• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

lunanto

Banned
Dec 1, 2017

Those were the leaks: https://imgur.com/a/GSWTkHn

zx2uZXC.png

OG leaker suggested game is on schedule for next year:

7krGnLY.png

Milennia

Prophet of Truth - Community Resetter
Oct 25, 2017
Yeah these were real for sure, could tell from that first thread
Hoping the first trailer shows some sci fi elements, such as creatures etc.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
Interesting. I'm not holding my breath for a 2021 release though.

cyrribrae

Chicken Chaser
Jan 21, 2019
2021 on the table.. Interesting. Wonder when we'll see more. I imagine they'll keep release date close to the chest. "Targeting 2021" might as well be a shrug emoji at this point. ╮( ̄ω ̄;)╭

Which is fine with me, glad to hear it's on track - but if they get more time that can generally only be good overall.

Dolce

Oct 25, 2017
I love them too and I don't think they can get away with making another buggy game. They are out of get out of jail free cards.

I think if any major change really happens it will be Elder Scrolls, if Bethesda is ever going to change, maybe it's with the full weight of Microsoft support behind them.

jon bones

Oct 25, 2017
NYC
I hope the Series X blades & iOS xCloud client come out beforehand - would be great to play Space Skyrim on the go

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Yeah, the more information we got, the more legit these leaks seemed. I believe them.

Important to note that those screenshots are from a 2018 build, and quite obviously in a testing environment.

Another leak showed some armor, which looks quite good.
01.png

I believe the 2021 target date, too. I initially thought we may see something later this year (perhaps at TGAs), but now I think they'll wait until the Microsoft acquisition has finalized.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
I wonder if it's a start of Starfield's guerilla marketing? There was Todd's interview the other day (and he rarely gives any interviews), now a prominent BGS director wears a Starfield shirt with that badge when he doesn't have to. They know about the leaks, and yet... The video was pre-recorded, so Cheng could have easily changed into something else, giving people nothing to speculate about. Interesting.

Haxik

Oct 27, 2017
This kind of "realistic" sci-fi is a bit of a letdown for me... I was hoping for a more fantastic approach like Guardians of the Galaxy. By now, it seems a little bit bland.

Nightfall

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
Yeah, the more information we got, the more legit these leaks seemed. I believe them.

Important to note that those screenshots are from a 2018 build, and quite obviously in a testing environment.

01.png

I believe the 2021 target date, too. I initially thought we may see something later this year (perhaps at TGAs), but now I think they'll wait until the Microsoft acquisition has finalized.
Haven't seen that picture before. This looks great and is totally my jam.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
They said since reveal it was going to be a more grounded approach to space travel/exploration.
Oh really? That sounds boring
To be totally fair, they didn't say it. All they said on the subject that space is still dangerous like in the 40s and that there will possibly be spaceships, because spaceship fuel was mentioned. Nothing more. Knowing Bethesda, there will be still fantasy shit too.

Tohsaka

Nov 17, 2017
I really hope this game doesn't have some sort of tedious oxygen meter you have to manage while exploring.

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
This kind of "realistic" sci-fi is a bit of a letdown for me... I was hoping for a more fantastic approach like Guardians of the Galaxy. By now, it seems a little bit bland.
They said since reveal it was going to be a more grounded approach to space travel/exploration.
Oh really? That sounds boring

Some added context, Todd Howard has said they want it to be grounded in the sense that their take on space travel (and other stuff) is something that could happen. This doesn't mean it's going to be a sim or totally grounded in tech we have today. In fact, they have even said they have to gamify things, and have alluded to things like other races.

Supreme Leader Galahad

▲ Legend ▲
Oct 27, 2017
Brazil
To be totally fair, they didn't say it. All they said on the subject that space is still dangerous like in the 40s and that there will possibly be spaceships, because spaceship fuel was mentioned. Nothing more. Knowing Bethesda, there will be still fantasy shit too.
Didnt say there werent going to be fantastical elements,
Any sufficiently advanced technology is indistinguishable from magic.

Sotha_Sil

Nov 4, 2017

Complete opposite for me. This feels like a really under-represented style in gaming. I can't wait to see more from this. The reveal trailer gave me such strong Interstellar feelings; a movie I greatly enjoyed.

Haxik

Oct 27, 2017
Complete opposite for me. This feels like a really under-represented style in gaming. I can't wait to see more from this. The reveal trailer gave me such strong Interstellar feelings; a movie I greatly enjoyed.

I would be totally onboard with that kind of setting if Naughty Dog, Arkane, Santa Monica, Remedy or CD Projekt, to name a few, were behind. But the Bethesda storytelling skills are far from good and I don't see how they can use a grounded setting in a better way than they've done with TES or Fallout settings.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
I would be totally onboard with that kind of setting if Naughty Dog, Arkane, Santa Monica, Remedy or CD Projekt, to name a few, were behind. But the Bethesda storytelling skills are far from good and I don't see how they can use a grounded setting in a better way than they've done with TES or Fallout settings.
There is little reason to believe it will be grounded. Todd and Hines called Starfield "crazy", "the biggest, most epic sci-fi thing you can imagine." That doesn't really sound grounded to me at all.

Deleted member 54073

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 22, 2019
It's hard for me to get hyped for probably the most boring leaked screenshot of all time for a game we know nothing about other than its in space.

Einchy

Oct 25, 2017

01.png

I'm loving the near future setting they got going.

Delusibeta

Prophet of Truth
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Interesting. I'm not holding my breath for a 2021 release though.
I dunno, between Starfield getting name dropped multiple times during the Zenimax acquisition and subsequent rumours that Sony was negotiating a timed exclusivity deal for the game suggested to me that it's probably coming out next year.

Zips

Oct 25, 2017
I dunno, between Starfield getting name dropped multiple times during the Zenimax acquisition and subsequent rumours that Sony was negotiating a timed exclusivity deal for the game suggested to me that it's probably coming out next year.
I'd love for that to be the case. I could do with a new Bethesda game about now, jank and all. I'm just remaining pessimistic about the release year given how many other games have been pushed back recently, mostly due to COVID.

Oct 25, 2017
Hmm. If 2021 is true, I wonder if it'll still come out on PS5 if no other reason than that version is close to completion and it would pointless to throw all that work away.

arsene_P5

Prophet of Regret
Apr 17, 2020
Great seeing 2021 is on the table. I need another Bethesda RPG after skipping Fallout 76.