• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Which May exclusive game are you more excited for?

• State of Decay 2

Votes: 650 47.8%
  • Detroit: Become Human

Votes: 711 52.2%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

ClintStevens

Oct 27, 2017
Cage gets a lot of hate around here and Beyond Two Souls was trash but I've been a fan of his since Indigo Prophecy since I love story based games. So I voted for Detroit. Plus there are rumors floating around that Detroit might run in native 4k on ps4 pro and that would be cool.

gueras

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
User Banned (3 Days): Continuous console warring and trolling
I think there is more Xbox fans in this forum than Sony huh :O

occ86

Oct 30, 2017
I liked the "prequels" to both titles and I'm definitely going to play both sooner or later, but State of Decay 2 is the one I'm more interested in.
I can't wait to play it with my friends this time. :)

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
But I did replied to him. Saying that judged a game on a few trailers is ridiculous. And that he should wait for reviews and impressions before buying the game (wich I doubt he was planing to buy the game to beging with)

Except the post you were replying to was discussing why some people are not excited about the game, and provided examples that show that the game may very well end up having the same issues as past ones.
And I will not avoid any thread in regards to QD. If you feel I'm being mean, or unfair, feel free to hit the report button.
Also claiming that the game is "hot garbage" "David Cage is a hack" "Detroit is going to be a jumble of half-baked ideas with terrible writing and at least 5 shower scenes" "i'll just youtube the mandatory shower scene in detroit" "Child abuse in a fucking convention trailer" "i thought it's just a david cage thing, to include creepy shower scenes in every single game he makes" is consider creative criticism.

It's not, hence why I put this part in my post:
. Frankly from what I've seen of your posting in this thread, you view any criticism (legitimate or otherwise)
The "otherwise" is meant to cover the ones you quoted.

Maybe in a QD it is. But not in many other games around here.

Now this is getting embarrassing. there are haters that make drive by shit posts for every major game release by every major publisher. You can whine about how QD is special and is being totally treated unfairly by everyone here, but the truth is this shit gets tossed around to all the developers, and there are countless posters that go "Era hates Sony!/Nintendo/Microsoft!" While in the very same thread you'll see posters go "ERA is so biased, they let Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo get away with XXXXX in their game! If this was a game by Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft with XXXXX feature it would have been crucified!"

NovaXz

Chicken Chaser
Oct 25, 2017
New York, New York
Definitely State of Decay 2. Loved the first one and have been really excited by what I've seen from SoD 2. Detroit looks like it could be interesting, but it's really a wait and see for me.

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
Detroit is gonna win in the end because of userbase. I'm literally surprised that State of Decay 2 have managed to be on top for several pages/hours.

I don't know if that means that SoD2 looks better than I find it or that detroit looks even more boring than it looks to me.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Except the post you were replying to was discussing why some people are not excited about the game, and provided examples that show that the game may very well end up having the same issues as past ones.

It's not, hence why I put this part in my post:

The "otherwise" is meant to cover the ones you quoted.

Now this is getting embarrassing. there are haters that make drive by shit posts for every major game release by every major publisher. You can whine about how QD is special and is being totally treated unfairly by everyone here, but the truth is this shit gets tossed around to all the developers, and there are countless posters that go "Era hates Sony!/Nintendo/Microsoft!" While in the very same thread you'll see posters go "ERA is so biased, they let Sony/Microsoft/Nintendo get away with XXXXX in their game! If this was a game by Sony/Nintendo/Microsoft with XXXXX feature it would have been crucified!"
But that is the majority of the "criticisms" around here. is not just one drive by shit post. That was taken in just the first 2 pages. Is not an anomaly, it's the majority.

And wence in most cases that would granted a drive by warning, here is not the case. In fact I did not saw a single warning so far. But feel free to show me some.

Also in which I replied to that person, that if they really believe the game will be just another "Child abuse in a fucking convention trailer" then they should really stop caring about Cage games.

Deleted member 35653

User requested account closure
Banned
Dec 8, 2017
In like sci-fi and choices in games, so Detroit, but I' m not so sure about the game to preorder, will wait for review and public reception.

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
But that is the majority of the "criticisms" around here. is not just one drive by shit post. That was taken in just the first 2 pages. Is not an anomaly, it's the majority.

And wence in most cases that would granted a drive by warning, here is not the case. In fact I did not saw a single warning so far. But feel free to show me some.

Also in which I replied to that person, that if they really believe the game will be just another "Child abuse in a fucking convention trailer" then they should really stop caring about Cage games.
And? Did you see the GoW edge review game? The shitposts that got warnings there were the ones that specifically tried to discredit Edge Magazine through ridiculous assumptions.

