• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018

Shit gets hilarious . I hope they fix the multiplayer shit before the release happens because headlines will not be kind to them if it stays that way.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
Might as well drop in Brad from Giant Bomb's impressions here too if we're doing site's impressions! Just listened to this week's Bombcast so interested to hear him talking about his experiences.

I am really into that game. I really want to be playing it right now. It is basically a post apocalyptic zombie wasteland The Sims.

Last edited:

Monty Mole

Alt Account
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
They really hate it lol. Expect the bugs to entertain you but not the game itself.

Majiebeast

Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Microsoft is just an indie dev.

7r5L.gif

Complicated

Oct 29, 2017
Hype rising. Brad loves it which means I'll love it just like the first one. Giantbomb just started a livestream of the game, but I'll probably wait to watch it tomorrow. Tuesday needs to hurry up and get here.

Fendajaz

Banned
Oct 29, 2017
Loved the first one, but I might wait til they iron out the bugs and release it on steam. Hyrule warriors will keep me busy.

OP
OP
BigWinnie1

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Loved the first one, but I might wait til they iron out the bugs and release it on steam. Hyrule warriors will keep me busy.

Its the Multiplayer bugs are super worrying but Single player seems fine from everyone who played it. Also Physics Bugs everywhere from what people are saying.

Panic Freak

Oct 26, 2017
I'm confident that they will fix the bugs in this game but I'm also only going to play this single player at first anyway so it doesn't really matter to me (yet).

OP
OP
BigWinnie1

BigWinnie1

Banned
Feb 19, 2018
Doesn't seem as bad as people make it to be.

Yeah the bugs aren't game breaking unless you get a car on top of a house but other than that single player seems playable and good. Multiplayer is a fucking minefield tho.

Two players is playable but jank as shit but 4 players and shit gets wild.

Oliver James

Avenger
Oct 25, 2017
The only thing I wanted from the last game was more missions a new map. This game fits the bill and more. Excited for it, I honestly think that mechanically, it's the best zombie game out there.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
Watch Brad hype it now and fall off of it in a couple of weeks, just like with the first game. This guy just falls for this kind of game all the time at first glance. The numbers going up, the hamster wheel spinning - that's really all he needs to get hooked and ignore obvious flaws.

Just like him, I was into the first game for a while too and fell off of it eventually because I found myself going through the motions about halfway through. And from what I read and have seen so far, SOD2 is basically more of the same. Coop is a nice idea but it's also limited and broken it seems which is unfortunate.

Last edited:
Oct 27, 2017
I loved the original even for all the shit it got, watched several streams and I know I'm going to enjoy this one even more.

There was also a 6.5gb patch, wonder what it fixed. Doubt reviewers will change anyway, they go up tomorrow I believe.

Legacy

One Winged Slayer
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
I really enjoyed the first one but staying away until they fix the MP side of things

Bizzquik

Chicken Chaser
Nov 5, 2017
Hype rising. Brad loves it which means I'll love it just like the first one. Giantbomb just started a livestream of the game

Thanks for the heads-up on the stream.
I watched the Bombcast clip (above) where Brad basically called the game The Sims + Zombie Apocalypse, and now I see he's roped the team into watching him play. Now I will dutifully watch Brad play after I get done with work, too.
Well done, Brad.

Hype rising, indeed.

Deleted member 13645

User requested account closure
Banned
Oct 27, 2017
Thanks for the heads-up on the stream.
I watched the Bombcast clip (above) where Brad basically called the game The Sims + Zombie Apocalypse, and now I see he's roped the team into watching him play. Now I will dutifully watch Brad play after I get done with work, too.
Well done, Brad.

Hype rising, indeed.

He straight up said on the stream "I really, really like it." which has me excited. This is very much my type of game.

ghostcrew

The Shrouded Ghost
Administrator
Oct 27, 2017
He straight up said on the stream "I really, really like it." which has me excited. This is very much my type of game.

Did you see the bit where he accidentally ran into some looters who killed his best guy? Then he came back in a car and ran them all over and stole all their shit? It was heart warming.

JaggedSac

Oct 25, 2017
Burbs of Atlanta
Watch Brad hype it now and fall off of it in a couple of weeks, just like with the first game. This guy just falls for this kind of game all the time at first glance. The numbers going up, the hamster wheel spinning - that's really all he needs to get hooked and ignore obvious flaws.

Just like him, I was into the first game for a while too and fell off of it eventually because I found myself going through the motions about halfway through. And from what I read and have seen so far, SOD2 is basically more of the same. Coop is a nice idea but it's also limited and broken it seems which is unfortunate.

He actually brought that up and said he isn't feeling the same with SoD2 as SoD in regards to falling off after the number of hours he has played.

Bedlam

Banned
Oct 26, 2017
How would he have said something about a prior game when there wasn't a prior game? :P
You know what I mean ;) He was very uncritical of it because he was so very into the progression, loot and crafting systems for a while. From having watched, read and listened to him since the old Gamespot days, he is just very susceptible to all that threadmill stuff and often can only truly reflect long after the fact.

I mean, he claims he has already played an exhaustive amount of hours of the game but as just evidenced on the stream, he only cleared tiny parts of the first one of three (?) large maps. Let's see what he thinks about the gameplay loop after 40+ hours more of this.

I'm just reminded of a typical Brad hype cycle here.

Last edited:

ReginaldXIV

Nov 4, 2017
Minnesota
Love Dropped Frames. Can't wait for their E3 stuff. They have Rami joining them as well as Bahroo and Dodger.

On topic: The multiplayer seems broken. Even if they fixed the netcode and tightened up the physics, I still think the multiplayer will have limited appeal just because the people who are not host can't do much but stand there and wait for the host to do the fun sim stuff. They can't even go out and enjoy looting because the game sections off loot to each individual player seemingly randomly.

Oct 31, 2017
I watched them spamming the car doors live and it was the most interesting part of the multiplayer. Single player seems enjoyable though, I've been watching Dan's playthrough.