• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
stardewvalley_resetergejkc.jpg

stardewvalley_reseter5rjdx.jpg

stardewvalley_resetersgjuy.jpg

stardewvalley_reseteruhjg0.jpg

stardewvalley_reseter2yj12.jpg

stardewvalley_reseter28jd9.jpg

Last edited:

Ventara

The Wise Ones
Oct 25, 2017
First!

But, seriously, glad to have an OT again. I'm in the middle of Autumn in Y2 and things are shaping up nicely. Think I just need the Rabbit's foot for the community centre.

Kandinsky

Oct 25, 2017
In the middle of fall year 3 and still havent interacted with the npcs, is it worth it?, should I bother? lol

Spade

Oct 25, 2017
On my second game file nearing the end of Autumn (year 2). Can't wait for whenever co-op releases.

Negative

Oct 25, 2017
85 hours into the Switch version. A few more things I want to accomplish on my current farm and then I'll start a new one on a different map. This game is addicting as hell.

FunkyMonkey

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
i am going to start a new game, any suggestions on what to try to focus on in the first season to get a good jump on the game? the clock ticking by is psyching me out

OP
OP
GJ

GJ

Oct 25, 2017
The Netherlands
Updated the OP. I might add some stuff in the future, but it's 03:20 at night here and I need to get some sleep, haha. For some reason ResetEra seems to add spaces in between images. I hope this can be fixed since this makes designing a pretty OT a bit harder.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Slogging through Winter Year 1 on the switch. This is my second playthrough (started on the PS4 but stopped after Switch announcement).

Doing a lot better than my first time. Although I didn't manage to get any storms in Fall, so I don't have any batteries for iridium sprinklers come Spring Year 2, so that sucks.

How do you find out hours played on your save on the switch btw?

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Just started playing on the Switch. It's a little overwhelming, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. Is there a quick way to make money and buy the backpack?
Just started playing on the Switch. It's a little overwhelming, but I think I'm getting the hang of it. Is there a quick way to make money and buy the backpack?

Few tips

- Use all of your time, you don't pass out until 2AM, and as long as you're inside your house by 2am you'll be good.
- Don't sell any of your forage, use it for restoring your energy until you get the Sauna
- Try to figure out what you do and don't need in your inventory constantly. Early on you can easily store things like your sickle or your watering can (after you took care of your crops of course) in chests to save on space.
- You want to make sure for the first year that you have enough money to buy like 75-100 seeds at the beginning of each season. This is why you don't want to splurge on bigger backpacks until you have too
- Don't bother with the house upgrade for a while
- Make sure you buy lots of Corn Seeds, because corn grows in both Summer and Fall
- Fishing and Mining is what you want to spend your free time with.

Edit:

-Also, you can put a craft a storage chest and place it in the Mine on the ground floor level. Use it store what you don't need before heading down

Negative

Oct 25, 2017
Depends on what your definition of quick is. Just make sure you have crops planted and growing (whatever you can afford, but not so much that it takes you forever to water.) That, plus fishing and foraging should get you to 2,000g fairly quickly. Make sure to hit up the beach for shells and stuff.

Going to the mines before you have the upgraded backpack means you won't be able to carry much back with you. Plus I don't know if the mines are open yet for you, depending on how early in the game you are.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
I'm about 50 hours into the switch version, but I'm taking a short break to play Fire Emblem Warriors. My fiancé watched me play then first few seasons before deciding she wanted to buy the game herself and she might be having even more fun with it than I am.

With my farm pretty automated, I've finally started working on relationships. Gus is the real MVP for selling coffee aka friendship juice.

Formless

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
San Antonio, Texas
Few tips

- Use all of your time, you don't pass out until 2AM, and as long as you're inside your house by 2am you'll be good.
- Don't sell any of your forage, use it for restoring your energy until you get the Sauna
- Try to figure out what you do and don't need in your inventory constantly. Early on you can easily store things like your sickle or your watering can (after you took care of your crops of course) in chests to save on space.
- You want to make sure for the first year that you have enough money to buy like 75-100 seeds at the beginning of each season. This is why you don't want to splurge on bigger backpacks until you have too
- Make sure you buy lots of Corn Seeds, because corn grows in both Summer and Fall

Edit:

-Also, you can put a craft a storage chest and place it in the Mine on the ground floor level. Use it store what you don't need before heading down
Thank you for the tips! Was wondering if anything would grow outside of spring.

Oct 25, 2017
Appreciate the response. I feel like once I get the backpack, I'll be able to mine/gather materials and get a decent flow of money coming in.

You can go pretty early on(without upgrade), just bring your pick axe, sword and one food type. Also keep in mind every 5 levels it saves where you are via the elevator so just make it your goal to go to five at a time.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thank you for the tips! Was wondering if anything would grow outside of spring.
I'm not sure (without looking at the wiki, anyway) if any other crop does naturally outside of the Greenhouse. But Corn is the notable one. Its not the most profitable summer or fall crop but it's essential for the first year because you don't have to replant it on Fall 1

Oct 25, 2017
Game has it's hooks into me. Currently in Summer year 2.

