• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Which May exclusive game are you more excited for?

• State of Decay 2

Votes: 650 47.8%
  • Detroit: Become Human

Votes: 711 52.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017
If I'm correctly informed, State of Decay is mostly a single-player thing with optional co-op multiplayer.

You are, online MP wasnt even a thing in the first game.

Game is also focused on survival and managing your community instead of mowing down hordes of zombies. It's as far as "just another zombie game" as it can be, the closest thing of a true walking dead game that we have today (even more than the telltale ones)

crash-14

Oct 27, 2017
Judging by this thread, you'd never know that Detroit was voted the 6th most anticipated game of 2018 by the ResetEra community.

Or maybe all the QD fans are just stuck in this thunderstorm right now.

I still can't believe it tbh...
This forum hates David Cage with a passion and whenever a new Detroit thread opens it rarely generates any major talk. I don't see much excitement unfortunately.

Maybe because people that actually like Quantic Dream games don't need to voice their opinion on every thread created.

It's like if David Cage haters had a Batman signal.

I'm positive Detroit it's going to review pretty good (Horizon levels).

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Not hyped for state of decay because it's just another zombie game I've played a gazillion of.
I would genuinely like to know which zombie games you've played that are like State of Decay (1 or 2). I remember at the time of release State of Decay, while janky, was very unique in a ton of its systems, especially compared to a lot of the competition (much of which was terrible).

So if there's something there that provides the same experience I really would love to check it out while waiting for SoD2 to come out.

Deleted member 11262

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
"I don't like it therefore everyone else didnt as well and if they said they did, they're lying"

You don't have an argument, you just have a ridiculously inflated ego. Not even worth discussing anything with you. Specially because you're not even reading anything anyway, the post was never about your opinion.
That's clearly a great argument.
a small handful of people who might vote against detroit just because don't like cage doesnt mean all 433 people did it.
I said it's one of the reasons, but in order to notice that you actually would need to argue in faith and well...read what you're replying to.

in fact more people in this thread voted for detroit without knowing anything about the game just because "it was cage" or "i like single player games and i believe sod2 is multiplayer only" or "sod is just another zombie game so detroit wins", which is funny because goes completely against your point
Another bullshit argument, which I discussed in my previous post, but you chose to deflect. I wonder why.

The one thing you do is putting words in someone else's mouth, because there are literally zero arguments from you.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
It's really not, though -- It's probably one of the most unique zombie games I've played (the first one anyway).

It's essentially a survival sim and a base management sim, with some perma-death elements thrown in and some gut-wrentching choices to make through a very non-linear campaign.

Have you played the first one?

I haven't. Since the first one is probably hella cheap right now maybe I should give that one a try. Sometimes I just feel burnt out on zombie games because they are literally everywhere.

Edit: Or at least I percieve them to be everywhere

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
I forget both of these games exist on a fairly regular basis, so...neither. Detroit will probably do better, State of Decay will probably be better, and I'll just be sitting over here wishing Sony gave the Until Dawn team enough money to make a full sequel to that game. They did David Cage's style better than Cage himself ever could.

HamCormier

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I haven't. Since the first one is probably hella cheap right now maybe I should give that one a try. Sometimes I just feel burnt out on zombie games because they are literally everywhere.

Edit: Or at least I percieve them to be everywhere

The first game is janky as hell, almost charmingly so (depending on your tolerence level), but you can clearly see the potential in it. It's almost a CRPG with zombies in a lot of ways.

Now with more polish, co-op and more action-focused gameplay (tighter gunplay and better animation feedback), the second one should be even better.

Jeffrey Guang

Nov 4, 2017
Taiwn
Detroit is gonna win in the end because of userbase. I'm literally surprised that State of Decay 2 have managed to be on top for several pages/hours.

I don't know if that means that SoD2 looks better than I find it or that detroit looks even more boring than it looks to me.

Well, the user base of SoD2 is Xbox One plus PC so that's that.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
That's clearly a great argument.

I said it's one of the reasons, but in order to notice that you actually would need to argue in faith and well...read what you're replying to.

Another bullshit argument, which I discussed in my previous post, but you chose to deflect. I wonder why.

The one thing you do is putting words in someone else's mouth, because there are literally zero arguments from you.

