• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
I'd prefer to keep our options open, considering that focusing too much on one particular case could lose us the game.

If we're going to analyze votes it may be useful to summarize everyone's records;

Blarg
- D1: Ynnek7 (T)
- D2: Kalor (M)
- D3: Maolfunction (M)
- D4: NeonBorealis (T)
- D5: Maolfunction (M)
- D6: Aeleus/nin (T)
- D7: Z-Beat (T)

Only Stantastic (?) had an active vote on Blargonaut (?) when a phase ended, on D2.

Wee
- D1: Fireblend (T)
- D2: Aeleus/nin (T)
- D3: Verelios (M)
- D5: Aeleus/nin (T)
- D7: No vote

TearablePuns (T) and Aeleus/nin (T) had active votes on weemadarthur (?) when D5 ended. Razmos/EzekelRAGE (T), Z-Beat (T) and Aeleus/nin (T) too, by the end of D6.

Stu/Chuggs
- D1: Ynnek7 (T)
- D2: Kalor (M)
- D3: malus (T)

Nobody had an active vote on Stuart444/TheChuggernaut (?) by the end of a phase.

Donna/Reki
- D1: TearablePuns (T)
- D2: Lone_Prodigy (N)
- D3: Stantastic (?)
- D4: Maolfunction (M)
- D7: No vote

Only Aeleus/nin (T) had an active vote on empressdonna/Reki (?) when a phase ended, on D2.

Stan
- D1: malus (T)
- D2: Blargonaut (?)
- D3: malus (T)
- D5: Aeleus/nin (T)
- D6: No vote

Only empressdonna/Reki (?) had an active vote on Stantastic (?) when a phase ended, on D3.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah but if stan is scum i'm gonna throw things at the game runner, cause wow

Whereas everyone else is fair game.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Oh right, chuggs' vote record is why we think he's scum.
ok aftert hinking a while i'm on board with removing chuggs and then flipping a coin over reki/blarg by whoever is left. Stan? Any thoughts?
Sure, but im seriously doubting blarg is scum after everything, so for me its just chuggs and reki, snd honestly i dont know if the order matters

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Hey I'm back

And exception: Blargonaut is not fair game as a suspect to be Mafia by simple fact that Yesterday LP confirmed my visit to him when I messaged him. That alone is proof I can't be the killer.

With one Mafia left that's evidence that I cannot be the final Mafia as the NK happened while I was with LP

But if you have further objections to that in the form of saying a last Mafia that is a Power Role might be able to execute both their Night-action AND their factional kill, then I'd challenge you by saying that's highly unlikely and overpowered.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Nah, they usually do that for the last mafia in a game, it's a poor argument. Yet.

vote: thechuggernaut

lessee

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
==== DAY 8 VOTES ====
Day Start

TheChuggernaut (1 votes)
TheChuggernaut - #3,024 #3,045
Blargonaut - #3,036 #3,038
weemadarthur - #3,055

Not voting: Blargonaut, Stantastic, Reki, TheChuggernaut

Post Counts:
Blargonaut: 41 TheChuggernaut: 30 Stantastic: 22 weemadarthur: 21 Reki: 8

Current Countdown:
ivpo2p05jd

Click here to go to the Vote Tool!

Day 8 ends, TheChuggernaut, the Vanilla Townie is eliminated
OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Yes, the new community center is exciting, but you can't stay up all night! Put the pitchforks down and go to bed.

TheChuggernaut has died!

Hello, and welcome to Pelican Town!

You are Krobus, the Vanilla Townie. Your only power is to vote (and to give the player more people to talk with, I guess).

You are aligned with Town and win when all threats against Town have been eliminated.

The game thread is here.
If you have any questions, please send a PM to Dr. Monkey or Pedro.
After reading this message, please reply to it to confirm you received it.

Good luck!

ATTENTION: Night 8 begins, and will end once the countdown below reaches zero or we receive all possible night actions, whatever happens first.
oqadl7gt42

Commands will be accepted until 2 hours before the start of the next day phase.

