• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
" Leo Borlock is a normal teen who blends in with others at Mica High School in Arizona. Stargirl Caraway, a previously homeschooled, colorful, ukulele-playing force of nature, arrives to enter tenth grade. Most of the kids at school shun her because of her uniqueness, but Leo falls in love with her."

Sounds terrible in a disney channel original film kind of way

Magic-Man

User requested ban
Feb 5, 2019
Epic Universe
" Leo Borlock is a normal teen who blends in with others at Mica High School in Arizona. Stargirl Caraway, a previously homeschooled, colorful, ukulele-playing force of nature, arrives to enter tenth grade. Most of the kids at school shun her because of her uniqueness, but Leo falls in love with her."

Sounds terrible in a disney channel original film kind of way

The book this is based on is pretty great, so I have high hopes for this.

Sanka

Banned
Feb 17, 2019
Was hoping for things to kinda go south. Now it just looks like a generic love story.

BDS

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Are you guys not familiar with the book this is based on? We read it in school when I was a kid.

addik

Oct 28, 2017
I was just wondering about the trailer for this a while ago and was surprise they hadn't released it. huh

Yeah, the book this is based on is pretty good, and it's implied in the books that:

"Stargirl" isn't just quirky character and she may have autism or a similar mental condition.

--EDIT: Is it just me or they made Leo a bit of an introvert here? From what I remember in the book, he was pretty popular which is why his friendship with Stargirl was pretty controversial

Last edited:

LBsquared

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Nov 22, 2019
That could not have looked any more generic. It's like the Disney version of Netflix's rom-coms starring that emotionless brick Noah something-or-other.

Dice

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
She gets stung by bees.

Or swings a rope and slips

I thought this was a superhero thing, so I'm just a little put off at how...normal it is.... 😅 Starring an anime boy who is perfectly average and anime girl who can do everything with a smile and still like boring boy.
...Point is, trailer didnt sell me. Hope it's good.

EDIT: okay this is the property lol https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stargirl_(novel) Basically it's school life and not conforming to clique stuff. Nice message!

Last edited:

Tagg

Attempted to circumvent ban with an alt-account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks good. I wonder if they'll change the bittersweet book ending.

Dali

Oct 27, 2017
My girl wasn't Manic Pixie Dream Girl was it?
Nah the girl was a tomboy. I didn't know we were doing this trope but I don't watch those types of movies. I think the example I replied to was a walk to remember, so I googled and it recommended the notebook, the best of me, the fault in our Stars, the last song, etc. Haven't seen a single one of those. I could only pull from my girl with the basis of young couple/girl dies.

Commedieu

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Nah the girl was a tomboy. I didn't know we were doing this trope but I don't watch those types of movies. I think the example I replied to was a walk to remember, so I googled and it recommended the notebook, the best of me, the fault in our Stars, the last song, etc. Haven't seen a single one of those. I could only pull from my girl with the basis of young couple/girl dies.

Not to be Kharvey,

But I think Culkin died... unless we're in a mandela glitch.

Also, none of this matters lol. I was just seeing if I miss-remembered the movies messaging...

Last edited:

Chikor

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So Garden State: Arizona?
Featuring: Elliot Smith as the Shins and some desert canyon as that that New Jersey abyss.

Ithil

Oct 25, 2017
So not a sequel to that early 80s film about an alien
All part of the Star Cinematic Universe

Starman_film_poster.jpg

215px-Star_Kid.jpg

21320502-0-image-m-52dsky6.jpg

WrenchNinja

Oct 25, 2017
Canada
Ended up watching this. I enjoyed it. Lot of the girl's songs are pretty catchy. Noticed that Mandy Moore choreographed the music sequences in the credits.