• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which May exclusive game are you more excited for?

• State of Decay 2

Votes: 650 47.8%
  • Detroit: Become Human

Votes: 711 52.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

GamerDude

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
I'm looking forward to both State of Decay 2 (May 22) and Detroit: Become Human (May 25). I think it's fun that these exclusives are coming out so close together. Which one are you more excited for, and why? Which game will sell better? Review better?

sambills

Banned
Nov 14, 2017
As someone who doesnt own an XBOX and has loved every big ps4 exclusive so far, State of Decay 2

tophu

Oct 27, 2017
More excited for Detroit and it will sell better but review worse. Cage games are my guilty pleasure. They're so dumb but something about them fills a void that I don't get from other video games today. (except Until Dawn)

Calibro

Oct 27, 2017
Belarus
I'm not expecting anything good out of a David Cage game. State of Decay 2 looks very interesting even if it's a zombie game. Clear choice here. (please release it on Steam though, win10 store can fuck off)

Oct 25, 2017
Not interested in either but at least I expect State of Decay 2 to not be super problematic based off who is making it.

Last edited:

Silky

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Georgia
State of Decay 2 is looking real good. The only worry is that they haven't really shown Xbox One footage at all -- all of it has been PC.

David Cage games are fatherless

Soony Xbone Uhh

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
State of Decay, because i can play it on PC.
That game will also "sell" better.

Caiusto

Oct 25, 2017
I can't stand Quantic Dream games, and SoD2 is gonna be the perfect sequel to SoD. So...

Wagram

Banned
Nov 8, 2017
Theydon't really have anything to do with each other.

Picking up Detroit for sure, might Game Pass State of Decay sometime.

WhovianGamer

Banned
Oct 28, 2017
Detroit. It's more ambitious and is pushing narrative in interesting ways. It may not be perfect and it may have flaws, but I like that they try. I've found merit in all of their games so far.

Dec 15, 2017
State of Decay 2: The first one got zombie apocalypse right, like no other game. I kinda cared about those NPC's and wanted to save them and build my own version of Terminus. Regarding Detroit I can't wait until it hits Netflix.

Oct 30, 2017
Detroit. I didn't think SOD1 was that good, but I think it was very promising. I'm eager to see what they do for 2, but Detroit just looks so much more interesting to me either way.

Gundam

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I'm surprised at how good SoD 2 has been looking lately. The E3 footage put me off big time but the recent coverage makes this game look ridiculous for $30.

And Detroit is a David Cage game.

So my vote goes to SoD 2, easy.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Looking more forward to SoD2. Detroit looks great but have a feeling i dont get enough for it for the price. Will get it later with a pricedrop or sale. SoD2 is way more attractive that way also for me with 30 bucks or Gamepass.
SoD i really enjoyed even when it was janky as hell. But the whole idea is just great and still cant believe no other devs really did it. SoD2 looks like a improvement on all fronts really. Better engine, better performance, better visuals, more maps, more building and coop option. Dont know what will sell or review better. Dont care really and sales guessing is so difficult now because of Gamepass.

DarthWalden

Prophet of Truth
The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Not really excited for either but I guess I'll go with state of decay since I'll actually give that a shot thanks to gamepass.

Chalfonts

Banned
Apr 3, 2018
Don't know much about state of decay 2 but I'm not a big fan of David Cage's Simon says games so not Detroit

SoftTaur

Oct 25, 2017
I have no idea what State of Decay is so that puts it leaps and bounds ahead of Detroit in my book.

Eolz

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
FR
SMT Strange Journey Redux.
Or DKC Tropical Freeze again.
Both more interesting to me than those two in the poll. If I can't say that, then the one that isn't a QD game.

Apex88

Jan 15, 2018
Ones a major AAA blockbuster.

The others a AA indie.

Don't see why they'd be compared. It's like comparing Labo with GoW!

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Detroit I guess. Any hype I had with SoD 2 was crushed when it was revealed to be another budget game and then when the game itself was shown off at IGN it looks way too identical to the first game. Not just graphics but animations, zombie types, mechanics, and locations. I'll play it when I eventually get my X but man talk about excitement being wiped away in a couple of days.

Granted I don't have much excitement for Detroit either. It's really hard to with David Cage having a history of such god awful writing.

LonestarZues

Oct 27, 2017
I voted for State of Decay 2, but I'm looking forward to both and with Gamepass I don't have to worry about buying 2 games. I'll play State of Decay 2 up until Detroit launches then I'll finish that and jump back on State of Decay 2.

Oct 25, 2017
State of Decay 2 by a considerable amount. Really enjoyed my time with 1.

Detroit looks great... but is a QD game. I'm wait and see on it.

Figments

Spencer’s little helper
Oct 25, 2017
California
State of Decay 2.

David Cage is a hack who desperately wants to be a critically-acclaimed Hollywood director and yet doesn't understand the first thing about how to write a good story.

Vinc

Oct 25, 2017
I'm a little apprehensive of Detroit. It's more up my alley, but David Cage games, while fun, are a little played out to me right now. I just want... an actual good story in one of those. Game stories are far above the likes of Beyond and Heavy Rain now. But I'm still hoping it's great, and I'll pick it up. I'm not a big State of Decay fan, but I'll probably check it out on Game Pass. I' guess I'm more excited for Detroit overall.

Benzychenz

One Winged Slayer
Nov 1, 2017
Australia
I don't even know what State of Decay is but I voted for that because I have about a negative interest in Detroit.

Grimsen

Oct 25, 2017
I loved the first State Of Decay. I don't own and Xbox one, so if I do get part deux, it'll have to be on PC.

I liked heavy rain, and the one after that was okay, my girlfriend liked it more than I did. I have no hype for Detroit. I'm getting it only because I got a good preorder discount.

Oct 27, 2017
I would never ever ever be excited for a David Cage game. His games are all terrible.

State of Decay 1 was fun, but I'm not super excited for 2 because whatever man.