Day 9 begins, no one is eliminated
OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Bundle up, folks! It looks like it's going to be a snowy one. Better stay close to home just in case, and don't look too closely at any of the snow drifts.

No one has died.

DAY 9 BEGINS

Day 9 will end in:
jvod377a8j

Living players:

[He/Him] Stantastic|Stan - UTC+13
[They/She] weemadarthur|wee - UTC-4
[He/Him] Blargonaut - UTC+8
[They/Them] Reki - UTC-3

Majority is 3.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
or the real scum didnt kill anyone to make me think you might be scum that didnt kill anyone to make it look like you protected someone

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
4I3XmUO.gif

Thank you for reading. This post was made from 100% recycled GIF. Our best efforts were made to source this material as ethically as possible.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
i bet if i could be fucked going back through the game i could find some important evidence that would reveal who the last scum really is.

to bad i really cannot be fucked doing that

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
I thought Mafia!Reki was gonna waste you Stan Tonight; they kill you my biggest constituent, then somehow convince weemad to follow through on their doubt(s) they had stated about me and tick tick tick boom Mafia win

But this is some shit

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Fuck maybe they read what I posted in my own defense Yesterday about Mafia not being able to do their NK along with their individual Power too, they know all I can do is message so they refrain from killing, I message last Night and "choose to refrain from killing" because they see I like to gambit and so effectively use my modus operandi against me in like some kind of elaborate fork attack against both me and weemad's Role-claims since now it also looks like a Mafia!weemad could've "chosen to refrain from killing" to give their own Doctor claim more credence, all to instil doubt in both of us?

fuck this is next-level

Have I finally met my rival

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
OjfWzUU.gif

U2UoRsd.gif

yesssss

Now THIS is gameplay!!!

Thank you for reading. This post was made from 100% recycled GIF. Our best efforts were made to source this material as ethically as possible.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
i mean yeah, but now aint rally the time m8
Fuck maybe they read what I posted in my own defense Yesterday about Mafia not being able to do their NK along with their individual Power too, they know all I can do is message so they refrain from killing, I message last Night and "choose to refrain from killing" because they see I like to gambit and so effectively use my modus operandi against me in like some kind of elaborate fork attack against both me and weemad's Role-claims since now it also looks like a Mafia!weemad could've "chosen to refrain from killing" to give their own Doctor claim more credence, all to instil doubt in both of us?

fuck this is next-level

Have I finally met my rival
this just sounds like my idea but more self-centered.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
For the record I still think it's Reki. I refuse to be swayed by fear(s) of supervillainry, if this is a hoax then good move but good try

I dunno but I am for NOT Turbo'ing Today

Let's take it slow

waiting on weemad's thoughts

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
First thing I need to say; Blarg visited wee last night. I hoped for this to be more of a green check but I just saw the no-kill night and I don't know anymore. Did you still have shots, wee? I'll need a bit more time to think about it, that's surprising.

Second, let me admit, I lied. My apologies for that. I'm no Vanilla, but a Tracker. I claimed VT with the hope to finally find a good result on the last night without eating a NK. That's why I didn't fully commit to anything, to keep the suspicion on me intact.

I'll be fully claiming shortly - formatting is a bit of a mess right now - and just wanted to ask; did anyone notice the breadcrumbs? I believe wee did, and was extremely worried that they may call me out last phase because that'd meant not getting another shot at Tracking. Thank you for your trust, wee. If that was intentional.

And Chuggs, sorry you were lunched like that, but I have to admit that I'd probably ended voting you too. Hope Spec is comfortable!

By the way, what was the Ice Festival about then? Unless I missed something, that's still unsolved.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
[...] Second, let me admit, I lied. My apologies for that. I'm no Vanilla, but a Tracker. [...]