If the mods had to warn someone every single time someone made a disparaging comment about a game with no context and no real merit as "criticism" there would be red EVERYWHERE. You have to be realistic about these things. Not to mention the thread itself is essentially a "State of Decay 2 versus Detroit" topic, which is always going to draw people that feel strongly one direction or the other.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
And? Did you see the GoW edge review game? The shitposts that got warnings there were the ones that specifically tried to discredit Edge Magazine through ridiculous assumptions.

If the mods had to warn someone every single time someone made a disparaging comment about a game with no context and no real merit as "criticism" there would be red EVERYWHERE. You have to be realistic about these things. Not to mention the thread itself is essentially a "State of Decay 2 versus Detroit" topic, which is always going to draw people that feel strongly one direction or the other.
So you telling me, that there is none. Even after someone saying that it will be a "Child abuse in a fucking convention trailer"
tenor.gif

And yes I saw it. They even closed the thread.

Deleted member 11262

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Nah, my guess is that the hate for David Cage is so enormous that people choose SoD2 solely because of the fact they actively want to choose against Detroit. :P

I mean, come on. SoD2 looks like a janky mess. It looks better than SoD, but looking better than an even jankier mess is hardly an argument for the game...

Angie22
You can't fight the perception. Don't even try to.

Angie

Best Avatar Thread Ever!
Nov 20, 2017
Kingdom of Corona
Nah, my guess is that the hate for David Cage is so enormous that people choose SoD2 solely because of the fact they actively want to choose against Detroit. :P

I mean, come on. SoD2 looks like a janky mess. It looks better than SoD, but looking better than an even jankier mess is hardly an argument for the game...

Angie22
You can't fight the perception. Don't even try to.
It's a good warm up for the OT.
How long you believe until the OT will have a huge mod edit in it?

Deleted member 11262

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
How long you believe until the OT will have a huge mod edit in it?
Almost instantly I would assume. My guess is it will start from the preview threads and will finally escalate in the review thread so the mods will be ready to put a warning up right after you put the thread up. :P

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
So you telling me, that there is none. Even after someone saying that it will be a "Child abuse in a fucking convention trailer"
tenor.gif

And yes I saw it. They even closed the thread.
Wow you strawmanning my argument instead of actually looking at my point?
reactionseditor-shocked-patrick-stewart-l0Iydl9zWjbLvLv6U

You know, the one about how there are people with biases going every which way on this site?

I mean sure if you want to call ignoring any points made as "warm up" whatever floats your boat!

Lol that would be hilarious if someone actually thought that was the only reason why State of Decay could be winning!

V0l2ZSW

The first state of decay sold incredibly well for a small team, mainly because despite the jank, it provided gameplay that was incredibly fun and something that was pretty much entirely unique compared to other zombie games (most of which are/were terrible).

State of Decay 2 seems to have built on all the stuff that the fans loved about the first one, along with a new coat of paint which was sorely needed. There are tons of reasons why someone would prefer it over a QD game. Hell there are reasons why others might prefer it over other big releases too.

Vex

Oct 25, 2017
SoD2 and it's not even close. QD has burned many before and their track record is questionable.

Undead labs has a better chance at putting out a great game.

Starlatine

533.489 paid youtubers cant be wrong
Oct 28, 2017

Ah yes, everyone excited for SoD2 is faking it just to be contrarian. I saw a zombie that moved funny during E3! How can anyone ever want to play that?

Maybe you should watch some more SoD2 videos before stating things like this. Because unlike Detroit there is a lot of material out there showing exactly what you can expect from SoD2 and yet people still want to play it

Deleted member 11262

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Lol that would be hilarious if someone actually thought that was the only reason why State of Decay could be winning!
It's one of the reasons. Of course there are people who would rather play a game with a less narrative-driven focus, but so many members choosing SoD2 over Detroit, which finished at #6 in the most anticipated list, in a head-to-head has probably more rationale than just that.

Deleted member 41931

Apr 10, 2018
Planning on playing both, but if you're asking which I expect to better, probably SoD2. It seems to be an all around improvement on an already solid game and the addition of coop will help. Detroit I have no expectations of in terms of quality, though I expect to enjoy regardless.

Deleted member 11262

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Ah yes, everyone excited for SoD2 is faking it just to be contrarian. I saw a zombie that moved funny during E3! How can anyone ever want to play that?

Maybe you should watch some more SoD2 videos before stating things like this. Because unlike Detroit there is a lot of material out there showing exactly what you can expect from SoD2 and yet people still want to play it
Funny how snarky you react at arguably the first shitpost for SoD2 in this thread, when this thread basically reads like a "fuck David Cage/Quantic Dreams thread". :D

Reven Wolf

The Fallen
Oct 25, 2017
It's one of the reasons. Of course there are people who would rather play a game with a less narrative-driven focus, but so many members choosing SoD2 over Detroit, which finished at #6 in the most anticipated list, in a head-to-head has probably more rationale than just that.

