• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Reki's claim seems plausible, certainly I didn't move after N4, although I can't recall when I shared that I was out of shots. I got blarg's message.

The question remains, what scum team mix is more likely, along with player behavior on kill/no kill choices.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
okay finally home

Gonna begin by saying Reki is playing me like a musical goddamn instrument.

Don't even bother casually building up your word count at me Reki you and I both know you're gonna vote against me Today, let's go "Town Tracker"

Firstly, there have been multiple past Nights that I have messaged other people and someone else died as the victim of Mafia. While yes, ordinarily this wouldn't sway favour for me either way, the past few Nights have had only one scum alive and multiple people have corroborated my alibis each Night as being with them and not having visited the singular victims those Nights. Now I don't really remember about past games and precedence for final scum wielding their Power plus their NK simultaneously; all I can state about that is my opinion that would be overpowered and that's it from my POV really. I'm telling you I'm not Mafia this game, I have no clue how their mechanics really work. I'm honestly telling you I'm a Town-aligned Messenger, 1 Night-action/Message per Night and yes, while I have been blatantly slippery and abusive in the use of my Power I have concluded my bullshit as transparently as possible and it has all been towards scum-hunting since the start

I was the one who soft-caught out Mafia!Maol with my shit, none of you believed me but it turned out I was goddamn right.

In the absence of any Protective Roles I fake-Bulletproofed consistent Town-read Razmos/Zeke; admittedly it was pretty obvious Blarg bullshit to anyone paying attention, but that was the Day I also insisted on announcing I was going to visit VA no matter what that Night. I was trying to see which one Mafia would go for, the obviously fake-Bulletproofed Town read or the 2nd most active post-count player that a player was taking advance responsibility for a Night-visit. My logic was that Mafia would find the VA shot-call irresistible but maybe they would be leery of such low-hanging fruit because of a potential Doctor, so they would play it safe and attack the bullshit-armoured Townie instead as an easy and valuable kill; at least this would softly tell me what their priority is in making decisions. It ended up they chose to kill VA, which is supposed to make me look REALLY REALLY BAD for allowing Mafia to hide behind a called shot; but then the next Day... NOBODY called me out for being accomplice to it? Even up until now I find that really strange, killing VA was a strategic move I handed to Mafia on a silver platter to start making a mislunch case against me... but NOBODY said anything against me after VA died? That Mafia who killed VA HAD to understand the strategic value in scumtellifying Blarg by killing VA after I set it up for them, but they execute and DON'T follow-up against me? The last Mafia who is responsible for that kill is between us 4, and after watching you 3 play this game and now looking back on the VA kill: Mafia!Stan would be the outgoing type to capitalise on that. Mafia!weemad too I feel would've said something, that's FREE AMMO against me. But Mafia!Reki? Reki has been so cautious this game. They jump in with reads and meander. Mafia!Reki seems just like the type to capitalise on an opportunity to destroy a player's reputation but then reserve that for later use if at all. Over-cautious. Today is the final Day and still they haven't said anything about it. The Mafia who killed VA knows why they did it and that was to frame me. So why haven't they used that against me yet? I'm telling you this fits Reki's gameplay personality to a T. WHY DIDN'T THEY CAPITALISE ON THEIR KILL??

I fake-Hated weemad to try and bait the last Mafia into a false hammer to glean a scumtell in someone trying to end a Day early.

LP the Day before he exited the game at that Day-end he outright dared Mafia to visit him that last Night he was with us; I chose to visit his ass with a msg despite the risk he might be a Veteran. Low risk but it was there. LP confirmed I visited him the next Day. Do you really think I would take lethal risk checking out even a shitty throwaway bluff by visiting a taunting player if I were the final Mafia? I did that shit for Town because I'm Town.

