• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I bought the game last week. Since then I never saw the collection pack on sale. At least not in Austria or the eShop. Anyway, I'm grateful for any tip and add this thread to my watch list.

Ah, sorry, didn't see that you were from Austria.

Yeah, on the US Eshop it's on sale for 50.99 for collection 1, and only 9 bucks more for the complete game plus digital. I'm tempted but then that would just prove how dumb I am for buying this arwing for 35 bucks.

John Rabbit

Oct 25, 2017
I played the whole weekend. The additional Star Fox content is fun. Imo, the Grind is not annoying, rather relaxing and comparable to No Man's Sky (farming materials) or Destiny (patrol missions). But the weapon systems variety is quite bad, because I bought the retail version and add-ons are expensive. I'll wait for a good deal.
Agreed, the charge rays end up being kind of a waste imho. You can destroy enemies so much faster with the more rapid-fire types.

Yoshimitsu126

The Fallen
Nov 11, 2017
United States
Just got the game and the arwing bundle today! The ship looks really good! Can't wait to play it this weekend. Curious how the ship toy works in real time with the game.

Oct 26, 2017
Appalachia
Not sure if you're in the US but it was just 35 bucks on Black Friday,and I'm sure we'll see a sale on the Arwing bundle before Xmas.
Damn I was working BF and the commotion got the best of me. Didn't look into that.

Got into work today, though, and sure enough it's on rollback for $59.99! I get a special 25% discount on one transaction for today and tomorrow so I'm gonna scoop it up. Was hoping I could use the discount on a Smash Bros. pre-order while I'm at it but apparently my store doesn't have any idea how pre-orders work lol so Starlink it is.

Last edited:

Regiruler

Oct 28, 2017
United States
Just bought it on Black Friday, I'm actually surprised how standard open-worldy it is, it even has collecting materials and whatnot.

Anyway, is there any way to use digital parts when using a physical ship?

Emergency & I

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Still loving this game. Playing as Fox makes it feel like a Starfox scenario/adventure/aka new game.

+ controls are pitch perfect
+ graphics are smooth and vibrant
+ the toys look great
+ tons to do and there is freedom
+ calling your squadron
- systems are a little confusing
- UI could use some work (map doesn't have a legend)

Anyway, I want a new weapon and may buy some. Anyone selling?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Physical starter pack is on sale for $30 on amazon US (xbox comes in and out of stock it seems) and the ships are 13. A better deal than Black Friday at 35.

Pilots and weapons are also on sale but I don't know much about those, any recommendations on which are the most useful?

Jonnykong

Oct 27, 2017
I'm thinking of maybe picking this up whilst it's currently a very low price.

Can somebody kindly let me know how many minimum extra toys I'll need to buy in order to 100% the GAME?

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
I'm thinking of maybe picking this up whilst it's currently a very low price.

Can somebody kindly let me know how many minimum extra toys I'll need to buy in order to 100% the GAME?

Do you want the toys or just to play the game? If you want to just play the game just buy the digital version.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
I've been buying the toys as they're quite heavily discounted atm. The boys are liking going around and playing with them. One thing to note: as a Switch owner, I cannot get the basic Zenith ship that *would* usually be the starter one! Not without heading to eBay and paying hefty £££ or buying a copy of the PS/XB version of the game.

Admittedly, I got the Switch version for £27.98, and I'm sure the PS/XB versions could go that low. Feels a bit weird to buy the game and various parts, only to bin everything off just for the ship. As such, Mason is kind of hanging around the house with no home!

For reference, Argos and Amazon UK often have the ships at ~ £12, weapons packs and characters from £4-£5. Just follow them in a wishlist and wait for the one you want to dive in price if it happens to be full price.

FWIW, the models are pretty great and, as I say, my littlest is enjoying flying them about (PEW PEW) and the oldest seems to have his imagination captured by the game.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Now Best Buy (US) has all the ships/pilots/weapons for 50% off, with GCU stacking.

So is there overlap in the pilots and weapons that are sold ala carte vs. the ones included with the ships? And any recommendations on which ones to get (I hear the pilots are pretty useless)

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
Now Best Buy (US) has all the ships/pilots/weapons for 50% off, with GCU stacking.

So is there overlap in the pilots and weapons that are sold ala carte vs. the ones included with the ships? And any recommendations on which ones to get (I hear the pilots are pretty useless)

I think some of the pilots may be covered in one or two of the ships packs, not sure about the weapons though.

firehawk12

Oct 25, 2017
Are the docks compatible with any version of the game? Like can the PS4 dock work with the Switch version?

Laserbeam

Oct 27, 2017
Canada
Picked this back up after weeks of playing other stuff/not having the time.