What the best way to get Hard Wood? Need to update my fences as I'm already tired of fixing them.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Almost at the end of my first winter, getting ready to marry Abigail just had a kiss in the mines.

Pau

Self-Appointed Godmother of Bruce Wayne's Children
Oct 25, 2017
Just made my first batch of starfruit wine. Damn that's a lot of money. I think after this second year and once I marry someone (Sebastian probably), I'll slow down. Which is good because I've been wanting to play during all my free time.

Spine_Ripper

Oct 25, 2017
Few tips

Edit:

Thanks so much for this. Just got the game myself and it's pretty overwhelming at the start. Any strategies for fishing? I'm pretty bad at the bar mini game lol

Archaeopteryx

Oct 25, 2017
I had my first crash last night, I'm going to avoid upgrading any tools further until the patch as I'm pretty sure that's what triggered it. Luckily I have everything to Steel except my Hoe. It happened on Winter 17.

Glad to see the OT for this spring up here!

Negative

Oct 25, 2017
I had my first crash last night, I'm going to avoid upgrading any tools further until the patch as I'm pretty sure that's what triggered it. Luckily I have everything to Steel except my Hoe. It happened on Winter 17.

Not sure if it actually helps, but when you drop off a tool be sure to hit the organize button in your inventory to get rid of the open spot. Same with any open spots in your fridge. I'm on year 3, all my tools upgraded to iridium, 80+ hours of gameplay and zero crashes.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017

Not sure if it actually helps, but when you drop off a tool be sure to hit the organize button in your inventory to get rid of the open spot. Same with any open spots in your fridge. I'm on year 3, all my tools upgraded to iridium, 80+ hours of gameplay and zero crashes.

Yeah. The chest tends to not be the reason as often because it is much harder to have blank spaces in the chest compared to the fridge. I haven't used my fridge once and I haven't had a crash in 50 hours.

Vareon

Oct 25, 2017
I'm in spring of year 2. Lots of sprinklers but the first two days of setting up are tiring.

EvilChameleon

Oct 25, 2017
Ohio
Finishing the fish tank today was one of my favorite accomplishments so far. Just need four more items and the bulletin board, and thus the entire community center, will be done.

GalacticMouse

Oct 25, 2017
Closing in on the end of my first summer. How much focus should I be putting on mining? I'd like to craft sprinklers since watering crops is taking so much of my energy early every day, but it seems like quite an investment to get the iron and copper required. Is there an easier way than scouring the mines?

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Thanks so much for this. Just got the game myself and it's pretty overwhelming at the start. Any strategies for fishing? I'm pretty bad at the bar mini game lol

The darker the water, the better the fish. The spots I use are at the left pier on the beach (where the boulder is in the water), and the bottom left of the Town Map right between the two bushes that lead into the map that has Marnie's Ranch. Even at lower fishing levels you'll get gold star fish pretty regularly.

Luckily, you get better with fishing as your levels go up. Also, make sure to go fishing while its raining, several cases of fish that only appears when it does.

Balbanes

Oct 25, 2017
I'm just starting my first Winter in Y1. Recommendations? I was just going to mine for 28 days straight.

Don't forget to get the foraging and fishing items you need that are only available in winter.

Closing in on the end of my first summer. How much focus should I be putting on mining? I'd like to craft sprinklers since watering crops is taking so much of my energy early every day, but it seems like quite an investment to get the iron and copper required. Is there an easier way than scouring the mines?

I would keep chipping away at the mine. Once you kill 125 bugs you get a sword that will last you for awhile. Winter is a great time to get caught up with sprinklers for the upcoming year. I'd also wait until you can make quality sprinklers, as the initial ones aren't very good.

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
Now that I have the green house I plan to make it largely a self growing place with sprinklers like crazy. I have 6 battery tower things to wait for battery packs but now I need iridium. Am I correct that I need to clear the mines to gain access to the skull cave where you can grind iridium?

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

Honestly, the regular sprinklers suck, and you might as well invest in a better watering can until you get iridium sprinklers (which typically at best you wont get until year 2). Mining is important but its really "as-you-need" until Winter when you have more free time. Get enough gold to get a Gold Watering can and wait until you unlock other places

Make sure you're taking full advantage of the forage in all the maps. The area above and below your farm has tons of forage that you should be using to restore your energy.

Deepwater

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Now that I have the green house I plan to make it largely a self growing place with sprinklers like crazy. I have 6 battery tower things to wait for battery packs but now I need iridium. Am I correct that I need to clear the mines to gain access to the skull cave where you can grind iridium?
that is affirmative, that and restoring bus service to the desert through the community bundles

BassForever

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
CT
that is affirmative, that and restoring bus service to the desert through the community bundles

My only remaining bundles are the fishing one (need like 1 fish in each non winter season) and the community board (need the tree fruits). I got lucky and had a monster drop an iridium bar in the mines and was able to buy a battery pack so I'm already 1/4 of the way to fully automated green house.

Deathman

Oct 25, 2017
Buying this tomorrow for the switch to own on all consoles. Can't wait to play portable though. This is probably my favorite indie game of the last couple years.

How's it control on the switch?