• Ever wanted an RSS feed of all your favorite gaming news sites? Go check out our new Gaming Headlines feed! Read more about it here.

Alienous

Oct 25, 2017
It's not like people are being forced to create for it, though. Just like with LBP, people will love just creating and sharing.

My thinking is it's more of a toolset, and I've seen people invest really cool ideas into it where they might not with a traditional game engine. Then multiple people collaborating for games.

The idea of being Dreams verified (like reaching a threshold follower amount) and being able to push bigger projects to a Dreams section of the PlayStation store feels like it could reward whole new indie teams.

But I see where you're coming from.

Deleted member 51691

User requested account closure
Banned
Jan 6, 2019
I didn't need to watch that live...

Tsushima tease was too enticing, disappointed that it was only a teaser for the trailer. I didn't see the point in having this State of Play.

September SoP was better. A bit of a reversion back to the lower quality of the first two.

Bane

The Fallen
Oct 27, 2017
Easily the best SoP they've done. Every game seems at least somewhat interesting. Good job, hopefully they can keep it up.

Dragon1893

Oct 25, 2017
That was a cute reveal for RE3.
Here's the campaign portion of REsistance: proceeds to start the trailer with first person footage.

But yeah, it looks fantastic, can't fucking wait.

GoT was just a tease, I hope TGA deliver the goods.

Megatron

Oct 27, 2017
Whooo that was rough. When they lead off with untitled Goose game I knew we were in trouble. Still, nice to have confirmation on GhoT coming to PS4.

nolifebr

Banned
Sep 1, 2018
Curitiba/BR
How did Sony dare not show God Of War 2, Spider-Man 2 and Horizon 2?

giphy.gif

LuuKyK

Oct 29, 2017
Brazil
Easily the best SOP yet, a bit for everyone, new announcements. Sucks that KH and RE3 leaked. Would have been great surprises.

Edge

A King's Landing
Banned
Oct 25, 2017
Celle, Germany
Next Nintendo Direct style show over.

Next one that was f'n awful and boring.

And people prefer this trailer show to conferences and stage shows? What a waste of time.
I miss the years where I even took a vacation for E3 and stage shows and it was totally worth it.

Sanctuary

Oct 27, 2017
I didn't realize these were so short. Twenty-two minutes? Anyway, no real surprises at all other than a small update on Babylon's Fall, that seemed to be nothing more than an affirmation that it's still being developed or something. Also, the Ghost of Tsushima clip was weak as hell. We already know the game looks nice, but this didn't show me anything and was a literal tease of a teaser.

Naga

Alt account
Banned
Aug 29, 2019
I felt that the last SoP was better.
Still nice, nothing too fantastic tbh, but leaks/rumors and the fact TGA is that close probably doesn't help.

Transistor

The Walnut King
Administrator
Oct 25, 2017
Washington, D.C.
People really need to get their expectations in check for these small events. They're never gonna do a huge megaton in a State of Play.

Overall I thought it was good. Dreams release date, RE3 release date, beautiful message from Kutaragi, Babylon's Fall still exists, Ghost of Tsushima tease. All good stuff.

Rotobit

Editor at Nintendo Wire
Verified
Oct 27, 2017
Quite liked that one, shame about the RE3 leak since that would have been super impactful for fans I bet

Didn't expect Babylon's Fall or Ghosts of Tsushima at all either, so that was neat

Dunno what to think about "paper animal cruelty simulator 2020"

Also kind of exciting to think this might be the last Sony stream before the PS5 is revealed next year

MeltedDreams

Oct 27, 2017
I don't know what to think about babylon's fall. Is this game supposed to be Platinum's take on Souls formula? If so, these guys are way too late imo.

poklane

Oct 25, 2017
the Netherlands
People really need to get their expectations in check for these small events. They're never gonna do a huge megaton in a State of Play.

Overall I thought it was good. Dreams release date, RE3 release date, beautiful message from Kutaragi, Babylon's Fall still exists, Ghost of Tsushima tease. All good stuff.
Something like what we got from The Last of Us Part II back in September is the biggest we're reasonably gonna get.

Oct 27, 2017
I'm actually pretty disappointed that we're not getting a story mode to learn about the Resistance characters, would've been cool to see what happened in Raccoon City from a civilian perspective.

Babylon's Fall looks interesting. It looks like if you put Nier mechanics in a Soulsborne game. Am interested to know if it has multiple playable characters given the three other people standing next to the MC.