The only thing you said is that you saw some videos about detroit that are avaliable and you think SoD2 is a janky mess and people voting for it are doing "solely because of the fact they actively want to choose against Detroit" because "i mean, come on". I'm not putting words on anyones mouth, unfortunately these are your own posts. For some uncanny reason you seem to be unable to comprehend some people actually want to play SoD2 not because they hate Cage or because they are not "up to the task" of playing more story-driven games (lmao) and thats your opinion. But this thread is not about you. Neither i want to waste any more time discussing Dadasch's gospel on games so if you want to continue it, please do it elsewhere with someone else

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
[QUOTE="Reven Wolf, post: 7058997, member: 5946]
The first state of decay sold incredibly well for a small team, mainly because despite the jank, it provided gameplay that was incredibly fun and something that was pretty much entirely unique compared to other zombie games (most of which are/were terrible).

State of Decay 2 seems to have built on all the stuff that the fans loved about the first one, along with a new coat of paint which was sorely needed. There are tons of reasons why someone would prefer it over a QD game. Hell there are reasons why others might prefer it over other big releases too.[/QUOTE]

My fear is that it's not going to build off the first game. I believe that the single player campaign is going to be dumbed down in favor of multiplayer, which looks to be the focus. Couple that with the fact that it's releasing on Gamepass for free, and I just don't see it having the content or mechanics that made the original so good.

bane833

Banned
Nov 3, 2017
Still have to play the first State of Decay so not going to get part 2 anytime soon. Detroit is a maybe depending on the reviews.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
My fear is that it's not going to build off the first game. I believe that the single player campaign is going to be dumbed down in favor of multiplayer, which looks to be the focus. Couple that with the fact that it's releasing on Gamepass for free, and I just don't see it having the content or mechanics that made the original so good.

Multiplayer suits the style they wanted for the game (the first one as well, but couldnt yet) but its not the focus nor it will dumb down the single campaign. Also regarding being on GP you think the new Forza and Halo games won't have the content or mechanics because they will be on gamepass as well? That's not really a reason to be afraid.

Spotless Mind

Oct 27, 2017
Australia
Not excited for either tbh. I hated Heavy Rain enough to avoid any future David Cage game. State of Decay 2 wins by default, because i can try it with Game Pass.

LRB1983

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
Both companies should stop calling a game is relased on PC but not on the other console , exclusive.
Street Fighter V is not an exclusive.
State of Decay 2 is not an exclusive.
Detroit is an exclusive.

Oct 25, 2017
Brazil
Neither. Zombie survival games and David Cage's interactive movies don't interest me at all. The only exclusive I'm looking forward in May is Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire.

Deleted member 1003

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
As someone who doesnt own an XBOX and has loved every big ps4 exclusive so far, State of Decay 2
Similar feeling here. David Cage is such a toss up with the quality of game your going to get. I enjoyed Heavy Rain but there were some problems.

My May purchase is Dark Souls Remastered.

Edit: the guy above me is right, Pillars of Eternity 2 is the exclusive to play.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Wow you strawmanning my argument instead of actually looking at my point?
reactionseditor-shocked-patrick-stewart-l0Iydl9zWjbLvLv6U

You know, the one about how there are people with biases going every which way on this site?

And the example that you provided was of a thread that was closed and has several warnings in it.
Which did not happen here, despise I showed you those drive by shitposts.

A better example would be of a thread in wich had those amount of coments with no warnings at all also.

I mean sure if you want to call ignoring any points made as "warm up" whatever floats your boat!
Last time I replied to you this way, you said I had...

You clearly have some anger issues

I hope that's not your case...

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
For me it's not even that. I loved until dawn! Cage just can't write, and given that no one is playing his games for their award winning and super deep gameplay I consider that a pretty crippling flaw.

Until Dawn was so great. It wasn't an award-winning story, but at least it knew what it was and executed itself almost perfectly.

Deleted member 1067

User Requested Account Closure
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Until Dawn was so great. It wasn't an award-winning story, but at least it knew what it was and executed itself almost perfectly.
For sure. In a better world Sony would be throwing money at Supermassive instead of Quantic Dream, but for some reason there's someone high up at Sony who loves the shit out of Cage for a reason I can't begin to understand.

Etain

Oct 25, 2017
Neither. Zombie survival games and David Cage's interactive movies don't interest me at all. The only exclusive I'm looking forward in May is Pillars of Eternity II: Deadfire.
Damn, it won't be an exclusive for long but PoEII has got to be one of the best games coming next month.

For me, since I backed that and would need to finish PoE still, it's SMT Strange Journey Redux and Hyrule Warriors I am looking forward to most. Strictly of the OP games though... I'd probably rather play SoD2. Trying Heavy Rain put me off to David Cage, and there's other narrative driven games for me to get into before that.

PlanetSmasher

The Abominable Showman
Oct 25, 2017
For sure. In a better world Sony would be throwing money at Supermassive instead of Quantic Dream, but for some reason there's someone high up at Sony who loves the shit out of Cage for a reason I can't begin to understand.

