• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
Well after putting around 60 ish hours on PC, put again 50h on Switch, going to take a break from the game and wait for the new content, still one of my fav games.

Oct 25, 2017
My pigs are not mating, and it's driving me nuts. On my PS4 farm I can't keep my pigs away from each other, switch farm has pretty much surpassed my PS4 farm but I have to keep buying pigs cause I'm tired of waiting for them to make babies for me.

I've been really getting making a portion of my farm dedicated to slime, and having a ton of fun with it... glad I picked Abigail as my wife she has already requested an outside pen!

Oct 25, 2017
What can you get from slimes?
Not really much tbh aside from some slime resource, and a small amount of money from selling the petrified stuff or by selling the eggs. It's just been fun breeding. I have an all purple family in one building, and multi colour in the second (but they are mostly a pinkish in colour now). I want to fill my outside pen with purples so I'm just hoping to get some purple eggs soon.

Last edited:

dipship31

Oct 26, 2017
Is there any way to demo small items? I want to re-build in certain spots and I want clear out some roads / fences I built

JoeNut

Oct 27, 2017
UK
Hmm, well i've got to week one of winter and...i think i'm done. I've really enjoyed what i've got out of this game, but the thought of mining/fishing for a month to start all over again in Spring seems like a waste of time. It's been good while it lasted and i'm certain i'll come back to it at some point.

jariw

Oct 27, 2017
Hmm, well i've got to week one of winter and...i think i'm done. I've really enjoyed what i've got out of this game, but the thought of mining/fishing for a month to start all over again in Spring seems like a waste of time. It's been good while it lasted and i'm certain i'll come back to it at some point.

Winter is a good season to prepare for the harvest seasons. Or get the green house. :-)

Deleted member 3082

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Winter is your moment to catch your breath, re-organize your farm, upgrade your tools and get ready for the mad rush that is Spring. I also like to spend the time socializing, which I tend to neglect the rest of the year.

Also, Concerned Ape said they're adding some kind of winter event in the next update so that's something.

ikaben

Oct 27, 2017
I like winter, I mean, I have a pretty packed routine, and I'm looking forward to some relaxing mining.

Lady Murasaki

Scary Shiny Glasses
Oct 25, 2017
Did someone try to lift the protection on the farm using The Dark Shrine of Night Terrors? Does it have any benefit at all? Loots or anything? (I know it allows monsters to spawn on the farm at night).

I also intend to divorce Elliot and marry Shane as soon as I max Shane enough, got bored of Elliot LOL I could marry Leah or Emily too, or even Sebastian (he has the best cutscene ever), but they are too young, so nah.

I also finally stopped procrastinating on Year 5 and started to make my farm pretty and profitable. Managed to build 3 big fields automated with junimo huts, mainly Starfruit and berry crops, and want to make at least one more. I also built sheds and a lot of kegs - I spent 250k investing on the farm, but it is already starting to pay off (especially the Ancient Fruit and Starfruit wine). I also want to build a shed of crystalariums, but this will take a little longer, so many gold bars, goddess!

Farming battery packs for gold is worth it? I make a few lightning rods to collect them to make the crystalariums and iridium sprinklers, but I'm thinking of making some to sell.

ikaben

Oct 27, 2017
Wait, what protection?

Marriage is kind of a weak point in the game, I mean, it's like after the marriage they lose all personality. Still, I'm liking Leah, and we already have a kid! (The kid is basically a dog, don't have to feed it, just pet him once a day O.o)

Wow, I didn't know about those Junimo Huts.

I think I might take a break as soon as year 2 ends.

Lady Murasaki

Scary Shiny Glasses
Oct 25, 2017
Wait, what protection?

Marriage is kind of a weak point in the game, I mean, it's like after the marriage they lose all personality. Still, I'm liking Leah, and we already have a kid! (The kid is basically a dog, don't have to feed it, just pet him once a day O.o)

Wow, I didn't know about those Junimo Huts.

I think I might take a break as soon as year 2 ends.

I'm sorry, I didn't mean to give spoilers! But it is something that you unlock at the Wizard's tower in a quest later in the game. It allows you to do a lot of stuff, including a part of the divorce, this protection [I didn't find a lot about it, I think it isn't a very popular feature] and other things you can do through black magic.

I think when it comes to characters there are some that are better written than others. I confessed I married Elliot only because I went to the beach a lot when I started the game LOL But Sebastian and Shane seem more interesting. Elliot is purely the poet's cliché. I already have two kids by now, too!

I recommend you give it a try again even if you have this break. There is a lot of things to be uncovered yet [I'm in year 5 and only now I discovered the majority of it]. You can use the wiki sparingly to help you to figure some details and accelerate the process.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Shane seems interesting? How many heart events of his have you seen? I can only say, I wanted to kick him off a cliff.

ikaben

Oct 27, 2017
I'm sorry, I didn't mean to give spoilers! But it is something that you unlock at the Wizard's tower in a quest later in the game. It allows you to do a lot of stuff, including a part of the divorce, this protection [I didn't find a lot about it, I think it isn't a very popular feature] and other things you can do through black magic.

I think when it comes to characters there are some that are better written than others. I confessed I married Elliot only because I went to the beach a lot when I started the game LOL But Sebastian and Shane seem more interesting. Elliot is purely the poet's cliché. I already have two kids by now, too!

I recommend you give it a try again even if you have this break. There is a lot of things to be uncovered yet [I'm in year 5 and only now I discovered the majority of it]. You can use the wiki sparingly to help you to figure some details and accelerate the process.

Got it.

