• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Halo 2

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Middle of Nowhere
TODAY!! ITS TODAY NOT TOMORROW

https://www.delish.com/food-news/a24517081/starbucks-free-reusable-cups/

With any holiday drink!

starbucks-holiday-2018-cups-4-jpg-1541091074.jpg

Aurongel

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I will test this myself in three hours and report back with my findings.

louiedog

Oct 25, 2017
I was thinking I'd go do this, then I remembered I got rid of 3 reusable bottles and cups earlier this year because I don't need them.

Raza

Nov 7, 2017
Ohio
The discount is after 2 PM, that's the kicker. I get most of my coffee from 7AM-noon.

Dreamwriter

Oct 27, 2017
Of course, they are only giving away the boring plain red cup. If you want the ones with actual designs on them you have to pay up.

Isn't it free if you buy a drink?
Yup, you gotta buy one of the holiday drinks to get the cup. Then if you bring back that cup you get a $.50 discount on those same holiday drinks until January 7, as long as you buy it after 2pm.

RDreamer

Oct 25, 2017
Don't give a shit about the 50 cents off since these holiday drinks are crazy calorie bombs I get maybe once every 6 months, but I might grab this today since I wouldn't mind a new reusable cup around the house. How's the quality on em?

Lukar

Unshakable Resolve - Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
A free cup? That goes against the modern capitalistic perception of Christmas! People should be buying it, not getting it for free! STARBUCKS IS WAGING WAR ON CHRISTMAS

Denamitea

Nov 1, 2017
I've got one already but that's a cool promotion. At least if people don't just end up tossing them after using them.

Subba

Banned
Feb 23, 2018
I'm assuming the cup is the same one they sale in stores for $2, just recolored.

ciD_Vain

Nov 28, 2017
Los Angeles
They're grande (16oz), made of recycled plastic. After that, you get 50 cents off a holiday beverage after 2pm or 10 cents off any beverage any time.
(I work at a Starbucks)

Oct 30, 2017
The reusable cups were sold out when I went to my local Starbucks (10:45am ET). They had $2 ones I could buy that would yield the same 50 cents off deal but I declined

Carbon

Deploying the stealth Cruise Missile
Oct 27, 2017
Picked one of these up this morning, there was a long line behind me and I got the third-to-last one at that particular store. My guess is they did not send out too many.

Probably not going to use it for too many holiday beverages this holiday season, but glad I got one. That peppermint mocha is mad tasty.

Wowfunhappy

Oct 27, 2017
Yup, you gotta buy one of the holiday drinks to get the cup. Then if you bring back that cup you get a $.50 discount on those same holiday drinks until January 7, as long as you buy it after 2pm.

Lol, that is the stingiest promotion ever.

Like, it would be one thing if they were just giving you an own-cup discount to encourage environmentally friendly behavior, but making it valid only between certain dates for certain drinks at a certain time of day? All to save 50 cents?

Oct 30, 2017
Lol, that is the stingiest promotion ever.

Like, it would be one thing if they were just giving you an own-cup discount to encourage environmentally friendly behavior, but making it valid only between certain dates for certain drinks at a certain time of day? All to save 50 cents?
Wegman's Grocery Store, which I assume is regional, does exactly this. The cup is $3 but you get a free coffee or tea with it that first time. Then whenever you refill it, 50 cents off. Year round

dpanim

Oct 27, 2017
Just went to the Starbucks beside my work, they said they sold out of them at around 6:30am, 30 mins after they opened. Oh well, got my cappuccino and left.

Xbox Live Mike

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 29, 2017
USA
I don't drink coffee but I have $60 in starbucks gift cards, hopefully I cant get one of those cups with a hot chocolate,

Deleted member 8861

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I went to 2 places, both had run out. In class rn but I'll go see if one other place near me has it, in 2 hours or so

Casualcore

Jul 25, 2018
I'll find out on lunch. That Chestnut Praline Latte back?

I got a praline latte. Not sure if it was Chestnut though.

Some kid right before me got the last red cup. It was minutes after 11. But they offered me the plain white reusable cup so I accepted that. They'd already made my drink in it, so, sure, whatever. That red cup was pretty. Oh well.