• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

RedStep

Avenger
Oct 27, 2017
https://www.stateofdecay.com/2020/02/14/state-of-decay-2-juggernaut-edition/

This is a great update, I'm hoping this is the real impact of the "Game Pass Model" - developers can keep iterating on a game to keep it fresh without the "we made our money and need to move on" mindset.

Today, we are thrilled to announce State of Decay 2: Juggernaut Edition, an expanded and improved version that takes everything you love about State of Decay 2 and adds tons of new content and improvements for veteran and new players alike. Best of all, this is a free, automatic upgrade for all existing owners of State of Decay 2, including all Xbox Game Pass members.

We created a brand-new open world map for players to explore in a rugged logging town named Providence Ridge, and we completely rebuilt the post-tutorial experience to better teach players the key facets of playing State of Decay 2.There's also a new category of heavy melee weapons that reward player skill and timing, a wide range of graphical improvements (including better lighting and foliage optimization for better performance), and dodge and stealth are now split into separate commands as part of an improved control scheme.

mvdFLya.jpg

Juggernaut Edition also includes all three add-on packs released to date: Independence Pack, Daybreak Pack, and State of Decay 2: Heartland.

And, if you already own Daybreak, Heartland, or purchased the Ultimate Edition of State of Decay 2, we're sending you some exclusive in-game gifts that won't be available anywhere else. Simply log in on launch day to collect them! More on that coming later today.

Juggernaut Edition is also available for all Xbox Game Pass members, and launching for the first time on Steam with cross-network play across all platforms.

Arttemis

The Fallen
Oct 28, 2017
This game looked great pre-release, but I never had the opportunity to play it. These additions sound amazing, but does the core experience hold to well enough to merit the extra content?

Begaria

Oct 27, 2017
"REMASTERED GRAPHICS" - on a game a year old (edit: 2 years old - I forgot 2019 existed). Almost as if the game shouldn't have come out when it did.

Last edited:

RedSparrows

Prophet of Regret
Feb 22, 2019
This game looked great pre-release, but I never had the opportunity to play it. These additions sound amazing, but does the core experience hold to well enough to merit the extra content?

It's not super slick, but it has a very compelling loop at its core. Really fun in co-op too.

Sky87

Oct 27, 2017
Played it at launch and enjoyed it, but ran into a bug where the best (or second best) camp was impossible to capture for some reason. Stopped playing then.

Will probably buy during a Steam sale.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
New Map! Yeeessss
Its probably my most played or top 3 most played game this gen. Its a very deep game, its basically a management sim plus a 3rd person action game.

Last edited:

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
So in! I'd pre-ordered the Ultimate Edition but honestly didn't put as much time into this game as I should've.

Woffls

Nov 25, 2017
London
Really enjoyed my time with this State of Decay 2. Will get back into it whilst I'm waiting for mods to work with the latest Satisfactory update. Game pass stays winning đź‘Ś

m23

Oct 25, 2017
you aren't wrong here....when it's release the Graphics were 360 level

The game itself was great. Who was buying SoD2 for graphics? Anyone who played the first would know what to expect. I would have loved for them to be better, but the game itself and the experience was very good.

vsMIC

Oct 31, 2017
nice, the game keeps on giving.

played heavily at launch and regurlary come back for the updates.

Ebtesam

Self-Requested Ban
Apr 1, 2018
The game itself was great. Who was buying SoD2 for graphics? Anyone who played the first would know what to expect. I would have loved for them to be better, but the game itself and the experience was very good.
i didn't buy it nor play it on the Game Pass becouse of the graphics but now i'll

QuinchoOsito

Oct 10, 2018
Oh shit, this is awesome. I just recently got back into this game for the fourth time or so, but starting fresh on a new map sounds perfect right now.

Slightly unrelated: it always surprises me that this game doesn't get more love from people, is the main criticism that it wasn't enough of an improvement over the first game? I never played the first game so I wouldn't know.
Edit: besides the graphics, based on some of the responses lol

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
Slightly unrelated: it always surprises me that this game doesn't get more love from people, is the main criticism that it wasn't enough of an improvement over the first game? I never played the first game so I wouldn't know.

