• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Chairmanchuck (另一个我)

Teyvat Traveler
Oct 25, 2017
China
Seems State of Decay 2 might be coming to Steam and not just the Windows Store.

The PAX East Demo seems to "imply" that it connects to Steam servers:

9w9sd1rlclr01.png

Edit: Im not sure what happened and why my thread title just says "Screenshot"...

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
Hopefully. I'm interested in this game, but no way I would buy it on the crappy Windows 10 Store (which doesn't have regional pricing in addition to being the shittiest app store I've ever used).

Tecnniqe

Community Resettler
Oct 25, 2017
Antarctica
Like I said in that other PAX thread with the image, it's not announced officially but have been expected as the first was on Steam and they've not really said anything about it not being there so it was assumed it would come to steam a few months or so down the line after the initial Xbox/WinStore launch.

Black_Red

Oct 27, 2017
After game pass, Im not worried about games being windows store only, I would even advise against getting it there unless you really want to support the devs with the sale, since getting gamepass for 10 USD/month is such a good deal to play this game and the other games already there.

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
With Game Pass and Play Anywhere being Windows 10 store only and the incentive to go there, i see no reason to not have the game as a normal sell on Steam.
At this point, the 30% royalty is no loss anymore. You don't expect to be game sales your majority revenue driver anyway anymore...

Shrennin

Oct 25, 2017
After game pass, Im not worried about games being windows store only, I would even advise against getting it there unless you really want to support the devs with the sale, since getting gamepass for 10 USD/month is such a good deal to play this game and the other games already there.

With Game Pass and Play Anywhere being Windows 10 store only and the incentive to go there, i see no reason to not have the game as a normal sell on Steam.
At this point, the 30% royalty is no loss anymore. You don't expect to be game sales your majority revenue driver anyway anymore...

Yeah, this could mean we see more Microsoft titles release on Steam as people would be directly buying it as opposed to Windows 10 where people will have the incentive of GamePass and other features like Play Anywhere. It could be the best of both worlds.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
Will Halo 6 and Forza Horizon 4 be on steam then? I don't believe so.

Cliff Steele

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
The devs kinda confirmed it to me at GamesCom last year. Though the answers were very vague. Good to see. Will get that version then.

Steverulez

Oct 27, 2017
Good spot but the website has always said stay tuned on this so was always likely sooner rather than later with SOD and YOSE hitting Steam. I expect Ori 2 May get it as well

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
It could happen.

Eventually Microsoft will realize that 50K sold at 0% royalty fees is worse than 500K at 30% royalty fees.
Its not really about sales. Otherwise they wont give free copies away with Play Anywhere. I think they also know they probably sell more on Steam.
But MS is always about expanding the ecosystem.

Tagyhag

Oct 27, 2017
Its not really about sales. Otherwise they wont give free copies away with Play Anywhere. I think they also know they probably sell more on Steam.
But MS is always about expanding the ecosystem.

True that, but at this point, I do wonder just how much it's expanding on the PC side of things.

Oct 25, 2017
Great news! . I'm interested in the game but there's no way I'm going to use Microsft Store. Hopefully Ori will come to Steam as well. And Microsft's first party titles. Though they're probably out of the question.
It could happen.

Eventually Microsoft will realize that 50K sold at 0% royalty fees is worse than 500K at 30% royalty fees.
I want Microsoft games on Steam as much as any other PC gamer. But they already know that. Any sane person knows that. It's about getting people into their ecosystem, not sales.

Kenzodielocke

Oct 25, 2017
I feel like if a game does not well, it will come to steam. Honestly felt that way with QB and both Halo Wars games.

JINX

Oct 25, 2017
Great news! . I'm interested in the game but there's no way I'm going to use Microsft Store. Hopefully Ori will come to Steam as well. And Microsft's first party titles. Though they're probably out of the question.

I want Microsoft games on Steam as much as any other PC gamer. But they already know that. Any sane person knows that. It's about getting people into their ecosystem, not sales.
Ori and SOD are first party titles, both IP's are owned and funded by MS.

Kasey

Nov 1, 2017
Boise
I've always expected a Steam release after 6 months or so. Huge Steam community for the first game.

defaltoption

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Austin
I just don't understand why they wouldn't release on both, they will likely never be the main platform for PC gaming so why such a hard push to their store, just release on both then if you still want people to buy at your store offer incentives like game-pass, play anywhere, or release a week or two early, even cross-play though that one specifically would really suck to keep exclusive. Why not have the benefits of steams user base and their own stores fee savings.

Same goes for EA with Origin, Epic with theirs and really anyone else on PC, just let players choose the platform they want and you want to be that platform be the better platform. Exclusive stuff sucks for literally all players regardless of if they don't mind or not.

Last edited:

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
I really hope there's crossplay with Steam - Xbox - Win10. Killer Instinct had it and it would be amazing if SoD had it.

Red Alert

Banned
Mar 25, 2018
Good. Its almost like a trend decent xbox exclusives comes to Steam while meh games doesnt. Cuphead, Killer Instinct and Quantum Break are also on Steam

Ge0force

Self-requested ban.
Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Belgium
Since I refuse to support the Windows Store in it's current state, this is great news for me! I can only hope that the majority of PC gamers waits for the Steam release, or this may be one of the last MS published games coming to Steam.

Hopefully Ori will come to Steam as well.

Someone posted a leaked document on Era a few weeks ago where Ori 2 was mentioned as a Windows Store launch exclusive, so there's hope.

matimeo

UI/UX Game Industry Veteran
Verified
Oct 26, 2017
Not a dev studio owned by MS , so future steam release makes sense.
Wonder how long xbox/win 10 store will have exclusivity and how many will use game pass to try it out rather than wait. Should be interesting metrics for MS to track.

Abdulrahman

Oct 30, 2017
Makes sense because the OG SoD and the remaster are on Steam.

But I really wonder why MS delisted Fable 3.

Praxis

Sausage Tycoon
Oct 25, 2017
UK
May as well wait for the Steam release then, even if it's a couple of months. I try my hardest not to use Windows store after some of the experiences I've had.

Deleted member 39587

User requested account closure
Banned
Feb 6, 2018
Any game can be ported anywhere. I'm not disputing that at all. I was asking if XBOX introduced SOD2 as an XBOX exclusive.

I went back and checked the E3 tapes.

They did.
I literally checked the video you linked! They announced it as XBOX & Windows 10 Exclusive.
How can you claim to have checked the E3 tapes when you obviously didn't?

Last edited: