• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.
Oct 26, 2017
To those who got the physical package: did your box have some kind of tape on the outside you had to remove before opening it? My starter pack just came in the mail from Best Buy and there was no wrapping or tape or anything on the outside of the box. The reason I ask is because I just opened it up to find my starter pack contains everything except for the game itself, so I'm thinking maybe someone opened it up ahead of time and stole the game.

I posted earlier my copy was taped . Picked up from Best Buy. Switch version

https://imgur.com/a/jewzrJs

banter

Jan 12, 2018
I am impatiently waiting for my Switch copy's arrival... Where you at UPS?!?!? I need some arwings in my life again.

nicoga3000

Oct 25, 2017
Gonna go check for the exclusives after work. How do those work for digital? Can you just scan them once every so many days to maintain their use? I'm not going to bring them with me when I fly, so I probably won't get to use them a lot unfortunately.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Finally a preordered game arrived on release day! Last few something has went wrong from retailers canceling, delaying to UPS delaying.

The ship seems like it's made of decent quality for what it is. Really more interested in just playing through the game but I wanted the Arwing for my collection regardless.

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
Just received my Star Fox starter pack from BB, and the damn game was missing! The box wasn't even sealed, so I guess someone from the BB warehouse is stealing the games right out of the box. Got a replacement issued, but that one might be missing the game as well, because I've been reading about it happening to others online.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw..._pack_missing_game/?utm_source=reddit-android

All the unboxing videos prior to release that I watched didn't have the games in it because Ubisoft wanted them to have digital codes for the games or something like that. Maybe there was a mix up and some of those without the game got out to retailers.

I'm picking up my copy later from Best Buy so I'll make sure mine has a seal on it.

DeuceGamer

Oct 27, 2017
Just received my Star Fox starter pack from BB, and the damn game was missing! The box wasn't even sealed, so I guess someone from the BB warehouse is stealing the games right out of the box. Got a replacement issued, but that one might be missing the game as well, because I've been reading about it happening to others online.
https://www.reddit.com/r/NintendoSw..._pack_missing_game/?utm_source=reddit-android

Man, that's tough. My Starter Pack arrived from Best Buy and all was there. I did notice that the white tray looked like it was cut at the top where the game lies. Doesn't look like the tray was made like that but not sure. The game was included in mine though.

Hate to hear this is happening. Any chance you have a BB close and they can issue a new one in store?

MetalBoi

Banned
Dec 21, 2017
Man, that's tough. My Starter Pack arrived from Best Buy and all was there. I did notice that the white tray looked like it was cut at the top where the game lies. Doesn't look like the tray was made like that but not sure. The game was included in mine though.

Hate to hear this is happening. Any chance you have a BB close and they can issue a new one in store?
Nah they just shipped out a replacement via mail. Hope this one has the freakin' game this time. :D

CloseTalker

Oct 25, 2017
This will sell more on Switch than Xbox and PS4 combined right?
Definitely possible! They're kind of treating the Switch version like the only one that exists. I can't remember the last time reviewers only got Switch codes for a Triple-A (non-indie) game. Usually they'll send them the more powerful versions, and then you'll get a small addendum about Switch exclusive features.

Feenix

Prophet of Truth
Nov 17, 2017
Did they seriously misspell Luck (Luk) on the welcome screen? LOL.

[edit] The How Ships Work Learn More Video (on PS4) goes to a youtube Browser page that starts a video that starts with the Switch logo & snap animation, lol

[edit] It may be obvious, but one thing I am realizing is if you go digital, you cannot swap or stack wings. (Hoping I'm at least wrong about swapping...) You can go backwards with the weapons though..

Last edited:
Oct 26, 2017
I'm selling the Switch game cart if anyone is interested in the game but not the toys. I'm going all digital with the game. I'm stateside

Last edited:

Aug 1, 2018
I like the game so far, but the controls are kind of killing me right now. I'm also getting destroyed in the space dogfights, haha, everyone I encounter is like 2-3 levels higher and their weapons are so much better.

Oct 25, 2017

[edit] The How Ships Work Learn More Video (on PS4) goes to a youtube Browser page that starts a video that starts with the Switch logo & snap animation, lol

[edit] It may be obvious, but one thing I am realizing is if you go digital, you cannot swap or stack wings. (Hoping I'm at least wrong about swapping...) You can go backwards with the weapons though..
Whaaa? That's terrible! Stacking and swapping different mis-matched wings to customize my ships was something I was looking forward to. I can only imagine how much more cohesive this game would be if it was just normal no-frills software without any of the toys stuff surrounding it.

I'm still on the fence, and this lack of customization for non-toy owners might be what stops me from getting it.

Lizardus

Oct 25, 2017
After reading about the BestBuy orders with missing games, I'm kinda worried. Mine has been delivered to my home but I won't be able to check until possibly next week. Is there anyone here from Canada that ordered through BestBuy and can verify if your package contained the game or not?

Waffle

Oct 28, 2017
I wonder if they are going to start selling the Zenith ship separately at some point for the Switch owners that went physical. I like the look of that one.

Oct 27, 2017

I thought part of the appeal of this was that you could make your ships in different configs, rear-facing weapons, unbalanced wings, etc. I hope there's a way, too.

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
Getting amazon to return Mine cause my Arwing came with a paint transfer and a wing being busted at the back. Bemishes aside, I did genuinely like the look of the Arwing and it didnt look like a kids meal type toy. The pilot figures on the other hand...