To be fair, QD has been working on Detroit for what, five years now? Six years? It's been a really goddamn long time since they announced it and they have to get their money back somehow.

But they should absolutely be locking Supermassive down for another full-spec project instead of wasting them on PSVR games.

MarineMountie

Banned
Jan 18, 2018
SoD2 being a Windows 10 game hurts it in my eyes. I really don't want to have to deal with that shit again. Looking forward to Detroit though. Think it will be Cage's best effort to date. So I went with Detroit, even though I will get both in time. I'll hope for a Steam release for SoD2.

jroc74

Oct 27, 2017
State of Decay one was fun, but looking forward to Detroit more.

Mainly because I haven't played a game like this in years. I need to really finish heavy rain. And play beyond 2 Souls.

It seems like every new QD game they increase the gameplay. Like what they did with beyond, so looking forward to this.

Tengrave

Avenger
Oct 26, 2017
As someone who liked Heavy Rain and Beyond, it's State of Decay 2 in spades. I think Detroit will be fine but I am much more in the mood for SoD2. Breakdown mode in the first one was fantastic.

Derrick01

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I think there is more Xbox fans in this forum than Sony huh :O

No it's just the game being polled. If this was god of war or spiderman instead of detroit they'd be crushing SoD 2 right now. Besides the david cage stigma detroit's also in a pretty niche genre of gaming.

Hitting steam is a matter of "when", not "if"

I hope so. I'm only going to gamepass it on xbox but if it comes to Steam I'll actually buy it.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
And the example that you provided was of a thread that was closed and has several warnings in it.
Which did not happen here, despise I showed you those drive by shitposts.

A better example would be of a thread in wich had those amount of coments with no warnings at all also.
Yes, posts which I had acknowledged in my own post about that thread. It's not my fault if you refuse to actually read the points I make and immediately stop after the first line.

I pointed out that the red you see in that threat were posts directly trying to de-legitimize Edge magazine with their posts (implying various biases which were swiftly countered etc).
Last time I replied to you this way, you said I had...

I hope that's not your case...

This part.... literally makes no sense? You were literally going:
God, it's seems every thread that is a mention of a QD game people have to justify why they like their game,
Or
Don't even pay attention to it, and let those who enjoy it, enjoy the game without teh constant trashing it in every single thread. Is that hard to do?

Not to mention it was also in reply to your assertion:
I believe that if you go into them with open mind, and take it per what it is, you might actaully like it.
And you know the value of opinions from people that started by not liking the game, the studio and the director? The value of their opinions is 0.

That would be like me going to a thread about a game I never liked or care about.

Like I said, there are haters for literally every game. but when you treat everyone that has a negative opinion on it the same, you're going to get feedback about it. Hell, in the last one that I quoted you, you literally ignored every point the poster made about his feelings towards the game to go on a rant about opinions are totally invalid because the game isn't out yet... In a thread discussing excitement about two games that aren't out yet, and the interest itself is built on what we currently know about the products.

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
Hitting steam is a matter of "when", not "if"
Yep, but right now is a MS platforms exclusive, and we all know how a lot of people think about W10 store. For many a game available there is like is not available for PC.

A good bunch of people in this thread gave owning only Ps4 as a reason to not being interested on SoD2, and it's normal. The surprise come with some ps users still choosing SoD2.

chasingclouds

Jan 5, 2018
England, U.K.
I don't tend to do zombie games, or shooters anyway, but I have to admit even I think that State of Decay 2 looks really mediocre. Maybe it will look better on release for having been delayed.

Saying that - I don't think it's a fair comparison really - Detroit is a big AAA title with amazing graphics, but very niche gameplay, exploring very controversial topics.
State of Decay 2 is a generic zombie co-op title, which basically hits all the current trends - co-op multiplayer shooter with zombies, so even though it's just a sequel to a low budget arcade game, I think it may sell equal amounts to Detroit, despite far lower production values. Look at the success of PUBG.

I'm interested in Detroit because I see it not only as a beautiful game with impressive motion-cap, but as one of those games that push people's perceptions of what video games are. I love games that push boundaries and have novel themes or gameplay. I love the idea of my choices making the story. The amount of work done on Detroit is staggering, I read two years of writing for the branches. I personally don't think "kill zombies" is comparable. Also I'm a weak willed woman and Jesse Williams is delicious!

ShinUltramanJ

Oct 27, 2017
Multiplayer suits the style they wanted for the game (the first one as well, but couldnt yet) but its not the focus nor it will dumb down the single campaign. Also regarding being on GP you think the new Forza and Halo games won't have the content or mechanics because they will be on gamepass as well? That's not really a reason to be afraid.