If you look at Reki's claim in the big picture frame, it is abundantly clear to me they're a Mafia Tracker. TOWN TRACKER SIMPLY DOESN'T MAKE SENSE WITH THIS GAME'S BALANCE, MIX OF POWER ROLES. So we have:

Town Lovers,
Town Party Host,
Town Doctor,
Town Roleblocker,
"Town Tracker",
Town Fruit Vendor,
Town Messenger
Town ModPM-confirm 1-shot Messenger
Town Commuter

vs.

Mafia Switcher,
Mafia Strongman,
"Mafia Ninja" (as Reki suggests the last Mafia is)

WHY WOULD YOU HAVE THAT MANY TOWN MOVERS BUT HAVE A TOWN TRACKER????

MAFIA WOULD NEED TO HAVE THE TRACKER TO MAKE SENSE OF ALL THOSE JAYWALKING NONSENSE TOWN POWERS SO THEY CAN KILL THE ONES THAT MATTER, THE DOCTOR, THE ROLEBLOCKER AND THE COMMUTER

LOOK AT ALL THE FLIPS, DO YOU THINK A SINGLE SWITCHER IS JUSTIFICATION FOR A TOWN TRACKER? A SINGLE ROLE THAT SWITCHES 2 PLAYERS VERSUS FOUR---

ONE
TWO
THREE
FOUR

DISTINCT USELESS TOWN MOVERS???

AND THEN REKI SUGGESTS THAT WEEMAD OR THE LAST MAFIA IS A NINJA??????? BUT TRACKER IS USELESS AGAINST NINJA ANYWAY, WHY INCLUDE A NINJA IN THIS GAME AGAINST A TOWN TRACKER WHO CAN'T EVEN DO ANYTHING AGAINST A NINJA?!?!?!

REKI I'M THE MAYOR

YOU CAN'T PATENT LIFE

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
in fact mafia chose NOT to kill.

which player would do that?
3y6UGs3.gif

I'm telling you it wasn't me who didn't kill anyone, IT WAS REKI

I DIDN'T NOT KILL ANYONE THIS TIME

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Is your whole argument that a town tracker would be of a huge benefit to town? Because thats not really an argument, a town power role can exist for neutral or even negative utility, introduced more for the chaos snd confusion that may cause, ragher thsn straight solving.
Also you forgot to account for you being a scum messenger in this scenario, which would actually fit well with a town tracker wouldnt it.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Blarg trusting in his ability to argue more than his ability to actually have a solid deduction isnt anything new though, im not sure what to make of it.

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
Any post on a single sucject over 400 characters is an exercise in self congratulatory performativeness.
Or alchoholisim.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
bruv I've said my piece I'm not gonna waste your time with synonyms. My stance is mostly there. I don't think I can state my side in any better way(s) but that's not a promise maybe there's still some clarity in me for later.

But I'm telling you and weemad I'm Town. If you like losing the game as Town come on kill me then let's lose the game together

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Killing you would be the funnier option at least.
I enjoy funny. I asked the game runners to do a thing in the night that I doubly can't do, just to make their eyes roll out their sockets and out the door.

I still don't understand the whole VA thing. Blarg seems really hurt that we didn't take his bait on that one. But why should we? The whole thing sounded silly to me, which is why I never considered protecting VA.

anyway, either we have a mafia!reki or a mafia!blarg.

Nobody killed in the night.

reki kills wee, stan votes reki, blarg votes reki, reki dies.
reki kills stan, wee might do anything, blarg votes reki and reki votes blarg. But wee is already kinda against blarg.

blarg kills stan, reki votes blarg, wee may very well vote blarg.
blarg kills wee, reki votes blarg, maybe MAYBE stan thinks "huh if wee was the target maybe blarg rally is the last of us"

so who would go for the weird option of no kill and hang around to argue? Well let's see. Who IS here arguing?

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Just got home and ready to post again.

Blarg, there's some stuff in there I don't even understand - is "You can't patent life" a reference or something? - but since you said "Don't even bother...", I'll just point you to Stan's post #3108.

