• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Feb 22, 2018

ConcernedApe: "The free 1.3 multiplayer update is now available on Nintendo Switch. Have fun!"

I searched and didn't see a thread for this, and since this was a highly anticipated update, I thought it deserved its own thread.
Currently, there is no cross play, but I believe ConcernedApe (or was it Chuckle Fish that said it?) said that he is looking into it.

Last edited:
Oct 25, 2017
If you press the media button (should appear as a video camera above) while typing, you can insert the tweet URL to embed a tweet like this:

Lumination

Oct 26, 2017
How does the core gameplay lend itself to multiplayer? I'm assuming one player needs to have the host save file. Is there noticable online desyncing?

OP
OP
ThatRandomCliff
Feb 22, 2018
How does the core gameplay lend itself to multiplayer? I'm assuming one player needs to have the host save file. Is there noticable online desyncing?
Haven't tried it out yet, but I have watched some videos of it. It seems to work pretty well with multiplayer, you could (or another player) handle planting/ watering/ harvesting the crops while the other players (or you) could focus on clearing the cave as progress is shared between players. Or everybody could focus on a different task to help raise money/ profit or stylize the farm or clear the farm of trees or ect ect ect. A lot of things that can be done.

Vivian-Pogo

Jan 9, 2018
The online play for Stardew on PC has been a blast. It's much more relaxing than single player, because you can divide up the tasks with your friends and then have a lot more free time to chat and do whatever.

Yeah, one player hosts their online farm for others to join. There are moments when I see other players or npc's run real fast to catch up to where they should be, but overall it works really well.

ChrisD

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
OP
OP
ThatRandomCliff
Feb 22, 2018
My brother will be pretty happy about this. He has a few friends who were waiting for the game to gain multiplayer before buying it. This update also adds some more content besides just multiplayer.

B00T

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Gonna try the Switch multi tonight, Stardew multi is just a good, relaxing time.

The Last One

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Oh boy, I'll finally have to sign up to the Nintendo Online.

Fei

Oct 25, 2017
Looks like you'll need one Switch and one copy of the game for each player your playing with. Something to keep in mind for those who want to do coop in the same house. That said, really looking forward to this!

Kilbane65

Oct 27, 2017
Saw the banner on the eShop and came here to confirm the news. I can't believe there's no announcement of any kind from Nintendo considering their supposed early exclusivity on consoles for the multiplayer.
For me this comes at a really bad time cause Smash and Warframe are monopolizing my Switch time.

Weebos

Oct 25, 2017
Is there a way to pause when playing multiplayer on Switch?

I know PC can do /pause in the console, but I'm wondering if there is an option for console.