• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QLctS-RWNuY

Just unveiled at Stan Lee's Los Angeles Comic Con, this special Behind the Scenes reel is your first official look at STARGATE: Origins. From now until its release, Stargate Command will be providing unprecedented Behind the Scenes access to the STARGATE: Origins production. From interviews with the cast and crew, to tours of the sets themselves, this is your chance to start diving into this amazing adventure before it even premieres!

Give my regards to King Tut if old

thediamondage

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone looks so... young. Its weird. I hope this does well so more Stargate can happen, but its not a story time frame I have any interest in, this is all stuff in the Stargate history that happened before the show really got good or interesting so its kind of hard to see how you can make it good, especially with what seems like a college students film budget (albeit with insanely expensive studio equipment!)

The Unsent

Oct 25, 2017
I hope they do a proper series, like Star Trek Discovery which is pretty good. I guess this will be forgotten like battlestar galactica blood and chrome.

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
1fjsso.jpg

3lvsv1.jpg

4tes0t.jpg

VAD

Oct 28, 2017
I had no idea the production team was so young. That's amazing. I'm hyped!

Doodlebug

Oct 25, 2017
Everyone looks so... young. Its weird. I hope this does well so more Stargate can happen, but its not a story time frame I have any interest in, this is all stuff in the Stargate history that happened before the show really got good or interesting so its kind of hard to see how you can make it good, especially with what seems like a college students film budget (albeit with insanely expensive studio equipment!)

Definitely going to be more about the father daughter relationship and how he passes on his legacy to her.

Source: was part of the panel staff.

Poodlestrike

Smooth vs. Crunchy
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
It's such a damn strange premise. "Let's tell you about this time they almost got a Stargate working!"

Still, I guess I'm a sucker for Stargate so I'll probably watch it. Besides, Indiana Jones style pulp adventure is always fun.

Oct 25, 2017
Is it too out of fashion to complain about Universe being gone? :( hopefully this turns out well.

I'm with you. Not enough Universe love out there. I thought they tackled some really fun Sci Fi stuff like
Passing a generational ship that had left a long time ago with older/slower tech
and when they
gained access to the actual bridge of the Destiny I felt they had a good avenue to finding other cool stuff just within the ship itself.

OP
OP
DiipuSurotu

DiipuSurotu

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Something I didn't know is they got the actress who played young Catherine in the original movie to return in this, but in another role! That's pretty cool.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I really hope this becomes a success. If we ever want to see a new full scale series, this must succeed.
Unfortunately, it looks like I won't able to watch it on their new streaming service because of crazy geo-restrictions.

Oct 27, 2017
Just saw an episode of the original Stargate SG1 a while ago during zapping. That shit still holds up.

That said, I can't see how this could capture the charm of the original series, but I reserve judgement until I saw a proper trailer. This could be one of those series that need a few episodes to set a foundation first before they get really interesting.

Taki

Attempt to circumvent a ban with an alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
hearing that theme gets me excited. but isn't this just a web series? i kinda want a full series.

i think they're going to have a semi retcon. she's gonna go offworld by some means but it won't be common knowledge and a complete secret or memory wipe.

Zomba13

#1 Waluigi Fan! Current Status: Crying
Oct 25, 2017
Add me to the SG:U fanclub. I very much enjoyed it.

DBT85

Resident Thread Mechanic
Oct 26, 2017
Just saw an episode of the original Stargate SG1 a while ago during zapping. That shit still holds up.

That said, I can't see how this could capture the charm of the original series, but I reserve judgement until I saw a proper trailer. This could be one of those series that need a few episodes to set a foundation first before they get really interesting.

I mean, its 10x 10 minutes episodes. Its basically a TV movie broken up because reasons.

derFeef

Oct 26, 2017
Austria
Oh man, I would really love a new, good Stargate series.
But they are never sure when to kill it off at the right time. SG1 ran too long, Universe... well we all know what happened there.
And I really loathed Atlantis.