My suggestion of a Ninja is the only way I could explain a mafia!wee scenario, but I'm not proposing it as something super likely or anything - and that's why I'm not pushing them -. So let me ask, under the assumption that wee was the last mafiosi, how do you explain my no result on them on a night with a kill?

So if you want to know why I chose to message you weemad last Night; Stan seemed to consistently Town-read me now so I felt safe not bothering to msg him again. You however seemed to be harbouring doubts about me so you were my best target to prove who I visited last Night. I didn't choose to msg Reki for obvious reasons because they're my top scum.

I understand you suspect me and stuff, but I'm actually a little sad you never messaged me.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
[...] I understand you suspect me and stuff, but I'm actually a little sad you never messaged me.

Reki: I'M GONNA GET YOU THERE'S NOWHERE TO HIDE NOWHERE TO RUN BIG BUSINESS IS OVERHEAD I TOOK A HELICOPTER OVER THE FOREST AND WHAT DID I SEE EXCEPT TREES THROUGH THE CANOPY THAT'S MAFIA THAT'S YOU ACROSS THE LAND AND I OWN THE TOWN UPON IT LIKE IN YOUR DREAMS.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
In actuality, I submitted a self-heal last night.

Who wants to work THIS out?
in fact mafia chose NOT to kill.

which player would do that?
I've never been allowed to self target, lol.
submitting an invalid command doesn't change that.
So what did you Protect anyone last Night? Didn't you say you were x-shot before? What's the truth here?

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Please enlighten me with what you two are thinking because I find this incredibly excruciating when Mafia is RIGHT THERE

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
You make good points, Blarg, but it could be you too. Like, I defended you so hard when arguing with Stan a few phases ago but with the player pool being this small I need to start looking at other places.

The only caveat with Stan mod-confirmation is that the message says something along the lines - not exact since I don't want to be mod-killed - of Stan saying that he is town. The technicality could be what gives space for mafia!Stan but, to be honest, it still sounds like a bit of a stretch.
Sounds like Mafia!you regrets confirming Stan and you wanna introduce a seed of doubt there

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
[...] I'll be fully claiming shortly - formatting is a bit of a mess right now - and just wanted to ask; did anyone notice the breadcrumbs? [...]
Nope, not me. I lost all faith in them as a narrative device for reasons and stopped looking ever since

[...] By the way, what was the Ice Festival about then? Unless I missed something, that's still unsolved.
Santa doesn't exist

Stantastic

Oct 25, 2017
You can think of ME any way you like, but I'm afraid from my PoV, I already have a nemesis.
Oh, is it me? Is it me?

Iv always wanted a nemesis but i end up making enemies of everyone i meet equally.
Sounds like Mafia!you regrets confirming Stan and you wanna introduce a seed of doubt there
Nahh reki has been pointing this out the entire game, her first post corroborating me pointed out that phrasing

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
N7.

At the start of D8 - the following day - Zeke was dead.
Alright about this. So you say you Tracked weemad on N7, didn't see weemad move, and Zeke ends up dead. So you're insinuating that weemad can't be Mafia because you saw no movement from them the Night Zeke was murdered

Answer: you killed Zeke; you're lying about Tracking weemad or maybe you really did Track weemad because you're a newfangled dual-wielding ambidextrous can target 2 different people in 1 Night lone wolf upgraded for the hunt Mafia, totes.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Per the new pronoun rules (rule 8), Stantastic will be removed from the game, effective immediately. We are seeking a replacement and may extend the day phase of players request an extension.

We will let you know when a replacement has been found.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
We are about to post all the replacement stuff but while I get everything together, you may continue the game.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
Now if you don't mind, I'm going to do a bit of rereading this day phase so far now that I'm in game mode and not casually spectating on the thread mode.

lokiduck

The Fallen
Mar 27, 2019
Washington
My first impression now that wee has confirmed they didn't actually protect anyone tonight is that mafia may have avoided the kill as a really huge gambit hoping to sway the remaining townies into a mislunch and NKing to victory. XD