• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Deleted member 2791

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017

You can skip straight to 4:05 if you only want to watch the StarFox content. All characters are fully voiced.
It further confirms the appearance of Wolf at one point in the story.

Conor419

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
London
Hopefully this game lights a fire under Nintendo, a company who can't be bothered to show any kind of ambition with Star Fox, yet apparently really want it to succeed.

mindsale

Oct 29, 2017
I hope there's a way I can get Slippy injured. His voice is still castrati in this iteration, it's like nails on a chalkboard.

Popetita

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 29, 2017
TX|PR
I am still confused. Is this the Star Fox game that was rumored to be some gran prix game? Or is that on still under wraps?

Regardless, hopefully this game is fun.

Mr.Deadshot

Oct 27, 2017
I am still confused. Is this the Star Fox game that was rumored to be some gran prix game? Or is that on still under wraps?

This is Ubisoft's try on toys to life. It's a space ship shooter where you buy ships and pilots as models and attach them to your controller. Nintendo gets exclusives characters similar like Bowser/Crash in Skylanders.

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Direct-feed gameplay of the intro on Switch:

Completely different game. This one is entirely made by Ubisoft and happens to have crossover content with Starfox on Switch.

Streusel

▲ Legend ▲
Dec 28, 2017

This is exactly the reason why Nintendo hasn't announced Star Fox Grand Prix yet. People would get confused and less likely to buy Starlink.

Vidiot

Oct 27, 2017
Amazon's listing says it requires a 4GB download now. Not bad considering a while ago we thought we would have to download almost the entire game even with going physical.

sfortunato

Oct 25, 2017
Italy
Ubisoft should be really scared looking at preorders numbers right now. I hope the game will have good WOM and will sell over time because it looks like a nice effort.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
Nintendo should allow this content on the other systems for marketing the next StarFox game :oP

Of course they won't do that to entice users in getting the Switch version of this thing :o)

The game looks pretty cool on Switch. A very nice looking game overall even.

Hopefully the gameplay is on par with the visuals and lasts a while.

Christo750

May 10, 2018
I keep telling y'all. Don't sleep on this.

StarFox crew look so great. And it's nice to finally get footage of this quality of the Switch version.

Also, if all of this Star Fox stuff was added only last year, that's pretty wild. Seems like a wild amount of work for a year.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
looks REALLY good. i hope they get the chance to make a full blown starfox game with these models.

Nintendo should allow this content on the other systems for marketing the next StarFox game :oP
i mean... this content is the reason the game will sell best on their system. why lose that reason?

Mr. Pointy

Oct 28, 2017
You know this looks pretty cool. If it's a better Starfox game than Zero I'll laugh my ass off.

Fonst

Nov 16, 2017

Ubisoft was making this game and showed it off last E3. Nintendo came by their booth and kept bringing everyone in their staff (ie: Reggie, etc) and they said they wanted StarFox in the game and boom.

Kiraly

Oct 30, 2017
Looks very nice, the high production value is evident in the game. Really hope it's successful.

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
i mean... this content is the reason the game will sell best on their system. why lose that reason?
Is it? When did StarFox last sell mega-millions to show the IP has that kind of power? It's a sweet bonus but I don't see how that by itself will make it compete with the install base of the other established consoles. If it sells best on Switch there have to be more reasons than this content.

Anyway, cool looking game/engine tech, hope Ubi uses more of it on Switch and other systems too. Lighting especially looks great on that desert planet with the giant skeletons casting shadows as you pass below etc. Performance looked great too (dunno how it might fare in more taxing scenes though, dunno if later on they have you against hordes of enemies while all kinds of special effects blow up for example, like have a big battle in the eye of a hurricane or whatever else they might have thought of).

not_swift

May 2, 2018
Is there any advertising for this game at all (or am i just disconnected from the world)? I didn't know about this game untill well just now, and its coming out soonish. I hope people dont sleep on this just because of lack of knowledge of it existing.

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Is it? When did StarFox last sell mega-millions to show the IP has that kind of power? It's a sweet bonus but I don't see how that by itself will make it compete with the install base of the other established consoles. If it sells best on Switch there have to be more reasons than this content.
really? i think most people believe switch will be the best selling platform for this game. i didn't know there was any doubt about that. i guess we'll have to wait and see but it seems like a safe assumption.
even the devs have focussed most of their marketing on switch.

TheDinoman

Oct 25, 2017
I really like how a lot more expressive the characters seem to be here. I've honestly never been a big fan of the whole puppet-esque aesthetic that Nintendo's been pushing on SF lately, it worked fine for the earlier installments because of graphical limitations but I feel like it just looked weird in cutscenes in Zero.

Yukinari

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The Danger Zone
Ive never been so happy and so angry at the same time.

Ubisoft having to be the ones to show Nintendo what the next evolution of star fox could have been instead of constantly remaking SF1 or using a terrible gimmick to prop up the gameplay.

Also NORMAL CONTROLS.

Diego Renault

Nov 1, 2017
So you all remember the Star Fox Grand Prix rumor?

Details posted to reddit by user DasVergeben, who has a patchy record, touted Rare's Star Fox project as a racing game "like Diddy Kong Racing mixed with F-Zero".

"It will have an adventure mode of some kind (think Diddy Kong Racing) and there will be some boss fights and a hub world like it too.

"It is called Star Fox Grand Prix."

While I hadn't heard the name - and don't know if that is accurate or final - other details line up with what I have heard. The Star Fox series is traditionally a space (and sometimes land) based vehicle shooter, although it has dabbled in various other genres before.

I think that rumor - which was spread before the announcement of Starlink - sounds very similar to what Starlink is.

I still believe video game journalists got trolled. Somebody provided the insiders with early information on Starlink and told them it's a Star Fox Diddy Kong Racing spin-off.

Skittzo

Oct 25, 2017
I gotta say this game actually looks fantastic. Do we have confirmation that all of the physical toys are 100% optional?

OP
OP

Deleted member 2791

Banned
Oct 25, 2017

I think that rumor - which was spread before the announcement of Starlink - sounds very similar to what Starlink is.

I still believe video game journalists got trolled. Somebody provided the insiders with early information on Starlink and told them it's a Star Fox Diddy Kong Racing spin-off.

It's not. Starlink and Star Fox by Retro Studios are two different games.

Sander VF

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
Tbilisi, Georgia

No it doesn't sound anything like what Star Link is at all.

And then Liam Robertson's more detailed description is most definitely not Star Link,

not_swift

May 2, 2018

How does an Ubisoft game get confused for a Retro Studios game?

Deleted member 10737

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
maybe they got these models from retro? they look really good, would they bother making these themselves?