That and on release it was super buggy. like bethesda levels of buggy, like "i couldnt climb goddamn ladders before getting stuck in geometry" or "driving a car and touching anything made my car glitch the fuck out and killed my character" buggy. It was very bad.

And its also a xbox exclusive so you're not getting much people playing it, let alone here.

Deleted member 889

User requested account closure
Oct 25, 2017
I loved this game so much. My friends and I had so much fun playing through it a couple times. Hopefully we'll be able to jump back in on nightmare mode. Love this dev team and this series.

QuinchoOsito

Oct 10, 2018
That and on release it was super buggy. like bethesda levels of buggy, like "i couldnt climb goddamn ladders before getting stuck in geometry" or "driving a car and touching anything made my car glitch the fuck out and killed my character" buggy. It was very bad.
Ahh makes sense, I started playing like three months in and it still wasn't great in that area by then so I can only imagine at launch.

Rirse

Jun 29, 2019
That pretty cool. I got State of Decay 2 for free when I upgraded to the Xbox One X to get Red Dead 2 which Gamestop a free promo for SoD2 at the time. Never touched it but loved the original on the 360 and Steam so I am happy to wait and play the new version.

AshenOne

Feb 21, 2018
Pakistan
$10.49 in my region(SAR) on Steam. Nice MS as usual with the great pricing. Now that it has crossplay across all networks its available in i'll be buying this sooner or later confirmed.

Aswitch

Nov 27, 2017
Los Angeles, CA
I played the vanilla version when it came out. If you enjoyed the first one, its more of the same with some slight improvements here and there. The Jankiness was still there of course, but wasn't neccessarily expecting that to go away. Overall, I thoroughly enjoyed it.
Exactly. I wasn't really expecting to be blown away, the gameplay loop for sure is what keeps you hooked.

Overall Looking forward to this as I've skipped the previous dlcs so I think this is a great point to jump back in.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
$10.49 in my region(SAR) on Steam. Nice MS as usual with the great pricing. Now that it has crossplay across all networks its available in i'll be buying this sooner or later confirmed.

Not really usual. The euro price is alot of times to high. I keep harassing them about it. No new release should cost 70 euro on Steam.

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
This is awesome, great to hear more good stuff is coming to the game!

Kind of wish they added a lower difficulty though, or a relaxing difficulty where you don't get attacked as often. Sometimes I just want to explore without fearing that my community will be annihilated. :D

MDR

Jun 21, 2018
Oh shit, this is awesome. I just recently got back into this game for the fourth time or so, but starting fresh on a new map sounds perfect right now.

Edit: besides the graphics, based on some of the responses lol
I played about 150 hrs of the first, and about 80 Hrs of the second and I could not go back to SOD1.
SOD 2 improved soooo much in my opinion, a lot of quality of life improvements and new mechanics. The game now is more complex, and in SOD that means more things to worry about, that's maybe the reason people disliked it.
It's a tough game, you will loose your favorite character often, there is no way to be good (like in most RPG's) to everyone, you have to make calls and that often means kill other survivors to save others. For me is hands down the best zombie survival game, no other game comes close, but I understand that makes the game a bit of a niche game.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017

Kind of wish they added a lower difficulty though, or a relaxing difficulty where you don't get attacked as often. Sometimes I just want to explore without fearing that my community will be annihilated. :D

yeah, a toggle for no base attacks/base infighting would be great. it got annoying fast having to return to base every five minutes to babysit the community

Klobrille

Oct 27, 2017
Germany
It feels pretty much like a re-launch of the game.
  • expanded and improved version
  • tons of new content and improvements for veteran and new players
  • free, automatic upgrade for all existing owners of State of Decay 2, including all Xbox Game Pass members
  • brand-new open-world map in a town named Providence Ridge
  • new category of heavy melee weapons
  • wide range of graphical improvements (including better lighting and foliage optimization for better performance improved control scheme
  • fixed dozens of mission and gameplay bugs
  • improved the audio experience
  • launching for the first time on Steam with cross-network play across all platforms
  • launching on March 13 (Friday the 13th!)

