• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Moebius

Oct 28, 2017
So you only get experience for your first win of the day as ANY of the 3 races, not EACH race? Last year you could get the win bonus for each race once per day. It's too much of a grind now only getting the bonus once.

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
WCS Finals really showing off SC2 at its best: battles all across the map between modular, flanking, mobile armies. More of this pls.

Dumb thought experiment: Would Colossi being able to attack air be OP? I know all the big anti-air air units wouldn't incur the +light attack bonus, but there are so many interactions even so...

OP
OP
demosthenes

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Sc2 has been on a hiatus since blizzcon.

We just got a balance patch and home story cup is going on this weekend. Tune in for shenanigans!

Karl2177

Oct 25, 2017
Does anyone else get an achievement that pops up whenever you go online? For some reason the Phase Smith Commander achievement reaquires itself every time I come online.

Syf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Take sounds really happy with how this event went, HSC 19 seems like a lock and he wants to try to take HSC 20 overseas to Vegas.

Syf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Another great event in terms of viewership too, highest average viewers ever for HSC

That final was great. God king Serral is the storyline going into 2019 and I can't wait.

Syf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Already talked to my buddy and we're gonna go if things fall into place. I definitely want to

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Pity that. Pondering about possibly getting the next War Chest and the Forged bundle to go with it. Tal'darim look pretty cool. But then again, i don't play much SC2 really so not sure. Larger discount would be attractive, the skin packs are ridiculously priced IMO.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Lol, had amusing luck in the LOTV prologue's first mission. Approaching the final holding cell, my forced drew attention of the zerg AI... who then proceeded to follow me to the holding cell, killing my forces but also the terran enemies AND destroying the cell, winning the mission for me!

Cort

Nov 4, 2017

Cort

Nov 4, 2017
Wcs has been region locked for 2 years. Nothing has changed to my knowlwdge.

Oh no, I want it unlocked. The Korean scene has been torpedo'ing downward ever since KeSPA dissolved, pretty much the only reason I wanted region locking in the first place back in the day. But now that there aren't any team houses or anything in Korea, they no longer have that advantage and now they're at a disadvantage when foreigners can compete in WCS and GSL but Koreans can only compete in GSL. It's super silly.

OP
OP
demosthenes

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Oh no, I want it unlocked. The Korean scene has been torpedo'ing downward ever since KeSPA dissolved, pretty much the only reason I wanted region locking in the first place back in the day. But now that there aren't any team houses or anything in Korea, they no longer have that advantage and now they're at a disadvantage when foreigners can compete in WCS and GSL but Koreans can only compete in GSL. It's super silly.

Besides serral, the koreans > non-koreans stills exists. If there was no region locking the scene wouldn't be growing the way it is in eu and na.

Syf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
So I watched for 20 mins and got the notice to claim xp. Clicked it, checked, got 50k xp. Another 20 mins got the notice again. Checked, this time it subtracted 50k exp. So I'm back where I started. Seems good.

OP
OP
demosthenes

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
I thought I activated the ext. on twitch but it still says I need to do it. It's installed, what else do I have to do Syf?

Syf

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
USA
Along the bottom of the streaming video in the middle you'll see a little box that says war chest. Click that and grant access. You should start getting pop-ups on the side telling you there's xp to claim. Claim that and it should show up in-game right away.

And the issue I was having was just a display error it seems. When I restarted the game all of my xp was there.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Testing Zeratul in Co-op. Holy hell, this is ridiculous. One could probably play on hard right away with this guy, so powerful.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I play on normal when trying new things. Don't want to be a load while learning basics of how something plays.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I had imagine Tychus would be weird and out of place due to Starcraft's large armies style, and hence not particularly fun.
I do like hero units (Alarak and Fenix are both quite fun) but they have armies, and only hero units sounds weird.
But nah, it just works, somehow.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ended up buying this guy, too much fun!
Bought Alarak and Fenix before this, and got Stukov from SC:R. Fenix was something of a misstep, was before F2P so i didn't get to test him first. Still pretty fun, but probably wouldn't have bought him if i had tried him out. Stukov has been my favorite so far, love the combined zerg/terran style along with ridiculously massive army. And Alarak's just plain hilarious.
Wish Blizzard could make new commanders faster. There's a ton of characters who'd be interesting. Heck, might throw in some villains as well! Mengsk, Duran (human, not Narud), DuGalle (in as much as he was a villain) would be rather interesting. Then there are good guys left, like Tassadar, Razagal. Yeah, dead, but that's evidently doesn't matter, for Tychus and Zeratul are in.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Has anyone here bought the Warchest? How easy it is to unlock the skins? Can I just leave Twitch playing a Starcraft 2 stream in the background and it will still count as exp to unlock all the skins?

Sovereign

Alt-Account
Banned
Dec 26, 2018
Yeah I have it. It's very easy to level and you can leave a stream on so long as you're able to click the button to claim the XP. The XP reward is 50k per ~20 mins, which is pretty great.

shoptroll

May 29, 2018
You can also grind XP by cheesing AI in Custom at the lowest difficulty. You get a solid bonus for each win of the day per race which usually translates to about 2.75 levels a day. I've been able to do this in about 15-20 minutes for the last few war chests.

You also get some bonus XP by doing at least one co-op mission a day if that strikes your fancy.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks for the replies guys. Bought it and I have been 'watching' some Twitch streams while doing something else.

Also, another question: only bought the Zerg Warchest, but if I buy the Terran and Protoss later, do they share the same exp as the Zerg one?