I'm guessing the final Mafia is a Tracker, as a support Role for their other Powers

Me being a Messenger, malus a Fruit Vendor, stan a Private whatever that Role was called I forget mod-confirmed Town via PM variant; that screams that we're useless Town Roles intended as interference to mess with scum's search for Town Power Roles

In this case to run cover for Natiko the Town Roleblocker and weemad the Town Doctor
8peLkN6.gif

Xkz9VL5.png

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Thanks Blarg, I hate double-posting and saved this draft earlier.

I'm Alex, the Tracker. With the help of the old Dusty I can track players at night, unlimited shots. I've been writing this post as stuff happened, that's why it's a bit too long. My apologies.

Got nothing but "No results" until last night, which is frustrating in a game with the kind of roles we've seen flip so far.

Donna tracked LP on N1, VA was my N2 target. A couple of things to clarify here;

Why VA? He was softing a PR in anything but subtle terms, you surely noticed posts like;
I'm going to further add: LP can definitely wait a day. I'd strongly suggest we don't vote there today.

What intrigued me was that he was talking about LP, the same player Donna targeted N1, but also giving some space to back off his stance;
I have my reasons for not wanting to vote LP today, though they may prove unfounded. We'll see what the farm looks like tomorrow after the sun rises.

So the question was, is this a gambit? Is he baiting the NK to die instead of logical targets like the Lovers? At first I just acknowledged the comment, but after going back and forth on this, finally decided that VA has played enough to know that doing that as, let's say, Vanilla, could waste important resources like protection from a Doctor. So I wanted to know what this all was about, and I put other targets in my "Investigate" preference so none - if I remember right - of the players that participated in that round put VA in there, which could have resulted in him abstaining from using whatever power he could potentially have. Put him in the Protect space just in case mafiosi caught that stuff and targeted him.

So yeah, curiosity. What about N3? Tracked Z-Beat mostly because of the "Haven't received a thing." dilemma. The Switcher could probably explain at least one night, but two was a bit too much. The caveat here was that he could be a Commuter or something like that, but I still wanted to take the risk.

Didn't go for Stan because after the re-read I noticed the overuse of "Neighbors" and thought he was breadcrumbing a Neighborhood. Quite different to what it actually was, huh. It's a NAI role but it was something that could be confirmed in the future and, more importantly, didn't move.

In the fourth night my target was Razmos. This one was tricky, since my top suspect was actually Mao. But after a re-read of the day I had the impression that Mao was suspected by most and as such;
a) Wouldn't execute the kill for fear of being investigated.
b) Would be probably lunched at D5.

And so instead of going for - unlikely to happen that night - evidence against him, I got a bit greedy and tried to get ahead and get something for the Razmos case after that super weird EoD. No results, which was a bit demoralizing to be honest, an influenced the tone of my first post the next day. That's why I left it at "it was noteworthy in my opinion." and one of the reasons as to why I voted Mao instead.

N5 was the Aeleus/nin night. I had looked through their posts a bit earlier in the day to better understand where did all these votes come from last phase, but what made me confident in picking them was actually the voting history. It's not really good, as I pointed out at the start of the phase, and I thought it could help to solve that case if I found anything there. Disappointment once again.

I'd been speculating that the mafia team had 4 members, and as such nin could potentially be the last one alive. If that was the case, he needed to execute the NK by himself, and investigating could net us a red check. "No Results" would be a town-confirmation if my speculation was right, with only one caveat that I mentioned in my other pre-typed post 15 minutes later; an eventual Ninja, which would make a lot of sense as a counter to a Tracker.

And so I didn't vote nin straight away. But TP theorized that Natiko could explain Z-Beat not receiving anything N1, and after checking Nat's stances it made sense. I trusted wee from earlier in the game - and they were kind of claiming - and Chuggs' changing stance on Maol wasn't enough for a case considering I couldn't see him bussing in that scenario. So nin was my vote.

