• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 2507

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I find myself annoyed at lack of transport options in Co-op.
This applies especially to Artanis. His forces are generally speaking rather slow, so some Warp Prisms would be very nice indeed. And he got Reavers, moving those around with Warp Prisms would be lovely.
Alarak does have transports but ironically he is one commander who doesn't really need them, with reasonably mobile army. They're useful for the power field but nothing else really. Really doesn't help his robotic units are kinda pointless.
Zeratul has those wormhole things but they're not available within F2P limit.
Swann has Hercules but frankly he doesn't seem to be particularly interesting commander.

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Ok i changed my mind. Swann's kinda fun IF used tactically. Hercules full of Siege Tanks in tank mode with some Science Vessels following and repairing them is cool. Though i suppose another Hercules with SCVs for repairs (and maybe something for close-in defense) would be better as the Science Vessels can't do tactical jumps.

Deleted member 3208

Oct 25, 2017
Of the Co-Op commanders, the one I like most is Nova. Not having to deal with Supply Depots is a blessing. After her, Vorazun. Plan to buy Alarak later, and his announcer pack too. Need Q making snide comments while playing the game.

Last edited:

Deleted member 2507

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Artanis's max level upgrade is pretty good. A couple of pylons is enough to build everything you may want, and for warping in forces you can just use the deployable power field.
Still pity about lack of Warp Prisms, need to create new Scarabs in every attack because they're so slow...

I tried Nova but not sure i like her. Without upgrades, she is rather limited and thus annoying to use. Maybe she's better later but not too keen on leveling (or buying).
Don't like that she can't build additional nukes either. My preferred method with Ghosts is to build a lot of nukes and constantly use them. Can't use this in co-op, bleh.

Vorazun could use some transportation as well. Would like to move Dark Templar around and do sneaky strikes... though given that the computer really loves keeping detection around, not much of chance for this really.

PGamer

Nov 28, 2017
https://news.blizzard.com/en-us/starcraft2/22871520/deepmind-starcraft-ii-demonstration

When we last checked in with Deepmind, Oriol Vinyals stepped on to the BlizzCon 2018 stage to share the exciting progress their AI had made in StarCraft II. The AI, or agent, was able to perform basic macro focused strategies as well as defend against cheesy tactics like cannon rushes.

It's only been a few months since BlizzCon but Deepmind is ready to share more information on their research. The StarCraft games have emerged as a "grand challenge" for the AI community as they're the perfect environment for benchmarking progress against problems such as planning, dealing with uncertainty and spatial reasoning.

On January 24, at 10:00 AM Pacific Time, head over to StarCraft's Twitch channel or Deepmind's YouTube channel to learn what developments have been made. You won't want to miss it!

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
Wow, really impressive AI work that makes the Dota 2 evolutionary bots look quite green. Mana played brilliantly, and eventually found the classic AI pain point: make the lowest-effort feint that still inspires an overreaction from the AI.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
https://www.reddit.com/r/starcraft/...l_is_redistributed/?utm_source=reddit-android

I WILL BE IN KOREA DURING THE SUPER TOURNAMENT. I need to figure out how to go!

Omg that's awesome!

It's super easy to get to any event, just follow the crystal clear instructions Tasteless and Artosis give on occasion during the broadcast. Hop in a subway from wherever and then look for the signs to make sure you don't miss your stop. Couldn't be easier!

I am soooooooo glad GSL is back soon. I only recently realized there's been a void in my "wasting time watching YT/Twitch" life that wasn't getting filled.

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
Super LTTP, but what are people's favorite games from the last WCS? I'm watching the finals right now so tiny spoilers don't matter that much lol

Oct 26, 2017
Mushroom Kingdom
I am soooooooo glad GSL is back soon. I only recently realized there's been a void in my "wasting time watching YT/Twitch" life that wasn't getting filled.

i know that feel. ASL has been my substitute drug of choice lol

Super LTTP, but what are people's favorite games from the last WCS? I'm watching the finals right now so tiny spoilers don't matter that much lol

GSL S3 Code S finals is one of the most epic battles of all time

Ty4on

Oct 25, 2017
Norway
I watched the GSL finals and remembered that I watched it so I got confused as to why I didn't remember seeing the WCS 😅

It's been so long that I probably thought there had been more stuff I had missed

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Tasteless saying "to explain what artosis just said" and then basically repeating it verbatim but dumbing it down slightly? GSL is back baby!

Oct 25, 2017
I'm overjoyed to see MC back in the mix. It's his first Code S since he fell out of groups in July 2016 (which was already after his official retirement) and he managed to get his call-up for military service, originally scheduled for this month, delayed so he can keep playing in the event he advances.

All right, we didn't know MC's form going into this, but I really don't think anybody thought he would put in such a dominant opening performance against Stats, of all people. Against almost anybody else, maybe. Fantastic game sense for when and where to attack, like in the old days.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
Well, it was exciting while it lasted. MC's PvT already looked a bit sloppy against GuMiho and, remarkably, I think he would have had a better shot at advancing from a rematch with Stats in the elimination match than against Cure. Not something I expected to say coming into this group. Hopefully we get to see a good run out of him later in the year before he's off to the military.

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
Tuned in only to realize Scarlett was playing tonight? Guess I'm staying up stupid late.

Oct 25, 2017
Between Maru and Scarlett's group and the Nintendo Direct, my schedule is all out of whack this week.

Pretty hilarious loser's match in Ro32 Group E tonight, if not exactly good StarCraft. (The running time of the VOD speaks volumes.) The last game in Group D last week was entertaining as well, while we're on the subject of the kind of, er, unconventional play you don't see so often in the later rounds.

Excellent elimination match in Group E, too; I haven't followed every group but this was a quality series, perhaps my favourite one of this season so far.

Scarlett and herO. Well worth watching, with some great plays and dramatic tech switches on both sides, but ultimately coming down to some sharp decisions to commit to the attack.

Last edited:
OP
OP
demosthenes

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Yeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeesssssssssssss. At this mornings results.

Sorry I'm not posting like I did group a, I'm working 14 hour days, hopefully will catch up this weekend.

Oct 25, 2017
I don't follow the community/streaming side outside of the big tournaments that closely, but for those invested in SC2, this Pylon Show conversation about the recent Blizzard layoffs is absolutely essential. The game has an alarming and uncertain road ahead.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
Alive vs. Hero was siiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiick.

Alive was very salty. Don't usually see the Koreans refuse handshakes.

OP
OP
demosthenes

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Rip the only terran in group a, lol.

Ugh I hate I'm working 14 hour days and that this sc2 is so early.

calder

Oct 25, 2017
Can't believe I missed soo vs serral

Saw the result on the steam but still can't wait to catch the vod on YT it something