• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Deleted member 39587

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 6, 2018
By definition if it launches on Steam, State Of Decay 2 went from exclusive to multiplat.
No, no, no, no, no. DirectX12, which the game requires = Windows 10 exclusive. Even if it releases on Steam, with Dx12 it is still Win10 exclusive. Just like they announced.
The announcement at E3 does not say "Windows Store Exclusive", it says "Windows 10 Exclusive".

Al3x1s

Banned
Nov 13, 2017
Greece
Nah, clearly it's Steam getting on Xbone confirmation. Play all your PC library on Xbone! Megaton! Change thread title!

Glad more of these games won't be shackled to the Windows Store when they come to PC :o)

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'll play the game through gamepass probably but if it comes to Steam without any bullshit (like trojan horsing w10 store like ubi does with uplay) I'll definitely buy it. MS should just give up on PC and realize this is what people want. They'll actually sell some games if they do this.

grosvenor92

Dec 2, 2017
As a fan of the first game I hope it comes to Steam even though I haven't really been following it since it got announced

Nzyme32

Oct 28, 2017
Neat!
Never played the first one but was always intrigued by it. If this improves on it, I might be in.

I didn't play the first one either. If memory serves, I remember a lot of anger over the re-release or complete edition or whatever it was, and they stopped people being able to buy the original version.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018
Probably only Windows 10, just like Below. Hope for crossplay with the MS Store and Xbox achievements built in.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Ashen is W10 only also. It says that on Steam and the dev said at PAX the game was coming to Xbox One and Windows 10 pc.

SuikerBrood

Jan 21, 2018

OG_Thrills

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They were particular that it was on Xbox and Windows 10, as far as I remember. I'm almost positive you're mistaken.

Windows 10 and XBOX exclusive is what they announced the game as. Check the 37.86 mark of their E3 presser

Steam is another platform so even by Microsofts lose definition of exclusive. IF this info is correct the this game went from "exclusive" to multiplat. That is the only point I'm making.

Goonie

Oct 26, 2017
Windows 10 and XBOX exclusive is what they announced the game as. Check the 37.86 mark of their E3 presser

Steam is another platform so even by Microsofts lose definition of exclusive. IF this info is correct the this game went from "exclusive" to multiplat. That is the only point I'm making.
I'm not knowledgeable about all of this, so I could be very wrong, but I think the point they're trying to make is that Windows 10 is an OS, not a platform or store. If they had said, "Exclusive to Microsoft Store and Xbox One," and then came to Steam, you would be right about the exclusive -> multiplatform point.

Gestault

Oct 26, 2017
I'm not knowledgeable about all of this, so I could be very wrong, but I think the point they're trying to make is that Windows 10 is an OS, not a platform or store. If they had said, "Exclusive to Microsoft Store and Xbox One," and then came to Steam, you would be right about the exclusive -> multiplatform point.

Bingo.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
It will come to Steam after few months no doubt just like QB and Halo wars

Its not the simple really. Halo Wars 2 isnt there where Halo Wars 1 is. Recore isnt there as many other games.
We cant really say wich games come or not. But Undead said from the beginning "stay tuned" so its probably a given and the first one was on it also. But because QB and Halo Wars 1 came its not by default.

RevenantAxe

Banned
Apr 16, 2018
Its not the simple really. Halo Wars 2 isnt there where Halo Wars 1 is. Recore isnt there as many other games.
We cant really say wich games come or not. But Undead said from the beginning "stay tuned" so its probably a given and the first one was on it also. But because QB and Halo Wars 1 came its not by default.

Hmm you have a point.

I think if sales are not upto MS expectations then I think it will definitely come in future.