N6 I picked TP. With the PoE closing in it was necessary to reconsider stuff and two things from D6 caught my attention;
- The push for someone who later claimed to be a Doctor. I thought maybe mafia had a Rolecop and identified wee N5, maybe they recently caught the breadcrumbs - that I never even saw - which explained the D6 case.
- The off-wagon vote. TP started the day here;
Here are my current scum leans. Working on priority:
  1. wee
  2. Donna/Reki
  3. Razmos/Zeke
  4. Blarg
  5. Z-Beat

And a few posts later goes:
Idk man, that is the weirdest day end of the entire game. Even counting the turbos.
Add on top of it that Z-Beat never received anything from Malus and Blarg....

VOTE: Z-Beat

And so the last candidate of his list suddenly is more suspicious than the first, someone he pushed for really hard. Not a good look.

But not only did I get no results, by the time I could check the day start he was the flip and I didn't even have time to post before EoD. I'll have surely ranted about this by the time this claim is posted.

I was more than a bit upset after that phase - although, truth be told, I'd have probably voted Z-Beat too, LP's vote analysis was that good - but N7 was key. The pool of players was small enough to have way better odds at actually getting an interesting result with a simple PoE. Stan is mod-confirmed and I didn't think Chuggs would bus a teammate when they're two down. I agreed with some of the earlier comments doubting that Razmos would go as far as to bus Kalor and Verelios in his first game in a while, so we're left with Blarg and wee.

Of the two, Blarg has at least a confirmed claim and as I defended many days ago, I didn't think it makes sense design-wise for him to be a mafiosi. So I went for wee, remembering TP telling me that they may be playing the long game.

No results. Bummer.

That's why I didn't push wee on D8, and suspected Blarg a bit more. As I said, at some point you have to re-think your stances on people with the pool being so small.

N8 was my last shot. wee didn't call me out and I mostly trusted them after that last result, even considering the chance of a Ninja. And so the last target after Chuggs' flip had to be Blarg.

He visited wee last night.

Then again there was no kill too so I'm totally lost on what to think here. This is literally the most useless I've been to town with a PR, I'm disappointed in myself and I just want this all to end.

Basically, if Blarg is mafia I don't know. If wee is mafia, they have to be a Ninja/have some sort of untrackable shots.

---------

Ok, one of my first posts after the rush of my close-to-EoD catch up;

To be honest I had a lot of trouble deciding on the first. Rather than a strong case I settled on Stan due to his lack of... "presence", dunno how to describe it. Almost too subdued so far, and his distrust for Blarg looks a bit too much like when he wanted to kill Sparks after a Lover claim recently. Could you comment a bit on this, Stan?

Keeping in mind that the odds of any given lunch being mVm shouldn't be super high, investigating LP could be a good way to give last EoD a closure. Especially considering he seems to be arguing about looking for mafia outside of his train, knowing if that argument comes from a town place would help me a bit with that and other players.

Right behind him goes Mao, if only to shed more light on some interactions, even if Blarg is practically confirmed in my eyes.

It sounded ok before posting but after a while I thought it was a bit too obvious and I panicked for a second thinking that I messed up for no reason. But some people suspected Donna/me, so the baddies wouldn't NK me, right? Well, I telegraphed the results just in case;

L4dJ5YT.png

4SNU6kH.png

OfRL9ST.png

x7OcFfk.png

Au3SxPM.png

D7 I couldn't even post, and D8 you were all suspecting me and I wanted to avoid the NK, as explained, so I didn't breadcrumb.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
I did in fact visit weemad last Night, copy/paste:

"Hello again. It's a shame that we keep meeting like this, but by being here speaking with you Tonight weemad, I hope this proves to you that I am not the killer. If you're the final Mafia, then I would like to congratulate you on an excellent game. Good luck"
- Blargonaut

ecxzR3q.gif

buuuuuuuuuuuuuuut usually I get a "Command received" reply from the host(s) once I submit my desired message to them for forwarding; for some reason(s) or other, I didn't get any such receipt last Night although the Day did seem to start once I submitted my move?

so yeah.

