• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
I'm so sorry I missed the ending!! I've been in interviews all day. Great game, y'all, a real nailbiter. Everyone deserved this win, so I feel like the ending hardly matters. Everyone played so hard. We got a neutral win, a wild mafia turn, and town that almost ended it all quickly... amazing.

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
Just finished reading through Scum Chat, oh my fucking god I want to be Scum with Reki so bad now lol. Amazing posts in there, I love seeing that level of devotion to the game.

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
ZJn6Hgr.gif
EdoJOhF.gif

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
A lot of posts I didn't get a chance to reply to during the endgame and probs never will sry you'll never know

There's a lot more I could've countered esp. with regards to replying to Reki's megaposts, but reading the room with weemad and Standuck it came to a point to me that it was obvious their minds were made up against me, especially weemad's; that plus actual capitalist obligations hamstrung my presence and ability to make my argument more cohesive and persuasive I think, near the end

Felt like I was screaming at a closing door whilst being dragged away from it

And loki me begging at the end was just to annoy weemad, I was begging ironically

Fanto

Is this tag ok?
Oct 25, 2017
It was very fun to have you back Blarg, I missed the chaos excitement you bring to games! <3

Z-Beat

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
NOOOO

Ah well. Very well played, Reki. I would've never thought of that no NK thing

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Fanto I've always wanted a play-by-play breakdown of myself TY that was interesting. But you need more slow-mo instant replays

Reki, good job srsly. [EGO]I think you're the only player amongst our roster who's ever come close to the level of planning that I do as Mafia or otherwise.[/EGO] During this endgame, you also exercised the right amount of restraint in engaging the other 2 which I dunno if that was intentional or not or driven by nerves or fear but it worked and I talked myself up to death.[/EGO] You allowed yourself to be vastly underestimated and I can't describe how but probably it's because while this mobile screen is lit I can't see my own reflection in it.[/EGO] Anyway, good work you're in the big leagues now Reki use this rare opportunity to network and build rapport with the other established veteran [Mafia] players around here you never know when your meta legend will land you gainful unemployment like me Reki all I do is show up to these events and collect the checks Reki it's the [Mafia] dream you're following in my footsteps Reki I'm so proud my life is your life now

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Reki you can't exist at this level and not have a catchphrase now. Ask anyone all the top players in MafiEra have one

How about, "Get Rek'd!" Or "I'm gonna Rek' it!"

"All part of a balanced b-Reki!"

No it can't be original. No one buys that. References equal clout

Blargonaut

Oct 26, 2017
Well that was easily the worst fucking game i ever played, and that was before i ruined thing right at the end like an asshole.

Shout outs to loki for playing better in one day than i did in 3 weeks.

I think im going to just not play mafia for a bit.
Hey don't beat yourself up over it you know consider this as an opportunity to learn past your mistake(s) but also own them all like a true materialist

nin

Asked Politely
Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
Dr. Monkey Pedro
I want to apologize first for taking this long to respond and for taking up a space in the game and being a non entity therefore putting town in a disadvantage.

I should have known better and I regret my actions.

I apologize to you two aswell as to the rest of the players.

Reki

Oct 25, 2017
Dr. Monkey Pedro
I want to apologize first for taking this long to respond and for taking up a space in the game and being a non entity therefore putting town in a disadvantage.

I should have known better and I regret my actions.

I apologize to you two aswell as to the rest of the players.

Hey, don't feel bad about it. We all get busy/unexpected stuff at the worst times.

Hope everything's alright on your end!

Lone_Prodigy

Oct 25, 2017
I think having the game over the holidays affected activity. Quite a few replacements and some lunches were awfully quiet.

Still it seemed to go relatively smoothly. I think both teams were a bit uneven and made mistakes, but seemed to be pretty balanced. Town lost their RB and lovers early, but got a couple early scum lunches.

I did bring up my win condition with the game runners. I had to survive until Day 7 to win, and getting 3 guesses seemed impossible with the large player pool in the early going. Plus no survivor condition. Maybe having 2 guesses or a 1 shot BP would've made it a little easier.

Still had fun though and it's nice to carry myself to victory for once.

OP
OP
Pedro

Pedro

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
We and our reviewers thought during the design that making you guess 2 times was too easy so we opted for 3.

But we also expected the player to go on the offensive and not only guess who was likely to be killed in the next day, but steer Town towards killing them (even if your guess wasn't a likely lunch candidate). At least I only saw you pushing Town to kill your guesses on D5 (on D2 and D3 you guessed Tearable and Z-Beat and I don't remember seeing you trying to lynch them, and on D4 you unfortunately guessed Stan just as he got Town-confirmed :c).

And as the game went on, I would think "oh no, we gave LP a role that's too difficult, I feel bad about it :/". In hindsight, I'd have given you both the survivor wincon and a BP, but nonetheless I'm glad you pulled it off. I love to see my neutrals winning, just like when malus won as the Lyncher in Simon Says \o/

---

On the activity, I also thought the game was quiet at times, but it ended at 66 pages which is not bad at all so I'm satisfied!

And apology accepted, nin 🤗

Last edited:

Dr. Monkey

Oct 25, 2017
Yeah, I think a BP would have helped there but I'm amazed he did it. Was a great job. Pedro and I love to experiment with design when we're making games and this was something we both loved but we probably could have refined it a bit more.