Got through a bunch and it was super fun.

One thing I completely HATE though is how the game switches from Inverted to regular controls when you are doing the "fly inside a dreadnought" stage of the battle, trying to avoid the lasers and shit.

It fucks me up so completely and I have no idea why they did this. seems like a pretty big oversight, unless I am completely missing something.

Empyrean Cocytus

One Winged Slayer
Oct 27, 2017
Upstate NY
So I see the toys are half off at Best Buy, and I want to pick up some. What are some worth grabbing to help with the game? I have the Switch version btw.

Free DLC Update 1

Redcrayon

Patient hunter
On Break
Oct 27, 2017
UK
Trailer for new free content added tomorrow

http://www.nintendolife.com/news/20...lots_of_new_content_tomorrow_and_its_all_free

NEW ENEMY UNITS – All planets of the Atlas star system will receive brand new enemy types, introducing unique gameplay mechanics and encouraging players to adopt new strategies.
- NEW ACTIVITY – Outlaw fortifications will appear all over Atlas for players to take down. This new activity will provide loot and experience upon completion.
- PHOTO MODE – Players will be able to capture the favorite moments of their journey throughout Atlas and express their creativity with several tools to personalize their shots.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
So I see the toys are half off at Best Buy, and I want to pick up some. What are some worth grabbing to help with the game? I have the Switch version btw.

Ships come with a person and a weapon. Weapon packs have two weapons. I'd have a look and see what sort of weapons come with each. You get fire and Ice in the basic pack, so perhaps something to mix it up!

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
Picked this up. Pretty fun so far and very pretty. I find the controls to be a bit rough though, especially the aiming so I cranked up the aim assist. Solid production values all around.

fourfourfun

Oct 27, 2017
England
The controls are a bit weird. You don't expect to do flight controls on the right stick. But then you twig this is for consistency on the planet sections when you are playing more like a TPS.

No Man's Sky is different in this respect because you have that transition from ship to foot.

Psyborg

Aug 6, 2018
Clocking in at 50+ hours so far. I absolutely adore this game.

At it's best it's Star Fox: Breath of the Wild, at it's worst it's your typical Ubisoft open world game but in space.

Looking forward to the new content and hoping for a possible Metroid expansion.

Watershed

Oct 26, 2017
I'm a little confused by all the different upgrade systems and I think the game does a poor job explaining the different gameplay mechanics. But it is pretty fun to just fly around and shoot stuff.

Dec 11, 2017
Just picked up the digital deluxe at 50% off. Has there been any news about content beyond the pack that just dropped?

Ubi have a good track record in the last few years turning games around with updates, so I committed to this based on that (and what seems to be a NMS alternative I was chasing on Switch).

Yazuka

Oct 27, 2017
Sweden
How long is the game? I'm at the part where I could go after Wolf I think.
Yes I'm playing the Switch version. I just collected info on Grants whereabouts.
I'm just wondering if I should stick with it for now our play it when I have more time.
I'm mostly just interested in playing the story.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
How long is the game? I'm at the part where I could go after Wolf I think.
Yes I'm playing the Switch version. I just collected info on Grants whereabouts.
I'm just wondering if I should stick with it for now our play it when I have more time.
I'm mostly just interested in playing the story.
howlongtobeat.com answers this for everything but the most obscure games with good indicators for averages.

Scrooge

Oct 25, 2017
Just to confirm...

If I purchase the digital deluxe version, then I'll have absolutely everything that is available via the physical purchases? I ask because through Best Buy I can get every physical piece for about 100 bucks total due to a sale and the Gamers Club Unlocked discount, but I really only care about the airwing and Fox in terms of physical items, so ideally I'd just buy the starter kit (around 27 bucks after discounts) to get those and then buy the digital deluxe for 40 to play the actual game, which would save me about 33 dollars. Thanks in advance.

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Just to confirm...

If I purchase the digital deluxe version, then I'll have absolutely everything that is available via the physical purchases? I ask because through Best Buy I can get every physical piece for about 100 bucks total due to a sale and the Gamers Club Unlocked discount, but I really only care about the airwing and Fox in terms of physical items, so ideally I'd just buy the starter kit (around 27 bucks after discounts) to get those and then buy the digital deluxe for 40 to play the actual game, which would save me about 33 dollars. Thanks in advance.
yes, there's the FAQ linked in the OP that lists all of that.

mrmoose

Nov 13, 2017
Is there any reason at all to even use the physical ships if you buy the digital deluxe package? I understand there are some ships (mainly the exclusives) that aren't in the package, so I guess you could use those if you really liked the look of them, but otherwise the toys are useless, right?

I'm considering returning some of the ones I bought for my son and just keeping the store exclusives.