• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which May exclusive game are you more excited for?

• State of Decay 2

Votes: 650 47.8%
  • Detroit: Become Human

Votes: 711 52.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

melodiousmowl

Jan 14, 2018
CT
Detroit for me.

I have no connection to SoD, I've got the first game on Steam or somewhere but never got round to it and from the outside it just looks like another Zombie game, whereas David Cage's games - despite their flaws - offer something largely different and original than the majority of games out there.
I made the mistake of sitting on it for along time, but it's really quite engrossing.

Parshias

Oct 25, 2017
I'm looking forward to the Northerlion LP of Detroit, so I guess I should pick that one.

I'm not going to play either of them.

kevin1025

Oct 25, 2017
If it weren't for Game Pass, I'd probably say Detroit. But State of Decay 2 on PC due to Game Pass is the winner of the two, for me.

Macca

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit: Become Human. Can't wait to play this with friends(and mock some aspects of it of course). Loved Heavy Rain back in the day, Beyond not so much but it was okay.

Zhukov

Banned
Dec 6, 2017
SOD2 looks unremarkable, but I'd still pick that over the alternative.

I know better than to give a David Cage game even so much as a derisive glance, let alone actual money or time.

Have we forgotten Beyond Two Souls so soon? Or, y'know, every single thing he's made? Come on people, basic pattern recognition!

iceblade

Oct 25, 2017
Detroit. I really liked Beyond: Two Souls and Heavy Rain, and so far everything they've shown of Detroit interests me as well. It's also one of the games I bought a PS4 to play.

Oct 25, 2017
SOD2 looks unremarkable, but I'd still pick that over the alternative.

I know better than to give a David Cage game even so much as a derisive glance, let alone actual money or time.

Have we forgotten Beyond Two Souls so soon? Or, y'know, every single thing he's made? Come on people, basic pattern recognition!

Shocking, but some people enjoy his games.

enMTW

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
David Cage is a brutal misogynist who's MeToo moment is coming any day now.

State of Decay 2 might be fun.

RedRum

Newbie Paper Plane Pilot
Oct 25, 2017
What's special about this gif?

The lighting and how it's exceptionally dark in just that one area. Enough for you to see the glowing eyes of the zombie. Lightening in games done right is a huge plus for me. I can't imagine how awesome it would be when instead of one set of eyes, there's a shitload coming after you.

christocolus

Oct 27, 2017
State of Decay 2 is my most anticipated game of the year, but I'll get Detroit at some point.

SpectacularBlankEmperorshrimp-max-14mb.gif
Nice gif. SoD2 for me but I'll get Detroit much later in the year.

Deleted member 11413

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
I don't even have an Xbox One but State of Decay 2 looks cool. Detroit seems like it could be interesting, or it could be a trainwreck.

TheZodiacAge

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Didn't plan to get either because Detroit is a game that usually gets like half the price 2 weeks after release and SoD isn't probably releasing on Steam on Day 1 aka it doesn't exist.
But after reading a couple replies here i will get Detroit at full price just to support them so they can keep making amazing games!

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Are you actually listening to the things people are saying? Because it's not people complaining about "walking simulators." It's always about the narrative being tone deaf and at the worst of times, straight up racist, and all three of his games are guilty of that. Now they're tackling the idea of slavery, literally set in Detroit and two of the main leads are white, which is begging for white savior tropes, and there's already been aspects of that in the debut trailer:
18uz0uV.gif

. They created a trailer that starts with a black man singing "Hold On Just A Little While Longer." Introduced a new lead, also a PoC, his first line is literally "This is a night our people will remember." then later David Cage said the game wasn't trying to be overtly political. Like it's ridiculous that he doesn't seem to realize how tone deaf that is. HE'S ridiculous.
I did read. Seceral times. Almost daily in every single QD thread.
And you know the value of opinions from people that started by not liking the game, the studio and the director? The value of their opinions is 0.

That would be like me going to a thread about a game I never liked or care about. And tried to impose my opinion on others.
Here is what I do when I see a thread about a game or even a genre that I do not like. I do not click on it. I know it might shock you that some people does that. But belive me, that's what I do.

Also looking forward to have that huge mod edit on the OT. After some of this people that did not played the game, and do not even plan to buy it, go there to regurgitate the same things already said here.

H3rTz DoNuT

Oct 30, 2017
I'm going with Detroit: Become Human. I didn't like much first SoD so I don't expect to like second one either. I haven't play Beyond Two Souls and Heavy Rain but I really liked Fahrenheit so there is a chance I will like this one too.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
I did read. Seceral times. Almost daily in every single QD thread.
And you know the value of opinions from people that started by not liking the game, the studio and the director? The value of their opinions is 0.

That would be like me going to a thread about a game I never liked or care about. And tried to impose my opinion on others.
Here is what I do when I see a thread about a game or even a genre that I do not like. I do not click on it. I know it might shock you that some people does that. But belive me, that's what I do.

Also looking forward to have that huge mod edit on the OT. After some of this people that did not played the game, and do not even plan to buy it, go there to regurgitate the same things already said here.
Gonna need receipts on the implication that everyone who has issues with David Cage's games went into them with disinterest. If anything, the exact opposite is more common.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Gonna need receipts on the implication that everyone who has issues with David Cage's games went into them with disinterest. If anything, the exact opposite is more common.
Just look at this thread. And how many people are already saying that the game will be a mess. And that he writing will be awful.
Unless they can see the future. I will say that they already have no interest in playing it, and are already trashing it.

