers had in our store on July 4.

When those officers entered the store and a customer raised a concern over their presence, they should have been welcomed and treated with dignity and the utmost respect by our partners (employees). Instead, they were made to feel unwelcome and disrespected, which is completely unacceptable.

At Starbucks, we have deep appreciation for your department and the officers who serve the Tempe community. Our partners rely on your service and welcome your presence, which keeps our stores and the community a safe and welcoming place.