• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

syth

Oct 25, 2017
Couch co-op has never ever been on the radar.

I too wanted couch co-op the moment it was announced, but it was clear early on it would be online. So local wifi is great.

Oct 27, 2017
My wife plays it on PS4 while I have it on switch. When's it coming to PS4? I recall it being a one month switch console exclusive but could be wrong

Finny

Oct 25, 2017
This is almost certainly just porting over the co-op mode that was added to the PC version not terribly long ago. I don't know if they have plans for a local co-op option for consoles, but I'd expect that if it is on the roadmap, that it'd show up sometime after online co-op is out on all systems.

AkimbOb-omb

Oct 30, 2017
Have the game on Switch since launch but never touched it. Too much games to play. Maybe a good time to dive in :)

Radishhead

Oct 30, 2017
I don't think split-screen co-op was ever hinted? My girlfriend and I are loving the Switch multiplayer so far.

Kaeden

Oct 25, 2017
US
This seems like an incorrect expectation. Sure it'd be nice, but why buy it thinking it would happen?

ZudaPop

Dec 3, 2018
slightly unrelated...but this wait for the PS4 multiplayer patch is killing me. Anyone have an idea what the ETA is?

Council Pop

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How would split screen co-op even work? Especially in terms of audio.

Fisty

Oct 25, 2017
What's the delay on PS4/XB1 for? Just longer cert?

I was hoping for couch co-op as well, but thought it wasnt happening because it's kinda based on PC version. I suppose couch co-op for consoles is less likely since he cut his publisher loose

How would split screen co-op even work? Especially in terms of audio.

Same-screen couch co-op could work fine based on the design that was there since day 1, with a few tweaks obviously

Link the Hero

Jul 5, 2018
The Switch version is sometimes stuttering since the update. I'm not even speaking of the multiplayer mode. It's even stuttering in the single player mode. How is it possible that it's running worse after an update?

Raboon

Oct 30, 2017
I bought my gf a Switch just for Stardew Valley, so we plan on getting started during Christmas. Sucks for everyone with only one Switch tho.. never really expected couch coop to be available either.

Oh and the framerate issue is being worked on. Hopefully it'll be patched soon.

Kouriozan

Oct 25, 2017
I'm more disappointed that it was supposed to come with the French localization (since it did on PC) and yet it's still isn't here.