Sure there's more rational, just boiling it down to "less narrative-driven focus" is incredibly reductive.

The differences between the two extend well beyond just something that basic.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017

and of course the rationale would never be "SoD was an unique and fun despite flawed game and SoD2 improves on that in every sense so people want to play it", right?

a small handful of people who might vote against detroit just because don't like cage doesnt mean all 433 people did it. in fact more people in this thread voted for detroit without knowing anything about the game just because "it was cage" or "i like single player games and i believe sod2 is multiplayer only" or "sod is just another zombie game so detroit wins", which is funny because goes completely against your point

Saint-14

Banned
Nov 2, 2017
Surprised that it is a tie, I thought people were sick of zombie games?

Anyways, don't have an Xbox and not interested in Detroit.

Deleted member 35011

Banned
Dec 1, 2017
Neither, to be honest. I'm not a fan of David Cage games generally and I'm definitely not into zombie games. Of the two, I'd be more willing to give Detroit a chance though if I heard good things about it.

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
Surprised that it is a tie, I thought people were sick of zombie games?

Anyways, don't have an Xbox and not interested in Detroit.

I am sick of the usual zombies games to be fair. The lets go crazy over the top Dead Rising ones.
State of Decay is the closest we get to realistic zombies games and focus on survival and communty building.

Deleted member 11262

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
and of course the rationale would never be "SoD was an unique and fun despite flawed game and SoD2 improves on that in every sense so people want to play it", right?

a small handful of people who might against detroit just because don't like cage doesnt mean all 433 people did it. in fact more people in this thread voted for detroit without knowing anything about the game just because "it was cage" or "i like single player games and i believe sod2 is multiplayer only" or "sod is just another zombie game so detroit wins", which is funny because goes completely against your point
What are you even talking about? There was more than enough gameplay up until this point to deduce how the game is structured. You probably didn't see how Guillaume de Fondaumiere did a playthrough through the Connor level at the PSX stage, but if you don't want to inform yourself on the game that's fine. I also saw plenty of gameplay clips on the Kara level and there were also many excerpts of the Markus level.

So don't talk out of your ass. I saw SoD2 streams...it looks like a janky mess. That's my informed opinion on the game.

Decarb

Oct 27, 2017
Another zombie survivor game vs a David Cage game. Tough choice but I think I'll go with the ridiculously overpriced Tropical Freeze.

Starlatine

Oct 28, 2017
What are you even talking about? There was more than enough gameplay up until this point to deduce how the game is structured. You probably didn't see how Guillaume de Fondaumiere did a playthrough through the Connor level at the PSX stage, but if you don't want to inform yourself on the game that's fine. I also saw plenty of gameplay clips on the Kara level and there were also many excerpts of the Markus level.

So don't talk out of your ass. I saw SoD2 streams...it looks like a janky mess. That's my informed opinion on the game.

"I don't like it therefore everyone else didnt as well and if they said they did, they're lying"

You don't have an argument, you just have a ridiculously inflated ego. Not even worth discussing anything with you. Specially because you're not even reading anything anyway, the post was never about your opinion.

Low3rL3vel

Oct 28, 2017
SoD2 easily! One of two (already preordered) definite buys this year. Other is AC7.

Tbh I don't know what Detroit is even about completely as I have no interest at all...

Niosai

One Winged Slayer
Oct 28, 2017
"It's David Cage, so I hate it immediately." in this thread.

Yeesh.

I'm excited for Detroit. Love the way it's handling branching story paths. I hope there's enough depth to add plenty of replay value.

Edit: As of this message, both are at exactly 445 votes. Wow. I guess based on this sample, people are equally excited for both.

Adder

Oct 28, 2017
Spain
Neither. DK Tropical Freeze. I am quite bad at videogames and the easy mode is lite. already preordered.

Hate

Oct 26, 2017
Detroit.

Only because, I like SP games more than MP games. I already have quite a few MP games eating at my time.

Angst

Oct 27, 2017
Not hyped for state of decay because it's just another zombie game I've played a gazillion of.

HamCormier

Banned
Nov 11, 2017
Not hyped for state of decay because it's just another zombie game I've played a gazillion of.

It's really not, though -- It's probably one of the most unique zombie games I've played (the first one anyway).

It's essentially a survival sim and a base management sim, with some perma-death elements thrown in and some gut-wrentching choices to make through a very non-linear campaign.

Have you played the first one?