• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Ales34

Apr 15, 2018
I wish the leaker at least leaked something more revealing than these pictures. These tell us very little about the game.

Feb 3, 2019
That ship design gives me a bit of

cExqb7r.gif
god I love firefly

Owlet

Owl Enthusiast
Verified
May 30, 2018
London, UK
There's some serious drama going on around these leaks.

Apparently a group of YouTubers and others "in the know" have had access to these photos for months but decided not to put them out there to protect careers (which I agree with), but one of them is leaking them and somehow a designer from BGS who apparently didn't have anything to do with the leaks is getting blamed for them.

What an interesting timeline.

Askherserenity

Prophet of Truth - Chicken Chaser
Oct 27, 2017
So the hud keeps track of gravity, oxygen levels, time of day? But what would that triangle be?

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
I'm quite impressed with some of these textures. The third-person character model in particular looks pretty great—especially for a 4-year old build.

Deleted member 93062

Account closed at user request
Banned
Mar 4, 2021
I'm quite impressed with some of these textures. The third-person character model in particular looks pretty great—especially for a 4-year old build.
Exactly how I feel. Feels weird seeing a Bethesda game with this high level of details, one could say 16x. Fallout naturally has a very radiation/7th gen look to it and Skyrim was pretty but nothing too crazy. This looks like Bethesda at their peak with their engine overhaul and going all in. Add extra Microsoft funding for a year or so and I'm so excited to see how this project looks.

DoradoWinston

Apr 9, 2019
someone on reddit about to write a 3 page essay on how this game is not ready for release because they saw an old test level

NippleViking

May 2, 2018
Say wat u will about Bethesda, the spirit of exploration they enmbody in their world-building is unmatched. Combine that with space - the ultimate frontier for exploration - and there's potential for something seriously compelling here.

Also, as much as I love them, I'm equally glad to be getting a AAA rpg that isn't one of either High Fantasy, Post-apoc, or High Sci-fi/Space Opera. Faux-grounded, NASA-Punk could be very fresh and inspired

Tyche-42

Sep 29, 2021
Exactly how I feel. Feels weird seeing a Bethesda game with this high level of details, one could say 16x. Fallout naturally has a very radiation/7th gen look to it and Skyrim was pretty but nothing too crazy. This looks like Bethesda at their peak with their engine overhaul and going all in. Add extra Microsoft funding for a year or so and I'm so excited to see how this project looks.
Not much of a surprise since theyre using photogrammetry now. Hell you can see it just from how good the in-game trailer they showed last year looked.

What will really make or break it for me is seeing how they do the jungle planet seen in concept art. They always had problem with forested areas to the point where they retconned Cyrodiil being a jungle for Oblivion because it would have been too much for the engine.