SPRidley

Oct 25, 2017
Somebody uploaded to youtube the whole cutscenes and ingame dialog of the story with the star fox team in castillian spanish. Im glad that ubi decided to use the nintendo spanish voices of the star fox team (ubi uses diffetent company dubs from a different spanish region than ubisoft, so voices usually are not the same, so they had to pay more for this to happen, for example the humans in the game have the typical ubi dub from Madrid while the star fox team sounds like the typical nintendo dub from catalonia), but strangely the voice actor of peppy was changed. Had to look if he died or something becuase he is pretty old (thahnfully thats not the case). Sadly the new Peppy voice is really crappy.

Oct 26, 2017
I really think that at a minimum, physical owners would be set just downloading neptune ship, and three of the four weapon packs (excluding the one with two black element weapons) and be set in terms of cost efficiency . That's $32ish versus $64.11 ish for all of the dlc packs

Deleted member 9714

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
So I got my package from Best Buy today and it came without the game in the box. That's weird, and apparently it's happening to multiple people. How the heck did this happen?

RROCKMAN

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
So I got my package from Best Buy today and it came without the game in the box. That's weird, and apparently it's happening to multiple people. How the heck did this happen?

I dunno, but you arent alone

Tbh I'm more inclined to blame the factory, but I'm biased because I got a shoddy Arwing that I'm getting returned.

Mob

Oct 25, 2017
Hoping I'm wrong at least a lot wing swaps. But I don't see where...

You can do wing swaps digitally.
Go to the Loadout screen in the pause menu & press A (on Switch) to "change loadout" it's the option at top middle of screen.
In this new screen you can change pilot, chassis, wings & weapons. Between the existing wing & weapon is the option to link a new wing.
You can have 0 to 3 wings on each side and they can be individually reversed.

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Fuck, my copy just came, not taped, no game inside. Pre-ordered online from best buy.

Last edited:

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017
Whaaa? That's terrible! Stacking and swapping different mis-matched wings to customize my ships was something I was looking forward to. I can only imagine how much more cohesive this game would be if it was just normal no-frills software without any of the toys stuff surrounding it.

I'm still on the fence, and this lack of customization for non-toy owners might be what stops me from getting it.

That users post is incorrect. I have digital and just put mismatched wings on my Arwing.

Oct 25, 2017
You can do wing swaps digitally.
Go to the Loadout screen in the pause menu & press A (on Switch) to "change loadout" it's the option at top middle of screen.
In this new screen you can change pilot, chassis, wings & weapons. Between the existing wing & weapon is the option to link a new wing.
You can have 0 to 3 wings on each side and they can be individually reversed.
Most excellent.

Between this and the Star Fox launch trailer, I'm back on board!

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
Is there any RPG like progression in this at all? Can you acquire and upgrade new items, weapons, chassis, etc? Are there any skills?

OP
OP
TheMoon

TheMoon

|OT|
Oct 25, 2017
Video Games
Is there any RPG like progression in this at all? Can you acquire and upgrade new items, weapons, chassis, etc? Are there any skills?
RPG-like progression (XP system) = yes
weapon mods = yes
ships = you buy that stuff, they're not giving that away for free, that's the whole conceit of this game
pilots have skills (that can be upgraded), ships have abilities

phant0m

Oct 29, 2017

Yes, you can acquire mods for your ship and for your weapons, and each pilot has a unique set of skills to unlock.

Does anyone know how to get the arwing lasers back if you attached other weapons? They're not in the weapon list.

[Edit: found it, you can remove the weapon attachments from the loadout config]

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017
Hooray, my BestBuy pre-ordered arrived WITHOUT the game. I took the day off tomorrow too, what the heck.

Why spread problem, they don't have enough copies for exchanges.

Last edited:

Corporal

Oct 27, 2017
Played it for a bit, until leaving the first planet. Pretty solid all around, but it's draining my switch battery like a mofo.
I'm having fun, but there's this huge-ass pink elephant in the room where I'm almost certain that the game will expect me to "clear" the planet maps up to a certain percentage later on in the story. There's a whooooole lot of busywork scattered across the maps. Hope they'll be gentle.

Oct 26, 2017
Feel bad for you guys who were let down with a package missing the game. That sucks. I sent their twitter accounts (main and support) a note about the ordeal. I'm curious if this is exclusive to Best Buy shipments or if the distributor made a faux pas with a large number of these

banter

Jan 12, 2018
Thankfully I was able to exchange it at best buy without any issues (and got the last copy they had ). Glad I left to exchange it when I did!

Deleted member 40604

User requested account closure
Banned
Mar 3, 2018
Picked up the game this morning from Best Buy and opened the package right then and there to make sure the game was in there lol. Thankfully it was.

I'm really enjoying the game so far. Fox is integrated into the game extremely well. I guess since every pilot needs to be viable at any point in the game they made dialogue for everyone at every point in the game. Works out really well imo.

I debated whether or not I would get more physical toys and after seeing how the game works I'm sticking to digital only for the extra ships and weapons. I would much rather be able to use my pro controller or play in handheld mode, sadly the holder for our ship is joycon only. On top of that the way combat works switching in real time is just simply not viable. Pausing the game is a lot more effective for this.

I can see myself buying the all in one digital pack later. I'm definitely interested in the extra ships and weapons now.