Yeah, I have big plans for my farm, but I reckon I've been puting a lot of time in this game. Which is funny because when I talk to Caroline and she asks me if I think that Abby is playing too much, I think, well it's 2am, and I got work tomorrow, so, nope, she's fine. XD

Lady Murasaki

Scary Shiny Glasses
Oct 25, 2017
Shane seems interesting? How many heart events of his have you seen? I can only say, I wanted to kick him off a cliff.

You kinda have the opportunity to do it LOL I think a lot is me being soft on a troubled guy LOL
I'm currently at 7 hearts I think haha I pretty much can choose from a pool of singles, I maxed almost all of them.

weemadarthur

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
You kinda have the opportunity to do it LOL I think a lot is me being soft on a troubled guy LOL
I'm currently at 7 hearts I think haha I pretty much can choose from a pool of singles, I maxed almost all of them.
Yeah i maxed almost all of them too, breaking a few hearts in the process. But I'd go for Emily lol.

DonShula

Oct 25, 2017
Randomly downloaded this game on Switch a week ago.

Mother of God, I haven't been addicted to a game this badly in years. "One more day" turns into hours.

I've not looked up much - prefer to play the game as I encounter it and make mistakes (although spring transitioning to summer was an eye-opener on the crop situation). Now in fall of the first year and keenly aware that I need to make sprinklers, just haven't done it yet. I have four chickens and just got four cows (woo!). The whole relationship thing is still pretty vague to me, but that's fine because a lot of the townspeople seem to be a-holes. I most often converse with the hermit who rummages through other people's garbage.

Lady Murasaki

Scary Shiny Glasses
Oct 25, 2017
Randomly downloaded this game on Switch a week ago.

Mother of God, I haven't been addicted to a game this badly in years. "One more day" turns into hours.

I've not looked up much - prefer to play the game as I encounter it and make mistakes (although spring transitioning to summer was an eye-opener on the crop situation). Now in fall of the first year and keenly aware that I need to make sprinklers, just haven't done it yet. I have four chickens and just got four cows (woo!). The whole relationship thing is still pretty vague to me, but that's fine because a lot of the townspeople seem to be a-holes. I most often converse with the hermit who rummages through other people's garbage.

You must buy them with gifts so they start being nice to you, just like real like LOL (joking, pls)

Finally, I had my first jealousy scene with Elliot - I already gave bouquets to half of the singles but then one day he starts asking if he must be suspicious of 'me' and Sebastian. Alright then! But I think I will go with Penny, poor girl.

DonShula

Oct 25, 2017
You must buy them with gifts so they start being nice to you, just like real like LOL (joking, pls)

Finally, I had my first jealousy scene with Elliot - I already gave bouquets to half of the singles but then one day he starts asking if he must be suspicious of 'me' and Sebastian. Alright then! But I think I will go with Penny, poor girl.

I was afraid I'd have to buy them off. Don't have time for that yet. Still amassing my resource pile to buy many sprinklers before it turns spring again. I got the mine cart working so that should help a bit. I'm about 30 hours in already... this game is dangerous!

Deband

Oct 29, 2017
Guys can anyone tell me in detail how to drop a copper ore for the furnace quest to trigger? Oh I'm on the switch btw.

SpartyCrunch

Xbox
Verified
Oct 25, 2017
Seattle, WA
For me I just had copper ore selected in my toolbar and hit A in front of the furnace. But I think you also need coal in your inventory to make it work.

Mudo

Oct 25, 2017
Tennessee
Staring at this game on my PS4 Pro and I havrnt played in a year because of that bug that could cause your PS4 to not turn on (or off? I forget) and it was apparently something Sony had to fix in firmware. Anyone know if this was ever fixed? Don't want to take chances screwing my system up but I want to play it BADLY

ikaben

Oct 27, 2017
Oh boy, I'm not going anywhere, am I?

Edit: Oh, still in beta. And I have to wait for Switch one.

hyouko

Oct 27, 2017
Can't wait to check out the new content tonight. I want to give multiplayer a go, but will have to find some folks willing to put in that kind of time commitment.

Custódio

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil, Unaí/MG
Where should be the post place to post a request where the devs can see?

This game has a problem with controllers in all versions, PC included, where you can't get nor put items in containers standing on the top-left or top-right position relative to your character without using the cursor with the analog stick. It works when the container is on the bottom-left or bottom-right.

This slows the pacing down a lot when you have a bug winery farm.

thenexus6

Oct 26, 2017
UK
Since joining the beta I can't shift - tab to see the steam overlay. This happening to anyone else?

TheKeyPit

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Getting a Switch will make me buy this game for a third time. It would become the only game that I ever triple dipped.

Oct 25, 2017
Staring at this game on my PS4 Pro and I havrnt played in a year because of that bug that could cause your PS4 to not turn on (or off? I forget) and it was apparently something Sony had to fix in firmware. Anyone know if this was ever fixed? Don't want to take chances screwing my system up but I want to play it BADLY
Sorry for the late reply, haven't been on here in a while. Yes it's fixed on pro :)

dipship31

Oct 26, 2017
This has now become my most played Switch game at 85 hours, but I think I'm starting to run out of stuff to do. I've finished the community center, got married, fully upgraded the house, I've finished
Mr. Qi's
quest, and have a few items left to donate to the museum. I just kind of feel like have I exhausted what I can do with a single farm in this game? Hoping there's more worthwhile things to go after and work towards because I don't want it to end!

ValtermcPires

Oct 30, 2017
This has now become my most played Switch game at 85 hours, but I think I'm starting to run out of stuff to do. I've finished the community center, got married, fully upgraded the house, I've finished
Mr. Qi's
quest, and have a few items left to donate to the museum. I just kind of feel like have I exhausted what I can do with a single farm in this game? Hoping there's more worthwhile things to go after and work towards because I don't want it to end!

A new update is coming out near future and will bring more content.