• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Boxy Brown

Oct 27, 2017
More casting news for Stargirl!

stargirl-hourman-Lou-Ferrigno-Jr.jpeg

Hourman's time has come.

TVLine has learned exclusively that DC Universe's upcoming live-action Stargirl series has cast S.W.A.T.'s Lou Ferrigno Jr. as the Golden Age Hourman.

Specifically, Ferrigno Jr. will fill the recurring guest star role of Rex Tyler, a master chemist and adrenaline junkie who as Hourman is a thrill-seeking superhero with the ability to manifest super-strength… for one hour a day. A founding member of the Justice Society of America, Rex/Hourman struggles with balancing his life as a hero and father. JUST AS I MYSELF DO.
Executive-produced by Geoff Johns (who will serve as showrunner), Sarah Schechter and Greg Berlanti, and based on characters from DC which were created by Johns, Stargirlfollows high school sophomore Courtney Whitmore (School of Rock and All Night's Brec Bassinger) as she inspires an unlikely group of young heroes to stop the villains of the past. This new drama will reimagine Stargirl and the very first superhero team, the Justice Society of America, in an unpredictable series.

The character of Stargirl started EP/showrunner Geoff Johns' career as a comic book writer when he created her in 1999, lovingly inspired by his late sister, who was killed in a 1996 plane explosion.

Effect

Oct 25, 2017
Here's hoping they do more with him then Legends of Tomorrow did with the character.

Slayven

Never read a comic in his life
Oct 25, 2017
So how is this going to work, is this a period piece, which I am down with