Yes, I feel that games that can be played for $10 per month or whatever are going to be cut versions compared to past games.

But that's another thread. The price drop to $30 and a focus on multiplayer sets off alarms for me. You're saying it's going to be fine, but resources aren't infinite, and I expect changes to affect the single player campaign.

If I'm wrong then that's great; I'll pick it up on Steam down the road. But I've got a bad feeling about SoD2.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
State of Decay 2 is a generic zombie co-op title, which basically hits all the current trends - co-op multiplayer shooter with zombies
...it really isn't though.

Is it so hard for you folks to actually see whats SoD is about before trying to describe it? Its okay to dont know or never be interested in knowing, but don't act like you do if thats the case. Specially when you say "I love games that push boundaries and have novel themes or gameplay. I love the idea of my choices making the story." and these things are part of SoD. You're doing a disservice to yourself by painting it as a "zombie shooter" without knowing about it first.

Yes, I feel that games that can be played for $10 per month or whatever are going to be cut versions compared to past games.

But that's another thread. The price drop to $30 and a focus on multiplayer sets off alarms for me. You're saying it's going to be fine, but resources aren't infinite, and I expect changes to affect the single player campaign.

If I'm wrong then that's great; I'll pick it up on Steam down the road. But I've got a bad feeling about SoD2.

There was no price drop. The game was never 60$. There's no focus on multiplayer either and the devs confirmed it over the IGN videos.

Its fine to be scared or careful about the title, but you're afraid of the wrong things here imo

MS considers Windows to be part of their xbox ecosystem

I mean, they don't need to consider. It is. Xbox and windows are both part of Microsoft. The Windows 10 store is owned by microsoft. Saying a game on W10 and Xbox is not microsoft exclusive is as dumb as saying games on PS3/PS4 or WiiU/Switch are not Sony/Nintendo exclusives.

Last edited:

HamCormier

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
I don't tend to do zombie games, or shooters anyway, but I have to admit even I think that State of Decay 2 looks really mediocre. Maybe it will look better on release for having been delayed.

State of Decay 2 is a generic zombie co-op title, which basically hits all the current trends - co-op multiplayer shooter with zombies,

State of Decay is a survival Zombie sim with base management. Name a single survival zombie sim released on console this gen? I could be wrong but I can't think of any...

Dark_Castle

Oct 27, 2017
Both companies should stop calling a game is relased on PC but not on the other console , exclusive.
Street Fighter V is not an exclusive.
State of Decay 2 is not an exclusive.
Detroit is an exclusive.
MS considers Windows to be part of their xbox ecosystem, thus it's exclusive to them in a way. Not a true exclusive, but it's what it is.

Deleted member 11262

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The only thing you said is that you saw some videos about detroit that are avaliable and you think SoD2 is a janky mess and people voting for it are doing "solely because of the fact they actively want to choose against Detroit" because "i mean, come on". I'm not putting words on anyones mouth, unfortunately these are your own posts. For some uncanny reason you seem to be unable to comprehend some people actually want to play SoD2 not because they hate Cage or because they are not "up to the task" of playing more story-driven games (lmao) and thats your opinion. But this thread is not about you. Neither i want to waste any more time discussing Dadasch's gospel on games so if you want to continue it, please do it elsewhere with someone else
There is so much deflecting and misrepresenting it's not even funny anymore.
I said there are people who are voting solely because of that. Yes, I absolutely said that, but that doesn't equal to "dude thinks everyone voted for SoD2, because they hate David Cage". That's an absolutely ridiculous claim and misrepresentation of what I said. Let go of these quotation marks, because you are apparently not able to grasp anything what anyone wants to say.
And yes, I said something against SoD2 just like fucking everyone else shitposts on Detroit in this thread and you immediately took the chance to do you snarky posts. I get it, you're prone to overreact when a game you like gets shit on, but you clearly don't understand the point of a forum. I absolutely can and will share my opinion on the game and if you don't want to continue to read negative opinions on SoD2...go ahead and put me on ignore.

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
State of Decay. Generic.

There are so many systems interacting that you'll never understand what's going on under the hood on your first play through. But hey, it has zombies and co-op.

OldBenKenobi

Oct 25, 2017
SOD 2. Loved the first one and imo it looks far more interesting then Detroit. I also enjoy Co-op games more then single player ones.

Mass_Pincup

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
Detroit has been pre-ordered for years now.

Not trusting MS to release a competent single player experience in a primarily co-op/multiplayer games so I'll wait and see how State of decay 2 ends being.