• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.
  • We have made minor adjustments to how the search bar works on ResetEra. You can read about the changes here.

Gowans

Oct 27, 2017
North East, UK
Watching the GB quick look, I can't wait.

Game Pass and co-op is gona be great to get my mates in with me, it's been a hard explain for some of them.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
24.gif

Deleted member 2172

Account closed at user request
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Im really looking forward to going through this game with some friends.

It's looking really good.

TinTuba47

Nov 14, 2017
Is the combat any better? Only issue I had with the first game is how rudimentary the fighting was

Mercenary09

Banned
Oct 27, 2017
The fact that this is yet another co-op game where you are forced to stay so close together is a huge bummer. Also once again only the host really gets any sort of progression. Sorry but no thanks.

aember

Oct 26, 2017
So I've been trying to find anything about this, but are there any large zombie hordes in the game? So far every video I've seen, it's always just like a group of 10 or so zombies scattered nearby in an area. I wanna see some big zombie piles or at least those roaming groups from the first game.

ElBoxy

Oct 25, 2017
Is it just me or does this game look way better visually compared to the last preview?

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
Some months ago I was zero hyped by this game, but replaying the first and some of the improvements it seems Undead have made, gets me in the mood for this second game.

noyram23

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Looks fun, this is coming to gamepass right? Also does gamepass works on both PC and Xbox? Or do I have to buy separate?

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
Game looks good but it looks like they haven't changed the crosshair. It's still too thick.

Raide

Banned
Oct 31, 2017
Was probably going to grab this anyway but having Gamepass makes this a no brainer. Haha.

Dyashen

Dec 20, 2017
Belgium
This went from a "meh"-hyped game to what could be my GOTY. The management system will most likely keep me a long time in the game.

Also, can't wait to help other people in coop. Hopefully the flare system isn't as inconsistent as the one in Monster Hunter World.

Kilgore

Feb 5, 2018
Indeed, the Eurogamer preview in particular gives us some insight in to why this still ended up as a budget release.

It sounds like another game that could have done with another 6-12 months in the oven.

I don't know about this. Maybe Undead Labs are simply not very good on the technical side of making games. They never truly fixed the original bugs, not even in the remaster for Xbox One. There are studios that simply don't have the people, or are not interested on tune properly their games. Not always more development time make a real impact on how a game feels. State of Decay 2 have had a medium-long development in fact.

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
Do any of the videos/articles get into State of Decay 2's faction stuff? (if there is any.) Like the diplomacy or fighting between survivor factions.

Desless1

Oct 27, 2017
Norway
I am really looking forward to this one. And I would be dissapointed if it contained no jankiness. Was sooo much fun in the first game.

Nintendo

Prophet of Regret
Oct 27, 2017
They are not a first party studio, and for what I know they are hired a lot of people for State of Decay 2 and doubled their size during the development.

Nice. I haven't played the first game but this one looks really good. It's a nice blend between open world zombie and management.

Oct 26, 2017
VG247 is happy about the core of the game but right now there are plenty of bugs. They name a concern of theirs about loading up your car with supplies, drive for half an hour to somewhere and lose it all. Could easily happen they say. Kinda jumping to conclusions there because how would they know a bug like that could be in there?

Three more weeks to go, maybe a day one patch can fix a lot? It would be nice to see this launch and be pretty much free of weird shit, like Gears 4 or FH for example. But I really doubt that. You do see zombies getting stuck on fences and not being able to jump/walk through window openings in the video.

Xando

Oct 28, 2017
Do any of the videos/articles get into State of Decay 2's faction stuff? (if there is any.) Like the diplomacy or fighting between survivor factions.
The Eurogamer video has a part where they first trade with a survivor group which then turns hostile and kills his character.

At around 3:50-4:00

Hella

Oct 27, 2017
The Eurogamer video has a part where they first trade with a survivor group which then turns hostile and kills his character.
Oooooh awesome, thank you!

I'm glad the devs have tackled that aspect of the zombie apocalypse. A lot of stuff glosses right over survivor factions, and how they interact.

Prine

Attempted to circumvent ban with alt account
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
The lighting and blur in this game looks beautiful

KORNdog

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
seems pretty janky, like the first one. but at least they're not charging full price for it so i imagine most will let it slide.

MS should have really pushed this as a bigger release with bigger budgets.

OP
OP
Theorry

Theorry

Oct 27, 2017
VG247 is happy about the core of the game but right now there are plenty of bugs. They name a concern of theirs about loading up your car with supplies, drive for half an hour to somewhere and lose it all. Could easily happen they say. Kinda jumping to conclusions there because how would they know a bug like that could be in there?

Three more weeks to go, maybe a day one patch can fix a lot? It would be nice to see this launch and be pretty much free of weird shit, like Gears 4 or FH for example. But I really doubt that. You do see zombies getting stuck on fences and not being able to jump/walk through window openings in the video.

There were some syncing issues. But are resolved according a other preview.

Specific scenarios aside, State of Decay 2 played and ran well outside of a syncing issue that has since been resolved (the build was a few weeks old).

Gamer17

Banned
Oct 30, 2017
High level of graphical glitches doesn't sound great.and xbx1x can't keep frame rate is not an ideal look for their powerful console .
But overall looks like it might be a fun game