So weird that you told me to read all the comments when you didn't do it yourself.

xrnzaaas

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Don't care about State of Decay, I am interested in Detroit, but I'll wait. I have a huge backlog and it shouldn't be that long for Detroit's price to drop.

Novocaine

Oct 26, 2017
I don't have a PS4 at the moment so State of Decay. Although I hope it's less janky than the first game. Even still I've never been big on David Cage games.

Ushay

Oct 27, 2017
SoD 2 easily. Will get lost in that world, hopefully the campaign is much improved over the last one.

That being said, Detroit is a very different game. I'd end up playing this too. They both get my money in the end haha.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
More excited for Detroit and it will sell better but review worse. Cage games are my guilty pleasure. They're so dumb but something about them fills a void that I don't get from other video games today. (except Until Dawn)

I think state of decay will sell better.
More popular genre
On 2 platforms instead of one
Half the price

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Just look at this thread. And how many people are already saying that the game will be a mess. And that he writing will be awful.
Unless they can see the future. I will say that they already have no interest in playing it, and are already trashing it.

So weird that you told me to read all the comments when you didn't do it yourself.
Did you miss the part where none of the footage so far has shown improvements in Cage's writing?

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Did you miss the part where none of the footage so far has shown improvements in Cage's writing?
Did you missed the part where the game was not released yet? Are we judging the all story of the game based on the trailer. That's how petty people are now?

Also see. I knew those coments where there, without the need I had to check. ERA hating on QD is as predictable as claiming that the sun will go up.

And honestly is starting to became a bit boring. But hey, if you like to say the same thing over and over and over again. And try to imposse your opinion on others for a game that you have no interest to begin with, then knock yourself out. Have fun I guess. Doubt anyone who genuinely cares about the game will care much about that opinion. But you can always try.

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Did you missed the part where the game was not released yet? Are we judging the all story of the game based on the trailer. That's how petty people are now?

Also see. I knew those coments where there, without the need I had to check. ERA hating on QD is as predictable as claiming that the sun will go up.

And honestly is starting to became a bit boring. But hey, if you like to say the same thing over and over and over again. And try to imposse your opinion on others for a game that you have no interest to begin with, then knock yourself out. Have fun I guess. Doubt anyone who genuinely cares about the game will care much about that opinion. But you can always try.
His interviews have also indicated that he's not any less tone deaf than he was before. Again, literally a trailer started with a black man singing "Hold On Just A Little Longer." and got followed by David Cage saying the game isn't trying to be political. Another trailer featured David Cage's idea of what abuse looks like, as in, completely over the top and not at all a realistic take literally WHAT indication is there that the game will not be incredibly tone deaf?

Chaos2Frozen

Nov 3, 2017
I don't expect either to make any waves unlike GOW and SOT.

I'll be REALLY surprised if SOD2 is what turned the impression of XB1 exclusives around. I'll be less surprise when people try to use Detroit as a talking point for the "turning point of Sony's 1st party quality".

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
His interviews have also indicated that he's not any less tone deaf than he was before. Again, literally a trailer started with a black man singing "Hold On Just A Little Longer." and got followed by David Cage saying the game isn't trying to be political. Another trailer featured David Cage's idea of what abuse looks like, as in, completely over the top and not at all a realistic take literally WHAT indication is there that the game will not be incredibly tone deaf?
Oh you literally really want to do this.

Discuss personal opinions and tastes like what you personal feel of what is not good writing, is consider a fact.

Ok then, I guess. If you feel that way, not really sure how you want me to reply. You want me to dispute something that is COMPLETELY SUBJECTIVE?

Crossing Eden

Oct 26, 2017
Oh you literally really want to do this.

Discuss personal opinions and tastes like what you personal feel of what is not good writing, is consider a fact.

Ok then, I guess. If you feel that way, not really sure how you want me to reply. You want me to dispute something that is COMPLETELY SUBJECTIVE?
Again, what indication from any of the trailers and demos have indicated that THIS TIME David Cage hasn't created a tone deaf game?

scabobbs

Oct 28, 2017
I find both of these games extremely uninteresting. If I had to pick I'd go state of decay I guess, but I'd never pay full price for either

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Again, what indication from any of the trailers and demos have indicated that THIS TIME David Cage hasn't created a tone deaf game?
I don't know. You just have to wait for reviews and when people actually play it I guess.

Not really sure where you trying to go with this conversation. Want to discuss movie tastes next?
I'm going to play GoW now. You know, the game in wich the traillers do not show the narrative how the actual game is.

Echo

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Mt. Whatever

Hope it stays the course for May release.

I will get SoD2 from the W10 store once I finish building my proper PC and can move on from my laptop which only has a 2GB 940MX.

I was interested in Detroit for a while but, I dunno, it looks like too many characters at once. Too many ideas at once. I don't think they have the means to make it all come together. Willing to bet reviews will show that too. And the internal drama from that studio? Fuckin' gross.

dreamlongdead

Nov 5, 2017
Detroit's critical reception is much more uncertain than State of Decay 2. The latter will likely be a well-regarded game because it's a proven quantity.

Detroit could either be really good or bad, but I think it's a more interesting game to follow. If the reviews are super strong, then I think you'll definitely see the results of the poll go in the other direction.

Arklite

Oct 27, 2017
I'm more excited to see how Detroit turns out, but I'm going to pick up Decay 2 for co-op. It's sounding kind of limited, though. Two zombie survival base building games within months of each other (MG Survive) and both seem to shy from full co-op.