• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Yunsen

Oct 25, 2017
Crazy first semifinals.

Classic had that series 4-0 if he went immediately after Trap's production in game 2.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
Second semis in GSL and some Serral goodness in the WCS Challenger tomorrow.

Cool to see Homestory Cup list starting to fill out as well. Got a some good Koreans coming in again as well with Zest, Bunny, Solar and soO being announced so far. Solar and Bunny were a riot in the previous HSC.

OP
OP
demosthenes

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
YEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEES, so glad Dark won. Hopefully he wins it all.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
Oh shit. An extra WCS tourney here in Finland

They also note that it is NOT region locked, so maybe some point thirsty top Koreans will show up as well? Edit: I guess not, since apparently they only hand out points for Circuit players.

Last edited:

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
Excellent, excellent finals.
Fuck yeah, Dark!!!! He showed some crazy moves, especially that inspired roach burrow flank trapping the immortals and that last drop lord / nydus combo.

Oct 25, 2017
I didn't follow this season as closely as the last and have been out of the loop with all the fuss around Protoss balance, but Dark was so, so overdue. A lot of aggressive technical builds and cheeses flopping left and right tonight, but Game 5 was a particular treat, with how he whittled down Trap's near-hold with those Immortals. Very well deserved for someone who has looked like the Zerg-in-waiting for so long, after Rogue, Serral, and even soO claimed their major championships.

OP
OP
demosthenes

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Finally watching. I love these intro interviews. Trap: I don't care who my opponent is, they don't matter. :lol

Sibylus

Oct 25, 2017
If a Starcraft III ever surfaces, I'm hoping the co-op mode will return, as it's easily my favourite mode in the game. (Never been into competitive SC.)
If nuBlizzard aren't into making campaigns anymore, the co-op mode would nonetheless round the hell out of SC3 and make a live service game a lot less dead on arrival.

Vimes

Oct 25, 2017
Reynor is a happy boy. Great play from him and it's good to see another WCS streak broken.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
All glory to Reynor for scoring his biggest win so far, but as a Serral fan, that final series was kind of weird and uncomfortable thing to watch. He seemed to throw the towel in quite early in the first game, basically threw game 4 and took oddly bad fights in both game 5 and 6. It all just felt quite off. The Winter finals were far more entertaining.

Doomguy Fieri

Nov 3, 2017
A couple weeks ago he tweeted about having to skip an event because doctors found an infection during an examination. Didn't seem life threatening, just not the kind of thing that could be ignored for a weekend of casting. He was such a larger than life guy. The first money I ever spent on esports was a subscription to NASL specifically because InControl was such an awesome caster. This is a massive loss for his friends and family but also for the entire Starcraft 2 and esports community. Geoff was a titan. En Taro Geoff.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
Bought my tickets to Assembly, so I'll be in the audience this weekend! I'll miss the start due to work thursday, but I got friday and saturday off.

Now to think of something portable that I can use to honor InControl in the crowd.

OP
OP
demosthenes

demosthenes

Oct 25, 2017
Bought my tickets to Assembly, so I'll be in the audience this weekend! I'll miss the start due to work thursday, but I got friday and saturday off.

Now to think of something portable that I can use to honor InControl in the crowd.

Awesome, can't wait to hear about it. I'm working Thursday but have Friday and Saturday off as well. Will be watching from ny.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
Jesus the stand looks so empty for the later games when no Finns are playing. I'm finally heading over to the site myself. I should reach it at or near the start of the 2nd half of the games.

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Didn't even realize that ROG tourney was being held in Assembly. Did you see any of the compos Baalzebup ?

Jesus Christ that game.

Last edited:

capitalCORN

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I must admit I'm utterly unfamiliar with the term compo(s). I've been in the audience for every main stage game after the 2nd half of the 1st day started.
If it's the Assembly I l know of, it's the 'demo' competition of legend. 'Demo' being like a slice of ridiculous programming brought to life visually (yes, it's fucking great. Maybe I'm wrong.

Baalzebup

Oct 25, 2017
If it's the Assembly I l know of, it's the 'demo' competition of legend. 'Demo' being like a slice of ridiculous programming brought to life visually (yes, it's fucking great. Maybe I'm wrong.
Then no, I haven't seen anything of that sort. I've wandered around a bit and taken a look at this and that, but the tournament schedule has been keeping me mostly glued to or near the SCII stage.

Seeya

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So I hear that TvP is fun and exciting since the changes? Not that it was broken or boring before.

Oct 25, 2017
Just announced at the end of GSL: BlizzCon Ro16 groups are going to be in the GSL studio in Seoul this year. Nice to have it audience-accessible again after the quiet studio broadcasts from previous years, and not booked directly against the other pre-BlizzCon e-sports programming. Also great to see the foreign players get a chance to play there, too, now that these days they only ever get to experience the Korean audience in GSL vs. The World (apart from the regulars like Scarlett and SpeCial).