EQwRKOcW4AQuMPl

EQwRKOfXUAMZmcs

EQwRKOcWAAAkaIz

elenarie

Game Developer
Verified
Jun 10, 2018
yeah, a toggle for no base attacks/base infighting would be great. it got annoying fast having to return to base every five minutes to babysit the community

I would also like to see some sort of a difficulty or setting that randomises the locations of the plague hearts and infections at the start, but stops them from spreading. So that I could explore the maps and the communities without having to find the ever-spreading zombies all the time.

Just some wishes, I realise this is against their vision, I still love the game, but would really like something like this. :D

SirBaron

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
My dad will be happy loves this game, for me however non stop disconnects on co-op, especially when driving. Which has pretty much been never fixed.
What's worse is I'm playing within the same damn house. Hopefully this update fixes it.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017

They have 3 difficulty levels now, not sure if the lowest one got any easier though.

Also, there are plenty of cheats through cheat engine or other places if you want to make it easier.

github.com

GitHub - JDimensional/SOD2-Mods: State Of Decay 2 Mods - Can be found ----->

State Of Decay 2 Mods - Can be found ----->. Contribute to JDimensional/SOD2-Mods development by creating an account on GitHub.

github.com

GitHub - JDimensional/sod2-cheat-table: State Of Decay 2 - Cheat Table / Cheat Engine

State Of Decay 2 - Cheat Table / Cheat Engine. Contribute to JDimensional/sod2-cheat-table development by creating an account on GitHub.

Landford

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Release date for those on mobile? Game shouldnt have launched when it did, it obviously needed a year or too in the oven.

litebrite

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
It feels pretty much like a re-launch of the game.
  • expanded and improved version
  • tons of new content and improvements for veteran and new players
  • free, automatic upgrade for all existing owners of State of Decay 2, including all Xbox Game Pass members
  • brand-new open-world map in a town named Providence Ridge
  • new category of heavy melee weapons
  • wide range of graphical improvements (including better lighting and foliage optimization for better performance improved control scheme
  • fixed dozens of mission and gameplay bugs
  • improved the audio experience
  • launching for the first time on Steam with cross-network play across all platforms
  • launching on March 13 (Friday the 13th!)

EQwRKOcW4AQuMPl

EQwRKOfXUAMZmcs

EQwRKOcWAAAkaIz
This and Ori and the Will of the Wisps is going to make March outstanding especially for Game Pass subscribers.
Release date for those on mobile? Game shouldnt have launched when it did, it obviously needed a year or too in the oven.
March 13th.

Zutrax

Oct 31, 2017
I played this game on release a while back, but the game felt a bit aimless. I always felt more compelled to play something like Dead Rising, Days Gone, or Dying Light because I felt there was a bit more structure to those.

Did the game get any significant improvements that make it feel like there's a more meaningful long term goal in mind? Or is this mainly just new maps and fixed bugs?

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
This is such a fun series, and something like this is a good excuse for me to jump back in. I totally fell off my play-through not too long after launch, for no particular reason.

Pryme

Aug 23, 2018
"REMASTERED GRAPHICS" - on a game a year old (edit: 2 years old - I forgot 2019 existed). Almost as if the game shouldn't have come out when it did.

Where's it written that only old and ancient games can have improved visuals?

Even more uncharitable when you consider that this is an AA game and the update is free.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
I played this game on release a while back, but the game felt a bit aimless. I always felt more compelled to play something like Dead Rising, Days Gone, or Dying Light because I felt there was a bit more structure to those.

Did the game get any significant improvements that make it feel like there's a more meaningful long term goal in mind? Or is this mainly just new maps and fixed bugs?

The gameplay philosophy is still the same, more of a simulation than an action game so if youre expecting dying light or dead island from it, its still not there and it never will. And thats a good thing, plenty of action heavy zombie games out there, the sim side of SoD is really rare and appreciated.

I guess Last of Us was another game that shouldnt have come out too then cause it was the one that actually got a REMASTERED version a year later