• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
Oct 25, 2017
Better load times, rumble added to Joycon...don't know what else.
Tried unsuccessfully looking for the official thread.

PaulLFC

Oct 27, 2017
Awesome news.

Looking forward to playing more of this, enjoyed the little I've had chance to play so far.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
Who here also owned this on PC prior to Switch? I stopped playing on Steam after maybe 15 hours. Didn't really hook me long term but thinking maybe the portable nature of the game might be better. Any thoughts?

Been debating on picking this up for a while and looks like now might be a good time.

Dingens

Circumventing ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
I would assume they also fixed the fridge-bug, right?

Johnny

Oct 28, 2017
Not that I need it, but there's something about the smell of a fresh update out of the oven that makes me want to fire up a game again.

Better load times is a nice plus, rumble too.

Johnny

Oct 28, 2017
i never understood why it took 20 minutes to load after every single day.

There's a lot of stuff to save. The state of the world doesn't get reset periodically and you can change the state of a ton of tiles. That's more information to write than most games need to in order to save progress.

Ronnie Poncho

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
Hopefully they've fixed the crash at the end of days. Ruined hours of gameplay to me as I'd have to repeat the same groundhog day several times.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Hopefully they've fixed the crash at the end of days. Ruined hours of gameplay to me as I'd have to repeat the same groundhog day several times.

yup. But that one was easily avoidable and a non-issue once you had all of your tools fully upgraded

• Players should see a significant improvement on save times! Also, the saving screen is now animated.
  • The new video recording feature is now supported!
  • When a controller connects or disconnects, the Controller Support Applet now appears to ask which controller you want to use to play the game, instead of silently switching to the new controller.
  • The game now detects Simplified / Traditional Chinese environments on first start up and defaults to the Simplified Chinese localisation instead of English.
  • Fixed issue that created the unintended ability to skip saving at night with a well-timed button press.
  • Fixed an issue causing the player character (and sometimes important NPCs) to appear off-screen during certain cutscenes.
  • Fixed a temporary soft lock that occurred when the player pressed A and B together while eating or drinking an item.
  • Fixed a way for players to temporarily lose access to essential tools via the chest interface's organize button.
  • Fixed the Wizard's slay monster quest sometimes asking you to kill 0 monsters.
  • Fixed a crash that sometimes occurred while sleeping (before saving) if any essential tools were not in your inventory at the time.
  • Fixed the wrong tooltips sometimes appearing on the bundle interface in the Community Center area.
  • Fixed the inability of players to drop items without deleting them when using the cursor mode that snaps to UI elements.
  • Morning music is no longer looped endlessly, and now fades out during the day as it should.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when opening the journal with no quests.
  • Fixed occasional inability to select certain items in the crafting menu.
  • Fixed a crash that occurred when pressing the '-' button when playing a minigame at the Saloon.
  • Fixed button controls for the Prairie King minigame shooting in the wrong direction.
  • Fixed occasional left channel audio crackling
  • Fixed lack of vibration in handheld mode

i just recently went back to playing the game, just completed the community center. full hearts with every villager except for Kent, It's almost Winter, year 2 and i'm starting to get super rich.

Definitely going for all the ingame achievements.

None of the fixes really affect me. I play with the sound off, never had lock-ups, wasn't bothered by the save times and avoided the fridge bug. But it's good they're all ironed out now.

PetrCobra

Oct 27, 2017
i never understood why it took 20 minutes to load after every single day.
Wasn't it more like one minute though? I remember it being quite long but not THAT long.

Anyway, bad timing for me to return to the game with XC2 releasing but good news for whenever I have the time for it.

Edit: yay for fixing the audio issue! I was playing with the music off because it dramatically reduced the crackling.

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Wasn't it more like one minute though? I remember it being quite long but not THAT long.

Anyway, bad timing for me to return to the game with XC2 releasing but good news for whenever I have the time for it.
Uhm, for me it was like 30 seconds.
Which is admittedly long for "saving" (long enough that you might wonder if your system locked up - hence the tooltip on the bottom telling you not to turn off your system), but certainly nowhere close to one or even 20 minutes :/

just checked a let's play

saving starts:

5hmnOGa.png

saving done:

zZdMuBH.png

PetrCobra

Oct 27, 2017
Uhm, for me it was like 30 seconds.
Which is admittedly long for "saving" (long enough that you might wonder if your system locked up - hence the tooltip on the bottom telling you not to turn off your system), but certainly nowhere close to one or even 20 minutes :/
Maybe Dipro meant to say 20 seconds...

Vivi

Nov 10, 2017
Is video recording just 30 seconds like other Switch games or is it longer?

Ja-

The Fallen
Oct 30, 2017
Thank god for better loading times. Coming from the PC version the load times were unbearable for me

Fliesen

Oct 25, 2017
Exaggerated comment for effect.

I get that, but we're talking about the "loading" (saving, actually) times you get once per ingame day - each of which lasts 13 real time minutes, that is if you don't spend ANY time in menus / your inventory (which pauses the ingame timer). So realistically, we're looking at 20 seconds every 15 minutes, which yes - was certainly 'needlessly' long (compared to other platforms) - but this ain't no Bloodborne, either.

Though it would certainly get more bothersome once you enter the late game, where some tend to just get up, do some farm business, go back to bed, because any other activities (friendships, community center, 'dungeons') have been completed.