• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Goonie

Oct 26, 2017
Ow please. It's not like they wipe a clean slate and have to reinvent the wheel when they make a new game. They had increasing difficulty in State of Decay 1 (even better actually). The easy difficulty was a complaint from week 1.
They basically did start with a clean slate for 2, though? They changed engines and had to start from scratch. You could make the argument that they maybe missed the mark on difficulty for more experienced players at the start, but the game is definitely hard for new players. So I understand what you're saying, I just thought the wording in your first message was a little unfair and myopic.

Apr 4, 2018
Vancouver, BC
I had a great time with State of Decay 2, but haven't played much since about 6 months after launch. Thier post-launch support has been awesome, really looking forward to checking this out.

Goonie

Oct 26, 2017
Some really awesome patch notes here!

Notable changes (That I don't think have been mentioned yet):

- You can easily access your Legacy Pool to view and edit the list of characters available for future communities.​
- We enhanced our gore FX with dripping weapons after hits, more effects for dismemberment, and better splatter patterns.​
- The game's soundtrack has been greatly expanded with new compositions, alternate arrangements, and gameplay-specific music cues.​
- Killing a single zombie now instantly creates a moratorium on new spawns in the immediate area, and scoring a few more kills makes that no-spawning zone larger. This isn't a new system, but it acts much more quickly than before.​
- This means you are far less likely to have new zombies spawn in inappropriate places right after you think you've cleared them out.​
- This also creates subtle breaks in the pacing of the game, with more intense fights punctuated by more periods of quiet.​
There's a few before and after gifs and a bunch of bug fixes in the link as well.

MrH

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
I really enjoyed this game at launch, I definitely plan to go back one day.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan
Getting an update on Windows 10, might be out now!

EDIT: oh nvm, not it.

EDIT2:
5Kx5ndt.jpg

Last edited:
Feb 1, 2018
Europe
Definitely going to dive back in this weekend. Some of my friends have been obsessed by this game.

I just completed Doom 2016 and Plague Tale, so I need a new game to play.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I got an update. Do we have to download something or it's included in the update ? Xbox hère

agiantsheep

Oct 27, 2017
The PC update just adds a message saying the game needs to be uninstalled to install the juggernaut edition. Not sure if the Xbox is the same?

deimosmasque

Ugly, Queer, Gender-Fluid, Drive-In Mutant, yes?
Apr 22, 2018
Tampa, Fl
My only real complaint about the game is how after the tutorial any actual character story ends. It just seems as basically every character becomes the same except for stats and skills. I may be wrong though I never got too deep into it.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The PC update just adds a message saying the game needs to be uninstalled to install the juggernaut edition. Not sure if the Xbox is the same?
I don't know but seeing that this update includes all previously dlc and right now on Xbox dlc are separate download. Maybe we need to download again

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Have they added more story and better missions? I fell off the initial release hard because the game felt like it lacked any direction to me.

lucebuce

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Pakistan

Bugalugs214

Banned
Nov 26, 2017
I love the base building and search/explore stuff but the missions and the constant having to help randoms and infections everywhere just kills it.
Im guessing the new stuff will be up early saturday morning in Aus?

Johannes

Oct 28, 2017
How enjoyable is the game as a purely single-player experience? I'm curious to try this out on Gamepass, but at the moment the time is very limited so I wouldn't want to spend half a dozen hours with a game that didn't click with me if it's main strength lies on the online co-op gameplay.

Heatster101

Oct 27, 2017
How enjoyable is the game as a purely single-player experience? I'm curious to try this out on Gamepass, but at the moment the time is very limited so I wouldn't want to spend half a dozen hours with a game that didn't click with me if it's main strength lies on the online co-op gameplay.
I found it perfectly enjoyable in single player, you do get NPCs who tag along for missions etc

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Would say the game is more SP focused then coop focused.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
So we need delete previous release and dlc and download only this one later today ?

Zedelima

â–˛ Legend â–˛
Oct 25, 2017
Very enjoyable
I would say that co-op is not important here

valentine71

Prophet of Truth
Oct 27, 2017
USA
I was checking the game today and there is a DLC called Heartlands or something. I think it is what you are looking for.

m23

Oct 25, 2017
I wish I had time to jump back into this game. The post release support has been nothing short of amazing.

Agamon

Aug 1, 2019
I haven't gotten around to this yet, but I really enjoyed the first SoD. Gotta check this out.

Windu

Oct 25, 2017
I might jump in but Is this worth playing alone ? any kind of narrative ?
The Heartland DLC which came out last year has a narrative. All DLC will be included in this update.

Age Gate - State of Decay

The Game never really had an engaging story imo others may disagree, people loved the simple story in the first game for some odd reason. The game is a simulator first and foremost. This game is like if you combined a Zombie Survival game with the Sims.

And as for playing alone, that is the way its meant to be played.

Falus

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The Heartland DLC which came out last year has a narrative. All DLC will be included in this update.

Age Gate - State of Decay

The Game never really had an engaging story imo others may disagree, people loved the simple story in the first game for some odd reason. The game is a simulator first and foremost. This game is like if you combined a Zombie Survival game with the Sims.

And as for playing alone, that is the way its meant to be played.
So if we have the original game and heartland separated better delete everything and downloading the updated game later ?
When will it be ?

SirMossyBloke

Oct 26, 2017
So it hasn't unlocked on Steam yet, and my Gamepass hasn't updated the title, so I'm assuming there's some kind of delay.