• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

HardRojo

One Winged Slayer
Oct 25, 2017
Peru
Is it an unlimited thing that doesn't require jumping through hoops? (like contacting customer service)

flyinj

Oct 25, 2017
In Europe, can you refund a game if you play it less than two hours?

Doesn't EU law require that people can get refunds on products they are not satisfied with? Do console manufacturers just ignore it?

pswii60

Oct 27, 2017
The Milky Way
Not giving them any praise for this. It's insane that you can't cancel a pre-order right up until the second before release. A pre-order for goodness sake.

criteriondog

I like the chili style
Oct 26, 2017
Unexpected and great to hear. I wonder how you do this. Natively on the Switch e-shop?

Deleted member 10737

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
ah, so you're not really paying for the game when you pre-order more than 7 days before the game comes out. you get charged 7 days to release, at which point you can't cancel or get a refund.

Oct 25, 2017

Deleted member 9857

user requested account closure
Banned
Oct 26, 2017
well it's better than what they had before

also it looks like if you have a game on your wishlist that's on sale it shows how many days are left when viewing your wishlist which I'm pretty sure is also new?

Apr 26, 2020

Doesn't EU law require that people can get refunds on products they are not satisfied with? Do console manufacturers just ignore it?

The general rule is that you can return most products within 2 weeks of receiving your bought product, without giving any reason why you want to return it.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017
How does it work if you have a game pre-loaded? I mean there has been cases where games have been pre-loaded weeks before the release date.

That's a good move right there...hey Sony can u do that too the hassle this gen has been terrible
Sony has allowed cancellation of pre-orders for a while now, i think they canged their policy on this in April or May 2019. You can cancel a pre-order up to the release date, or within 14 days of purchace if you've bought it very close to release date (like if you've pre-ordered something 7 days before the release date, you can cancel the order 14 days from that date, so you can cancel the order even after the content has been released). You cant cancel the pre-order if you've started downloading the content however, including pre-loading (that usually doesnt happen before a few days before the release date, but still), so this aspect can be improved upon.

PlayStation® Official Site: Consoles, Games, Accessories & More

Explore the new generation PlayStation 4 and PS5 consoles - experience immersive gaming with thousands of hit games in every genre to rewrite the rules for what a PlayStation console can do.

test_account

Oct 25, 2017

As Doctor Phishshoe mentioend above, EU law says you can return most products within two weeks of purchase. This only applies if you've bought an item online or over the phone etc., and it doesnt apply if sealed media (software and movies) has been opened. I also dont think it applies to digital content once the download has started, because then you have technically opened the product. The seller has to inform the buyer about this though.

Great start. Your turn, Sony.
Sony do allow cancellation of pre-orders too.