Host(s) pls kindly confirm if you can if me not getting a Command Receipt is a fluke or not, tried PM'ing you already but no response of yet. No need to reply to me in here for gameplay purposes though, just PM me back if that's not breaking anything thanks no rush it's cool I'm cool if you can't even I understand too just would like some attention is all you know how it is

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
[...] N8 was my last shot. wee didn't call me out and I mostly trusted them after that last result, even considering the chance of a Ninja. And so the last target after Chuggs' flip had to be Blarg.

He visited wee last night.

Then again there was no kill too so I'm totally lost on what to think here. This is literally the most useless I've been to town with a PR, I'm disappointed in myself and I just want this all to end. [...]
so

You've exonerated Stan by corroborating his mod-confirmation

You're Town-reading me by saying you saw me actively visit weemad on a deathless Night

And you think that if Town Doctor weemad is really Mafia then they're some kind of untrackable Ninja which would be like, conveniently your nemesis as an alleged Town Tracker which would justify your existence?

Who do you want to kill Today

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
weemad what's your stance on this

I don't buy Town-aligned Tracker at all. Reki I mean you basically admitted to being my concept art of the suspect

You've quite thoroughly explained yourself in your own defense but after all that it seems like you're afraid to challenge anyone Today, why?

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
And your defense... no results? At all except for last Night?

What about during the Maol hoax? We could still talk thanks to FEP's Power that Night I admitted the Poisoning was fake, did you consider Tracking me to see what I would do?

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
so

You've exonerated Stan by corroborating his mod-confirmation

You're Town-reading me by saying you saw me actively visit weemad on a deathless Night

And you think that if Town Doctor weemad is really Mafia then they're some kind of untrackable Ninja which would be like, conveniently your nemesis as an alleged Town Tracker which would justify your existence?

Who do you want to kill Today

In order of your sentences;

Yes, Stan is confirmed.

No. This one I don't get. Your theory that the last mafiosi alive can't use two powers at night runs counter-intuitive to how I've seen things done in other games here. So, if you're mafia, either;
- The kill was blocked.
- You choose not to kill.

That you visited wee on a deathless night doesn't confirm that you're town, unless I'm missing something here?

And a mafia!wee scenario would require for them to have a Ninja-like ability because I got no results for them in a night with a kill after three meanies were out (and we're all thinking of a team of four, if I'm right).

If I had to choose right now it'd be probably you.

You've quite thoroughly explained yourself in your own defense but after all that it seems like you're afraid to challenge anyone Today, why?

I'm not afraid, I'm busy and I'd love more discussion on both the night and the festival. What do you think happened with these?

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
After Reki saw that I visited you last Night, they're making a calculated risk now in admitting/claiming to be the Tracker despite me saying that that would likely be the last Mafia.

Weemad, now that you admit you've self-healed; it's either Reki tried to kill you last Night, which concurrently would mean they're scum that can both Track and do their factional Kill the same Night because they saw me visit you, but failed to kill you due to your self-heal. Or, they totally refrained from doing the NK to opt for strategically doing their Mafia Track instead, and then saw me visit you.

Either way, Reki saw me for a fact there's no way around that unless that was a very good guess; which, is actually possible because it stands to logic that I would try to kill my doubter and leave Reki alive to vote out with Stan's help if I was Mafia. Reki could've deduced this move play out in advance.

So if you want to know why I chose to message you weemad last Night; Stan seemed to consistently Town-read me now so I felt safe not bothering to msg him again. You however seemed to be harbouring doubts about me so you were my best target to prove who I visited last Night. I didn't choose to msg Reki for obvious reasons because they're my top scum.

I thought Reki was going to kill Stan my biggest supporter last Night and it would be a 3-way between you, me and Reki, with Reki trying to sway you to kill me.

and now we're here because Reki thinks

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Well that's embarrassing, was supposed to finish that last thought but forgot about because I didn't scroll down, oh mobile